Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:23:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [80 GH][0% Fee] A1BITCOINPOOL.COM 10 BTC BONUS PROPORTIONAL POOL  (Read 4781 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 07:40:20 AM

I guess Inaba and Meni need to go attack all the other prop threads and report them to mods for whatever reason, I still can't work out what exactly it is, from reading this rather short thread.
That's actually not a bad idea, but no, I only report people who:
1. Start a proportional pool
2. Spam the pool everywhere with "proportional, all hoppers should come here" as a selling point
3. Switch to a different payout system mid-round without any prior notice
4. Close the pool shortly after creation
5. Start a new pool under a new username, without any reference to the previous pool
6. Lie about what they wrote (eg the edit of message #20 in this thread)

Seriously you two, you do just make yourself look like idiots to anyone who reads this thread.
If anyone has reading comprehension difficulties it's their problem, just don't say we didn't warn you when this pools shuts down mysteriously.

Even if we take Hanlon's razor to the extreme and assume the OP is just clueless, pools like this are an insult to people who work hard on making viable pools.
But all I see (and I'm sure most others do also) reading this thread is you 2 bitching about there being a new prop pool coz it doesn't use DGM.

Yeah those other reasons (3-6) may be valid, but certainly 1 and 2 on your list make no sense at all.

Again, read this thread from the start and it seems like a "let's be whiny anti-prop bitches" session.

At least cover items 3 to 6 in your post with details and point out that's the reason you're being drama queens, not the rest of the shit that Inaba has posted whining about it being a prop pool.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 08:04:01 AM

I guess Inaba and Meni need to go attack all the other prop threads and report them to mods for whatever reason, I still can't work out what exactly it is, from reading this rather short thread.
That's actually not a bad idea, but no, I only report people who:
1. Start a proportional pool
2. Spam the pool everywhere with "proportional, all hoppers should come here" as a selling point
3. Switch to a different payout system mid-round without any prior notice
4. Close the pool shortly after creation
5. Start a new pool under a new username, without any reference to the previous pool
6. Lie about what they wrote (eg the edit of message #20 in this thread)

Seriously you two, you do just make yourself look like idiots to anyone who reads this thread.
If anyone has reading comprehension difficulties it's their problem, just don't say we didn't warn you when this pools shuts down mysteriously.

Even if we take Hanlon's razor to the extreme and assume the OP is just clueless, pools like this are an insult to people who work hard on making viable pools.
But all I see (and I'm sure most others do also) reading this thread is you 2 bitching about there being a new prop pool coz it doesn't use DGM.

Yeah those other reasons (3-6) may be valid, but certainly 1 and 2 on your list make no sense at all.

Again, read this thread from the start and it seems like a "let's be whiny anti-prop bitches" session.

At least cover items 3 to 6 in your post with details and point out that's the reason you're being drama queens, not the rest of the shit that Inaba has posted whining about it being a prop pool.
I didn't give a list of reasons, I gave a timeline, 1 and 2 are a part of the timeline without which the rest doesn't make sense. #3 wouldn't have been that bad if he hadn't made a point of it being proportional in #2 etc.

Inaba did cover all of the OP's transgressions, why would I need to repeat them? I simply agreed with his analysis and reported.

Don't get me wrong, Inaba was completely in the right directing some of his criticism at the mere starting of a proportional pool. There's absolutely no justification to start a proportional pool these days. They are known to be broken. Starting a prop pools means you don't care that your users will be ripped off some 20% of their earnings and that you're counting on their ignorance to mine for you.

I don't personally expose every prop pool that pops out, mostly because I'm weary of fighting people like you who come to defend the prop pool and accuse whistleblowers who actually care about people of having some agenda. You make it seem like I pulled DGM out of my ass and then went out to proselytize it by deciding that hopping-proof methods are good, when obviously the correct causality is that I saw the need for a hopping-proof method and then went to develop DGM to answer this need. (Of course it doesn't need to be DGM, PPLNS is also ok).

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 08:42:57 AM

Seriously, I do mean 2 makes no sense at all.
You got a link to where he said that?
I'm curious to see that stupidity Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 10:46:54 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 02:24:13 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

Seriously, I do mean 2 makes no sense at all.
You got a link to where he said that?
I'm curious to see that stupidity Smiley
I think some of it was at the tnt website which is down, but for example you have this which was posted on the HTH blog thread (meaning he was targeting hoppers specifically):
Come check out http://www.tntmining.com, we are a 0% proportional pool which means we are pool hop friendly.  
(Quote header is a link)

There's also this (by cablepair who helped mu50stang setting up):
As far as payout we are using PPLNS which is by far the fairest and most cheat proof payout system out there. It is what is being used at Eligius and many other pools these days, we considered going proportional just to get some sweet pool hopper action - but the truth of the matter is proportional is broken and outdated and PPLNS is one of the best payout schemes available.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 12:18:22 PM

cold truth is that casual miner with a few cards, can't maintain 99,9% uptime for whatever reason and all "fair" methods are a double-f**k for him

+1

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:03:15 PM

cold truth is that casual miner with a few cards, can't maintain 99,9% uptime for whatever reason and all "fair" methods are a double-f**k for him

Nonsense.  How casual you are has no effect on average payout.  Even IF your believed PPLNS and SMPSS somehow hurt casual miners (which they don't)...

Please explain the logic on how you think a casual (variable) miner "loses" with PPS.

You get paid same amount for every share and get credit as the share is submitted.  So how exactly could a "casual" miner fucked by it?

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 02:03:31 PM

Kano, here you go:

This pool uses a 0% Fee proportional pool and we welcome pool hoppers.
While the pool has 0% fees we do encourage some donations to help keep the pool up and running.  A 0.5% donation would be greatly appreciated. You are free to change this to any value (including 0%) in the account details.  My favorite miners give 1.5% or more.

This pool is hosted at http://www.tntmining.com/.   

Connect at tntmining.com port 8999.

We don't keep anything.  That's why donations will help keep the pool running. 
TNTMining.com - Donations: 12uRagade1yuPSfe5KhCgAnJrfH8U1iYf1

If there are any features that you would like to suggest please email me at ch69evy@hotmail.com.  Thanks and happy mining. 

and

This pool uses a 0% Fee proportional pool.
While the pool has 0% fees we do encourage some donations to help keep the pool up and running.  A 1.0% donation would be greatly appreciated. You are free to change this to any value (including 0%) in the account details.  My favorite miners give 1.5% or more.

This pool is hosted at http://www.A1BITCOINPOOL.com/.   

Connect at A1BITCOINPOOL.com port 8999.

We don't keep anything.  That's why donations will help keep the pool running. 
A1BITCOINPOOL.com - Donations: 1DodyyJvT5z6ztwFS16w5j3ZBKfTFgxBNE

If there are any features that you would like to suggest please email me at A1BITCOINPOOL@GMAIL.COM.  Thanks and happy mining.

Two threads, two pools, one op in less than a month.  Both threads, op responds to criticism  with first hostility then cluelessness then silence.  Then in the second threads takes to habitual lying to cover his ass.

Can you please point out where I advocated him switching to DGM?  I'm curious, because I seem to have no recollection of this.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:23:43 PM

Kano, here you go:
Thanks Smiley
Yeh I saw that with Meni's link.

Can you please point out where I advocated him switching to DGM?  I'm curious, because I seem to have no recollection of this.

Read the whole first page of this thread - it's basically you complaining about someone else starting a prop pool.
Over and over and over and over and over.

If your first post (or EVEN ANY POST on the first page) was about the correlation between this pool and another pool that may be a scam, then there may have been some use to your posts.
But there wasn't.
It really was a page full of you spouting shit coz you don't like the fact that prop allows hopping.
His reply to your first post should have ended that.

So to repeat

Yeah you didn't say "DGM" but the point of that was coz that's what your pool uses - and you are telling someone else how they should run their pool.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:49:06 PM

Yeah you didn't say "DGM" but the point of that was coz that's what your pool uses - and you are telling someone else how they should run their pool.
Perhaps because DGM is actually a fair method? Proportional pools cater only to hoppers, and anyone else mining at one is essentially defrauded of their share because of that.
If you must resort to hopping to pay the bills, perhaps you shouldn't be mining. If it is just greed, then props to the bigger poolops switching away from proportional, so that regular users can get their fair share without going to a huge established  monopolistic pool.

DISCLAIMER: I do not mine at EMC.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:56:23 PM

While I think Inaba may need to back off a -little- bit [IE:  Start a separate thread instead of starting the fight in a pool announcement thread], I can't help but laugh at this.  Thanks for starting my day off with a healthy dose of drama and comedy.

Anybody mining here is advised to check out the history of TNTMining, since it is OBVIOUS that this pool is the same person.  I would certainly recommend all future scam artists take the time to change the following when they run off with coins and start a new pool:

1) Change the format of your first post
2) Either use a standard mining port or at least not the same non-standard one
3) Use a proxy registration for your domain
4) Change more than 2 of the sentences between your two pool postings
5) Mask your scam by using a more fair model (Maybe SMPPS while hiding blocks?) to draw less attention

All these tips and more can be yours for the price of 5 BTC with your purchase of Bitcoin Scamming for Dummies!  What are you waiting for, buy this book so YOU can be the next MyBitcoin.com!
---
EDIT:  Sorry if my sarcasm went through the roof, been dealing with an ISP/network administration staff that has no understanding of Bitcoin and has been threatening to drop one of my IPs due to the resurgence of botnets after the latest price increases.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:23:26 PM

EDIT:  Sorry if my sarcasm went through the roof, been dealing with an ISP/network administration staff that has no understanding of Bitcoin and has been threatening to drop one of my IPs due to the resurgence of botnets after the latest price increases.

Just thinking outloud but why don't botnets (looking to mine not DDOS) simply use a proxy.  Point clusters of their bots at a proxy.  Point the proxy at the pool.  Nobody would even know they are bots.  The pool-proxy communication would look like a single large multi GH miner.  If they used multiple proxies on multiple hosts it would provide even more camouflage and anti-botnet protection. 
A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:28:44 PM

How about you guys start your own thread and you could go debate about bot nets, pool hopping, DGM all you want.  This is not the thread for it.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:37:43 PM

Nah - you lose coz they have shown (in one post on the 2nd page if you ignore most of it) that you're stupid Smiley
If your pool is still running, I'm sure it will die soon enough Tongue
Meanwhile the rest of the discussion is still interesting Cheesy

eleuthria
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:06:31 PM

EDIT:  Sorry if my sarcasm went through the roof, been dealing with an ISP/network administration staff that has no understanding of Bitcoin and has been threatening to drop one of my IPs due to the resurgence of botnets after the latest price increases.

Just thinking outloud but why don't botnets (looking to mine not DDOS) simply use a proxy.  Point clusters of their bots at a proxy.  Point the proxy at the pool.  Nobody would even know they are bots.  The pool-proxy communication would look like a single large multi GH miner.
Smart botnet herders do this. Others are too lazy and/or cheap to set up a proxy to do this for them.

Actually, they don't do it because the botnets that have hit us in the past will crash any proxy you point them at.  A small botnet can proxy connections, and they do.  Those are the ones I can easily ban [they have HORRIBLE efficiency].  Big botnets simply can't be handled by a single server, or even a small cluster.  As I stated back in July and again in November, there are at least two MASSIVE botnets out there working with bitcoins, and one of them had more than a million different IP addresses logged in a 24 hour period.

The real problem is that there are a lot of "security groups" out there that are clueless.  I've had IPs blacklisted in the past, and the reason given was "Botnet C&C Server".  IE:  They assume that because a botnet connects to one of my IPs, I must be in some way controlling them, even though the only reason they're connecting is to attempt to mine.

I would've thought by now that these groups and/or ISPs would at least know enough about Bitcoin to know the difference between a botnet controller and a pool server, but obviously that difference eludes their techs who aren't used to dealing with anything outside of general apache/linux configuration.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 04:59:42 PM

Off those 1 million bot, what % do you think mine with a GPU ?
eleuthria
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:07:58 PM

Off those 1 million bot, what % do you think mine with a GPU ?

Impossible to tell really, they funnel in through a handful of workers.  Given the overall speeds, not a high percentage, maybe none (they may just use a CPU miner to ensure compatibility).

A1BITCOINPOOL (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 01:25:54 AM

This thread is closed and moved to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60012.msg698199#msg698199.  We had to close this thread due to many off topic items being discussed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: