Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:28:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: And another shake  (Read 1265 times)
SaintFlow (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:59:39 PM

- to keep the price stable?Huh?

edit:

or to ask for more financial support for the project?
8k moved out
7k cought another 7k to stabilize
followed by onther several k buy.

The graphs are not detailed enough.

don't let me make you question your assumptions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:00:59 PM

Probably liquidated a few bulls who got jumpy too close to the price last night... not me tho
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:03:53 PM

Another effect is to get amateurs like me who put a market order on Bitcoinica when the spike goes down, and don't close it when the price swings wildly up again... Lesson learned, use limits. To add insult to injury, I shorted down from 7-ish and closed at a minor profit when I felt I wasn't so sure it would go lower. A few minutes later, the dump. Good thing I'm playing with pennies.

Fun and games!

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
SaintFlow (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:11:08 PM

how do I time 6 blocks perfectly?

I see more coins being send to gox for panic sell!

don't let me make you question your assumptions
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 08:07:09 PM

how do I time 6 blocks perfectly?

I see more coins being send to gox for panic sell!

You can't!
It's usually around one hour to get trade-able coins into gox.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:41:40 AM

Another effect is to get amateurs like me who put a market order on Bitcoinica when the spike goes down, and don't close it when the price swings wildly up again... Lesson learned, use limits. To add insult to injury, I shorted down from 7-ish and closed at a minor profit when I felt I wasn't so sure it would go lower. A few minutes later, the dump. Good thing I'm playing with pennies.

Fun and games!

Just wanted to give you a thumbs up for speculating for fun and learning.

I often have the feeling people risk more than they should, and get overly emotional over their personal losses, even leaving because of them. Not that I don't get emotional at times. Tongue It's a difference though if people get stuck with excessive losses and can't get over it. Especially if they're missing the money afterward, as opposed to having accepted a chance to lose it all when they started speculating.

For me, there's real money involved, but I've made sure that both if I end up losing or hitting jackpot, it ends with a discussion of what happened and sushi. If I hit jackpot, I can treat everyone to the sushi! But sushi either way, like hell I'd speculate with the sushi-buying-money. Grin

Yea, fun and games, that's what it should feel like! Smiley
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:42:15 AM

Fun and games!

Just wanted to give you a thumbs up for speculating for fun and learning.

I often have the feeling people risk more than they should, and get overly emotional over their personal losses, even leaving because of them. Not that I don't get emotional at times. Tongue It's a difference though if people get stuck with excessive losses and can't get over it. Especially if they're missing the money afterward, as opposed to having accepted a chance to lose it all when they started speculating.

For me, there's real money involved, but I've made sure that both if I end up losing or hitting jackpot, it ends with a discussion of what happened and sushi. If I hit jackpot, I can treat everyone to the sushi! But sushi either way, like hell I'd speculate with the sushi-buying-money. Grin

Yea, fun and games, that's what it should feel like! Smiley

I want to go ahead and add a +1 for experimentation as well -- There was definitely a learning curve with Bitcoinica and I am very thankful I did not start "all in".
Also, +1 for sushi.   Cheesy

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: