Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:10:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Python/C programmer for hire.  (Read 2045 times)
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 05:54:11 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2011, 10:47:51 PM by kokjo

0.01BTC for 10 LinesOfCode.

just come with the assignment, and I will write it!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 06:24:25 PM

Do you do django?

kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 06:38:19 PM

yes i do django.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 10:42:40 PM

That is a super cheap rate!

You have to write 10000 lines of code to earn 10BTC! At the current rate 1:1 with USD, this is nothing, unless you live in a really poor country.

How do you rationalise this? Just curious.
trabber

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 10:50:00 PM

I guess many people are just expirimenting with bitcoins. The concept of bitcoin is so mindblowing that I think many people, me including, don't really care about making profit from it.
Anonymous

April 15, 2011, 11:24:34 PM

30,000,000 lines of code in linux...

30,000 BTC ?

I would like a completely new operating system written. Let's call it WinBlows 8. Time estimate?
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 07:40:07 AM

That is a super cheap rate!

You have to write 10000 lines of code to earn 10BTC! At the current rate 1:1 with USD, this is nothing, unless you live in a really poor country.

How do you rationalise this? Just curious.

i rationalise this because, i find it fun to write code. Cheesy so why not get a little extra money. it is nothing but i only want a few bit coins. do you think i shoud raise the rate 1line of code for 0.01BTC? its 100 lines pr. 1BTC.

30,000,000 lines of code in linux...

no thanks, have other things to spend my time on...

I guess many people are just expirimenting with bitcoins.

thats right, i do expiriment with bit coin Smiley

asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 01:02:34 AM

i rationalise this because, i find it fun to write code. Cheesy so why not get a little extra money. it is nothing but i only want a few bit coins. do you think i shoud raise the rate 1line of code for 0.01BTC? its 100 lines pr. 1BTC.

Well if it's for fun, that's cool. Though, it is ridiculously cheap! Hell, I'll give you 1BTC if you want; save you writing 10,000 lines ;-)

I'm currently writing code and charging tens of BTCs per hour.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 06:36:08 AM

I need a little program, more like a game. Because it's an offense to your skills to pay you what you asked, I will pay you 5 BTC for this.

So, the program must:
1. Work on windows (not necessarily compiled, I can run it as a python script for example)
2. Be commented so a n00b that's learning, to understand the code

Program does this
1. Takes from config.txt following data: $NUMBER_OF_IMAGES_TO_SHOW, $TIME_TO_SHOW, $MORE_IMAGES
2. From a folder, it takes $NUMBER_OF_IMAGES_TO_SHOW (that are .JPEG files of the same dimensions) and presents to a user for $TIME_TO_SHOW each one.
3. Then, it scrambles all these and adds $MORE_IMAGES so the user recognize the ones presented to him.
4. Shows percentage and saves it to record.txt along with the date and hour

It's a memory program I want to play with (JPEGS will be photos of objects etc).

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 06:46:04 AM

Hi Kokjo,

Could you clone http://blockexplorer.com so that it works offline as a Windows XP program?

Resulting code can be released to the public, yet I'll still pay you for it.

Cheers.

wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 09:09:04 AM

How would it work offline? I mean, it would work, but it has to have some data to start with. And every transaction since you last updated the software won't be available.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 09:53:50 AM

How would it work offline? I mean, it would work, but it has to have some data to start with. And every transaction since you last updated the software won't be available.

You can download the block chain and keep it as up-to-date as you need to by using the default client.

The supplemental WinXPBlockExplorer(TM) program would then just need to be told where to find the bitcoin data directory in it's setup options somewhere.

For those that need an example in order to 'get it':

I'd like to be able to do searches in blockexplorer.com without the risk of someone sniffing what I've been searching for, without using fancy proxies or anything like that. I just want to be able to do that completely offline, completely privately, and for whatever reason my OS of choice at the moment is WinXP.

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 10:01:02 AM

You can download the block chain and keep it as up-to-date as you need to by using the default client.

The supplemental WinXPBlockExplorer(TM) program would then just need to be told where to find the bitcoin data directory in it's setup options somewhere.

I'd like to be able to do searches in blockexplorer.com without the risk of someone sniffing what I've been searching for, without using fancy proxies or anything like that. I just want to be able to do that completely offline, completely privately, and for whatever reason my OS of choice at the moment is WinXP.

I like that program Smiley  I put 5BTC towards it.

One off NP-Hard.
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 10:05:53 AM

I like that program Smiley  I put 5BTC towards it.

Thanks... are there any guidelines or "how to" for starting a bounty thread? I think a few people would find such a program handy, and I will put up at least 100btc for a decent implementation since I'm the one that wants it... but whoever programs it might end up making even more than that if more people pledge.

kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 01:10:03 PM

Well if it's for fun, that's cool. Though, it is ridiculously cheap! Hell, I'll give you 1BTC if you want; save you writing 10,000 lines ;-)

I'm currently writing code and charging tens of BTCs per hour.

well thanks you Smiley just send it to 1EJXbMi5CjHeNmUQNpZgg72HWzEMX8tVja im very happy for it.

kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 01:22:12 PM

Program does this
1. Takes from config.txt following data: $NUMBER_OF_IMAGES_TO_SHOW, $TIME_TO_SHOW, $MORE_IMAGES
2. From a folder, it takes $NUMBER_OF_IMAGES_TO_SHOW (that are .JPEG files of the same dimensions) and presents to a user for $TIME_TO_SHOW each one.
3. Then, it scrambles all these and adds $MORE_IMAGES so the user recognize the ones presented to him.
4. Shows percentage and saves it to record.txt along with the date and hour
im on that. Smiley

kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 01:27:44 PM

Hi Kokjo,

Could you clone http://blockexplorer.com so that it works offline as a Windows XP program?

Resulting code can be released to the public, yet I'll still pay you for it.

Cheers.

sounds fun... but looks quiet big... i see what i can do. Cheesy but i write it to linux insted because thats the platform im most falliliar with Smiley
is should be relativly easy to port it to windows after.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: