Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you holding or trading for short term profits?  (Read 662 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:14:01 PM

Right now, the price may go down or go up (nothing is definite in the bitcoin world).  Are you guys currently holding or just trying to earn a few bucks by day trading (bitfinex etc).
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

Holding at this point. Feels too insecure to short and/or buy, I smell bottom not so far away but the reversal is unclear.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

In 2021 (10yrs since my first buy) I'll re-evaluate my holding stance. In the meantime, as has been the case for years, boom and bust phases alike, holding is the clear play unless something important on the technical level changes. Or unless you you're arrogant enough to assume you have an edge at day-trading.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:32:04 PM

HODLing
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:34:08 PM

There is too little volume to trade now and my trading accounts are now 1/6 of the size that they were 3 months ago. The rest of the funds are either in cold storage or in a bank account or stock/forex brokerage account. I am deciding to part even with this final 1/6 because bitcoin trading is too taxing on my mind. I haven't decided yet exactly how I'm going to split it into cash and coins, and of course waiting for the bottom of this latest drop helps get me more of both.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:43:00 PM

Always trading! Holding is boring to me. I trade for the game more than anything. I have BTC, but it's fun for me.

~Mr.Arrogance Tongue

Or unless you you're arrogant enough to assume you have an edge at day-trading.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:55:51 PM

In 2021 (10yrs since my first buy) I'll re-evaluate my holding stance. In the meantime, as has been the case for years, boom and bust phases alike, holding is the clear play unless something important on the technical level changes. Or unless you you're arrogant enough to assume you have an edge at day-trading.
I do think so, actually.

Holding till 1k+, then selling according to the SSS plan. Anything I sell I will use to buy back if the price drops below the sell point. In this way I am guaranteed some extra profit without having to worry about timing tops and bottoms. Worst case scenario, the price goes up and never drops back down.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:13:34 PM

I do think so, actually.

Holding till 1k+, then selling according to the SSS plan. Anything I sell I will use to buy back if the price drops below the sell point. In this way I am guaranteed some extra profit without having to worry about timing tops and bottoms. Worst case scenario, the price goes up and never drops back down.

+1, sell into a rally marking your sell points, then buyback when the price goes below those. Not exactly daytrading, more like mid-term speculation, but so far it was as easy as taking candy from daytraders. just have to understand when the rally starts. Good indication is passing previous ATHs daily.

i am satoshi
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:20:43 PM

I sold low against my will  Sad I had an emergency ... so I supposed to try to spread the FUD and hoping to buy back low ... but man that's not my personality ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:50:49 PM

I think I will do a bit of both in the coming day.  Will hold some and trade a little, emphasis on a little.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: