Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:46:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooking hash function - COMPETITION  (Read 3655 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 12:09:14 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 05:13:01 PM by popshot

Family of Grøslt algorithm presents

As you probably know or maybe not, Groestl Coin and Diamond Coin (soon to be) are backing the next big thing in the crypto industry, a novel hash function algorithm – Grøslt.  

That hard to pronounce marvel of cryptographic technology, which is going to revolutionize the way people mine coins, can still be a mystery to most people. We decided to break the wall of uncertainty as we found the way to show you how good Grøslt is.

The name of that hash function derives from an Austrian dish, usually made of roasted ingredients on a pan together with onions, butterfat and spices. That’s why we decided to …

announce a cookery challenge!

If you want to taste the success follow simple recipe given below and if lucky you might scoop some prizes in the process!

Steps for competitors
Steps for GRS and DMD Chefs
Groestl/Grøstl
The roots of this dish date back to the early days of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. From the German “rösten”, which means to roast, the dish was created to recycle leftover meat without sacrificing taste.Grøstl is a new cryptographic hash function which is based on principles very different from those used in the SHA-family. All known, generic attacks on the hash function are made much more difficult. It has good performance on a wide range of different platforms, and counter-measures against side-channel attacks.
Ingredients
leftover boiled or roast pork/beefASIC-free
2 or 3 mountain potatoesLowest energy and heat when GPU mining (even lower than X11 algo, about 50% of Scrypt)
1 large onionGPU and CPU friendly (a GPU is just 5-10 times faster than a CPU)
butter/lardOld GPU friendly
salt and pepper to tasteMobile Devices and Nvidia friendly
1 eggNo multipools
Preparation
Peel the potatoes and boil them in lightly salted water. When they’re soft and cooked just right (be sure not to overcook), let them cool and cut them into slices.

In an iron pan greased with butter/lard, fry the sliced onion and add the slices of potato.

Simmer the vegetables together and regularly break apart the slices of well-browned potato with a wooden spoon.

Add the sliced meat leftovers and cook for a few minutes together with the other ingredients. Add salt, pepper or other spices (marjoram, parsley, chives, savory, thyme, caraway seed) as needed.
Work round the clock to deliver. Cook, chop, simmer, bake until everyman and his doge can mine! And because Groestl # function is so efficient on all types of platforms the revolution is just round the corner! Follow our break neck speed progress on GrostlCoin Bitcointalk thread and Diamond Coin Bitcointalk thread and DMDCoin Community Forum

Dear competitors the above is provided as a guide only, you can choose your own method. You can browse Google for inspiration.

Rules of the competition:

1. Make a dish.

2. Take a photo of it with your nickname written on a piece of paper.

3. Enjoy your meal.

4. Submit the photo.

5. The first 5 entrants are guaranteed to get 1000GRS coins.

6. Wait for the results and if successful win the prize of 10 DMDs.

* Competition starts on Monday 28th April midnight and finishes on Monday 5th May 9PM GMT.

This competition is also running on Diamond Community Forum so entries there are valid in this thread and vice versa.

Please remember, the way you present your dish is important. To increase your chances of winning avoid taking pictures in poorly light places. Think of the layout and colours. Adding a fried egg on top without sacrificing the general look will give you more points for difficulty.

NOTICE for those on a diet. This is a high calorie dish which for sure will give you massive energy kick and possibly add a few millimeters in your thighs or abdominal area. Consume in moderation and treat it as a treat Smiley

To avoid funny Google Images business, we require you writing your nickname on a piece of paper next to the dish so we know it’s legit. Smiley

---  ---  ---  ---  ---

I’m not taking part in the competition as I’ll be in the jury and don’t want to cause a conflict of interest, but here’s my take on it:

There’s certainly a room for improvement but believe me, if it smells, feels and tastes like it does.. that hash function is a winner. Smiley

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 12:09:29 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 12:55:56 PM by popshot

reserved

denned

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:10:23 PM

Cheesy
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:14:20 PM

Great! This is probably the most innovative way for a giveaway I've seen on the forum. Cheesy

Crypto love combined with the joy of cooking!
Icardi09

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:16:12 PM

wow this competition is interesting Grin
i really hungry after see that photo Tongue
wait another photos here
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:17:31 PM

inspired by toriko?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 12:17:51 PM

i am form austria and i can tell ya

a "g'restl" as we call it (written "gröstl") is a meal that is different in like every family

their is only one basic between them all

potatos & and roast in a pan

some go with meat and onions
some with leftover sausage
some even go with vegetarian like toffu

most combine with a egg on top of it

and there lot variants of herbs possible

basic would be just pepper and salt
but i strongly suggest go with majoran too or an italian herb mix

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 12:29:37 PM

i am form austria and i can tell ya

a "g'restl" as we call it (written "gröstl") is a meal that is different in like every family

their is only one basic between them all

potatos & and roast in a pan

some go with meat and onions
some with leftover sausage
some even go with vegetarian like toffu
toffu, a well known vegetable from Austria  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:04:21 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 02:23:42 PM by child_harold

Food for Thought Grin

Thank you for doing such a mouth-watering job preparing this competition for Groestlcoin and Diamondcoin to jointly promote the Grøstl algo Smiley

On behalf of the Groestlcoin Team I will proudly pay the first 5 entries (subject to culinary checks) 1000 GRS each.

Many thanks and good luck everybody!

jepistons

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:13:35 PM

child_harold

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:23:27 PM

WØW!

That looks fantastic! Congratulations jepistons! Please provide me an address to send you your 1000 GRS.

p.s. is there dressing on that salad?
p.p.s beer=good

jepistons

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:52:23 PM

For my salad I only use a little salt and lemon it was very good to eat wished u guys could of smelled it  my Groestl addy is FoLjkVipyWSzd6xahqVsMwKTRgeuuks5xe Thanks Smiley looking forward to other members posting up there plates
lxxx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:57:27 PM

This is probably the most innovative way for a giveaway I've seen on the forum.

it is so nice and innvative.

well done...

child_harold

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:24:45 AM

For my salad I only use a little salt and lemon it was very good to eat wished u guys could of smelled it  my Groestl addy is FoLjkVipyWSzd6xahqVsMwKTRgeuuks5xe Thanks Smiley looking forward to other members posting up there plates

1000 groestlcoins sent!

jepistons

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:22:10 AM

1000 groestlcoins sent!
Smiley thanks got it
child_harold

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:26:58 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 08:17:25 PM by child_harold

Girlfriend cooked this today…
I was like "Yo, you made me groestl! (she knows what groestl is (she didn't used to)… Tongue )
And she came back: "No, its goulash"

NVM - looks groestly to me… and no - ITS NOT UPSIDE DOWN!
(but yes, it needed upside-down salt)

Put down that Pizza Delivery menu and Get Groestlin!

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 08:04:07 PM

Nice! Wink but where do you live that it's not upside down for you? South pole? Cheesy

child_harold

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:20:21 PM

Nice! Wink but where do you live that it's not upside down for you? South pole? Cheesy

I think maybe I was holding my iPhøne the wrong way…  Huh Cheesy

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 05:14:00 PM

Competition has been extended over the weekend till 5th of May to give everyone a chance to cook some Grestl Smiley

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 01:37:00 PM

OK, the competition has ended and we have a winner!

And the winner is jepistons!

Very nice presentation, well composed dish with a salad and a bottle of beer (and beer being suggested as the best suited drink to that dish).

Thank you for taking part.

PM sent

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: