Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:16:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [1CR] New coin on poloniex  (Read 2030 times)
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:26:45 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 01:13:13 AM by brokedummy

There is a new coin to mine on poloniex. 1CR = 1Credit coin. I am not the dev. I found some info on the website: http://www.1creditcoin.org/

•1 Coin payout.  1 Coin for block 1 and every block thereafter.  No half life.
•Total coins:  (2^63-1)/100,000,000 (# of Satoshi in a coin):  92,233,720,368
•              (92 Billion - max supported by current code)
•512 second (~8.5 minute) block time - reducing stale minings block percentages
•to around 2%
•256 new block confirms (~1.5 day confirms) - NOTE: most wallets add 20 more
•              (e.g. MPOS pool operators should confirm on 276 blocks)

•16 block transaction confirms (~2.3 hours)
•~1.5M years worth of coins
•ZERO Premine, ZERO special blocks, ZERO reason to raid...

Looks like it works out to about 100 new coins a day for the next million or so years. So after a year the supply will be under 40,000. After ten years it will be under 400,000

This coin was created for and is slated to be included in a new MMORPG under development. Along with CGA, YACC and ZED, 1CR will form the basis of the in game crypto economy.

Buy or mine today!

https://mining.theminingpools.com/
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:34:40 PM

diff is too high, also scrypt asic rape on the way

besides the endless supply what this coin offer?
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:41:13 PM

The diff algo is unique. It will seem to stay stuck on high difficulty blocks for hours then it will quickly solve several blocks before getting 'stuck' on another hard block. This helps combat multipool and miners jumping around. If you stay for the hard blocks you will get a share of the easy blocks.
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:17:26 PM

do coins do good at poloniex whenthey have them before others?
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:57:34 PM

Yeah, sometimes you can get in cheap, like I think VTC was selling cheap at poloniex for a while.
Faura888

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:05:32 PM

yeah but wtf is the 1cr need so many confirms ?!
so sick!
Emily Dickinson

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:33:02 PM

Thank you for your sharing, I will go to the website look you mention of the coin
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:50:09 PM

Literally nothing new.
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:49:33 PM

so sick!

1CR is built for max coin security. Long confirm times will minimize forking opportunities. This makes 1CR an investment coin and not a transaction coin.
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:52:07 PM

Literally nothing new.

The custom diff algorithm is like no other coin before it. One block could take a few hours but then you will get 10 blocks in a few seconds. This is 1CR's answer to protecting the coin from multipool raiders without introducing the KGW exploits.
Faura888

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:01:31 AM

so sick!

1CR is built for max coin security. Long confirm times will minimize forking opportunities. This makes 1CR an investment coin and not a transaction coin.
maybe as you said, but now ask me do you think people will mine something who need 2/5 days for be confirmer, pools will lost many miners and you will see, then its not 2/5 days for confirmed but 2/5 weeks that we will need to wait, its just my opinion, im not kinding 1cr..
sorryguys

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:17:43 AM

Literally nothing new.

Yes. I want to find a different coin .
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:01:19 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 01:09:11 AM by brokedummy

so sick!

maybe as you said, but now ask me do you think people will mine something who need 2/5 days for be confirmer, pools will lost many miners and you will see, then its not 2/5 days for confirmed but 2/5 weeks that we will need to wait, its just my opinion, im not kinding 1cr..

Why do you think it will be weeks? I have my coins and its only took a couple days. The hash went way up so maybe you are right. We are on block 898 now. So just over 600 coins confirmed and in the wild. If you mined now you will start to have some coins available eventually and the total confirmed supply will be 898. Days/weeks, I'm not exactly certain. It's supposed to average out to a couple days though.

brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:08:54 AM

Now on block 1005. About 100 blocks since the above post.
PiOfCube

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:30:21 AM

Just helping to get the word out:

Current Wallet: version 90301, released 5/29/14 - Mandatory Upgrade!!!
All users must upgrade their wallets before block 4000.

All exchanges and pool operators have been notified and most are already up to date.

http://www.1creditcoin.org
dogeberet

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 02:55:19 PM

so sick!

This did turn out to be true - but thankfully the dev is watching.  So - the new code release addressed this by shortening the confirms to around a day.  Also - the spikes in the diff are mellowed out starting on block 4000, which should be a day or two.  

It is worth revisiting - still holding good value on Poloniex.
Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:10:58 PM

Thanks all.  I'm the Dev and yes, we have tweaked the coin.

The block time remains at a target of 512 seconds, but we have decreased the COINBASE_MATURITY from 256 to 156 in the current build.  That will take effect immediately for you if you upgrade.  Since wallets add 20 confirms to the base setting, that means new block confirms will now happen in 176 blocks instead of 276.

As also mentioned above, the sine-wave like custom difficulty algo has been "dampened" to hopefully prevent the higher than expected occasional block times the coin has experienced.  That change kicks in at block 4000.

Because of that difficulty adjustment, any wallet that has not been upgraded prior to block 4000 will be incompatible with those that have.  Until then, they should continue to run.

We have received all of TWO reports of folks having minor difficulty, both of which were instantly resolved by upgrading the wallet and restarting.  One guy did a cold sync just to be safe - its unknown if that was actually required.  Coin block-chains are complex little beasties... so we suppose its possible, but don't have a ready explanation for why it would be required.

Happy mining and thanks for your support!

Cassey

Cassey
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:37:33 PM

Happy Mining?  Huh Huh Huh

Where can you actually mine this coin? I was one of the only people that wanted to mine steady, and for some reason first digitalmint dissapeared and now theminingpools seems out of order for weeks. There are no pools anymore. If you want this coin to live, please do something. I will be dumping my 377 1CR for whatever I can get in a month if there is no progress here.
Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:08:59 PM

The website (http://www.1creditcoin.org) SHOULD be listing the current pools, I'll need to go take a look.

Off the top of my head, I know that

http://www.multicoinpool.org supports it as an Exploratory coin (e.g. you can assign your miner to solo on it or switch between in and other exploratory coins),

and

https://mining.theminingpools.com supports it - there you just mine via your deposit address

I will need to check with the sysop over at the digital mint and see if he is coming back online.  He is hosted out of England, and they have some new laws coming into force that he was concerned about.  Pretty wild, like as a sysop he would be financially responsible if you lost money mining your coin??!?!

Cassey

ps.  Please make sure your running the latest wallet release.  At block 4000 all the old wallets are going to stop working, and the bridge I have up between the old world and new will go away.  MOST have upgraded, but we are seeing something like 15% of connects still using old code.

Cassey
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:18:44 PM

theminingpools.com is offline completely now and was not working for the past few weeks. I tried to mine 1CR as an exploratory coin at the multicoinpool and it didn't ever pay me anything. I will try this again, and hope that it works now. Can you confirm that it actually works?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: