Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:33:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reports: Scorpions drummer jailed in Dubai  (Read 464 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:49:26 PM

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Newspapers in the United Arab Emirates are reporting that the American drummer for the rock band Scorpions has been sentenced to one month in jail after being convicted of offensive behavior in Dubai.

The government-backed National newspaper reported Tuesday that James Kottak was convicted of insulting Islam, raising his middle finger, and being under the influence of alcohol while in transit at Dubai airport.

The Gulf News daily says he was arrested April 3 en route from Russia to Bahrain, where the German band was scheduled to perform at a Formula One race. Kottak was a no-show at the April 5 concert.

The newspapers say Kottak admitted to drinking but denied other charges.

The Scorpions' manager did not respond to requests for comment. Kottak's local lawyer couldn't immediately be reached.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25378179/reports-scorpions-drummer-jailed-in-dubai

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strange. And I thought being on drugs, alcohol and raising the middle finger all the time were part of Rock & Roll!!!!!!!!!

LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 10:16:39 PM

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Newspapers in the United Arab Emirates are reporting that the American drummer for the rock band Scorpions has been sentenced to one month in jail after being convicted of offensive behavior in Dubai.

The government-backed National newspaper reported Tuesday that James Kottak was convicted of insulting Islam, raising his middle finger, and being under the influence of alcohol while in transit at Dubai airport.

The Gulf News daily says he was arrested April 3 en route from Russia to Bahrain, where the German band was scheduled to perform at a Formula One race. Kottak was a no-show at the April 5 concert.

The newspapers say Kottak admitted to drinking but denied other charges.

The Scorpions' manager did not respond to requests for comment. Kottak's local lawyer couldn't immediately be reached.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25378179/reports-scorpions-drummer-jailed-in-dubai

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strange. And I thought being on drugs, alcohol and raising the middle finger all the time were part of Rock & Roll!!!!!!!!!

Convicted of "Insulting Islam."

I do not know why anyone would go to any country ruled by a Muslim theocracy.

Those people are nutz!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:09:42 AM

Don't worry too much. He will be out in a few days. If you have money, and if you are willing to spend a part of it, then the laws doesn't apply to you in the United Arab Emirates. You can even murder anyone and walkout by just paying the blood-money. The harsh punishments are reserved for the South Asian and Filipino slave labor, and not for the Europeans and the Arabs.
Huangww

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:23:40 AM

one month
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:33:59 AM

Sort of a bizarre story.  Did he get to drunk and just start lashing out at people?  I can't wait to learn more about the facts.
altseeker

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:23:33 AM

Offensive governments throwing a tantrum when someone does something they don't like. Not really news. It happens all the time. I'm surprised they didn't sentence him to a year.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:32:17 AM

You can even murder anyone and walkout by just paying the blood-money. The harsh punishments are reserved for the South Asian and Filipino slave labor, and not for the Europeans and the Arabs.
I've heard the same things. In fact, I've never heard of anything good contributed from the region for the last thousand years. I cringe when my Filipino friends go there to work.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:54:46 AM

I've heard the same things. In fact, I've never heard of anything good contributed from the region for the last thousand years. I cringe when my Filipino friends go there to work.

I have asked this question many many times.... what would the Arabs have done, if there was no petroleum in their country? Yes. You are right. Nothing good came out from that region for the last one millennium. And nothing will come out for the next one millennium as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: