Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI  (Read 40734 times)
BitKoot

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:04:40 PM

You did beat me into it, but then again you are simply capturing the deamon command window output.

I was diving into making a native wallet while chatting with othe all along. I had to find out the hard way that several parts of the cryptonote code that are included aren't usable in c++/clr wrapping. I managed to build it and use a simple c++ gui and call the deamon functions directly. To get this far i did spend 15 hours of researching, learning, error solving, etc...

Next i was learning Qt and managed to build some coin wallets for linux, windows and mac. I was trying to use an existing coin frontend and rewrite the middle code.

Now i feel sad about continueing, i don't want it to be a race.

Still you'r solution does not has my recommendations, thru i even considered it to do it that way. Then i would had had a wallet past week Wink

Please don't loose your enthusiasm over this. As others have pointed out it is not a race. On top of that it is best to have multiple wallets with different implementations. There should not be a single wallet/implementation (single point of failure).

I totaly agree with you that the current solution is not something you want to keep in the long run. I tried and would have prefered to use the RPC API, but it is not complete enough to build a usable wallet at this moment. As there are a lot of people asking for a GUI I started creating the wallet with the idea to get it functional quickly, with the option to make use of the RPC API later on when it is available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:40:28 PM

You did beat me into it, but then again you are simply capturing the deamon command window output.

I was diving into making a native wallet while chatting with othe all along. I had to find out the hard way that several parts of the cryptonote code that are included aren't usable in c++/clr wrapping. I managed to build it and use a simple c++ gui and call the deamon functions directly. To get this far i did spend 15 hours of researching, learning, error solving, etc...

Next i was learning Qt and managed to build some coin wallets for linux, windows and mac. I was trying to use an existing coin frontend and rewrite the middle code.

Now i feel sad about continueing, i don't want it to be a race.

Still you'r solution does not has my recommendations, thru i even considered it to do it that way. Then i would had had a wallet past week Wink

Please don't loose your enthusiasm over this. As others have pointed out it is not a race. On top of that it is best to have multiple wallets with different implementations. There should not be a single wallet/implementation (single point of failure).

I totaly agree with you that the current solution is not something you want to keep in the long run. I tried and would have prefered to use the RPC API, but it is not complete enough to build a usable wallet at this moment. As there are a lot of people asking for a GUI I started creating the wallet with the idea to get it functional quickly, with the option to make use of the RPC API later on when it is available.

I agree. Please keep on working towards your goal. This is deeply needed and you'll be rewarded for it. I've been reading some old threads about bitcoin and one of the fundamental criticism was the fact it wasnt userfriendly at all :

adress easy to use
beautiful and clean software (i suggest you inspire yourself from the theme of exchange.to : its clean and simple)
integrate every security step that the user has to make to secure his coins within the wallet (many people lost their BTC because of it)
a way to send messages

So much work need to be done, we need more people like you who thinks long term.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 01:57:50 AM

Giving it a try. have wallet up and synched. started solo mining.  .net UI for wallet is nice way to logs stream by

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Jojatekok

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:00:52 AM

I am also going to work on a wallet GUI in .NET, but based on Bitcoin-Qt Wink

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
BitKoot

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:51:39 PM

I have added simpleminer support.

You can now launch simpleminer instances from the 'Mining' tab:

Features:
- A list of currently available pools (you can enter a custom address if the pool of your choice is not listed).
- Enters your address as default pool login
- Default password (does not seem to be used in any of the pools)
- By default automaticly sets the number of mining thread to the number of logical cores
- You can choose to show or hide the miner windows

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip
SolarFox

Activity: 259

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:18:25 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 10:30:31 PM by SolarFox

Is it possible to mine direct to Poloniex deposit addres?
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:37:54 PM

Is it possible to mine direct to Poloniex deposit addres?
not AFAIK. You have to send the transaction with your account's Payment ID because all deposits go to one address.

Maybe you could mine the block with a Payment ID in the generation transaction?

Or the GUI could automatically send a transaction after your MRO is unlocked. But then, what's the point?
rhkazani1

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:03:07 PM

I don't know if (part of) the bounty is open for everyone, but I have created a .NET based wallet. I started trying to use the RPC API of the daemon and simplewallet, but there are some large gaps in functionality covered by the API functions.

That is why I have create a wrapper around bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe (filenames configurable in config file). It works by launching the simplewallet and daemon in the background and reading output and writing output to those processes. It should be relativly save, because it uses the widly used standard simplewallet and daemon.

It's targeted at windows, although it might be possible to port to Mono.NET (I have no experience with that). It should work with any of the bytecoin forks, but I have tested it with Monero.

Downloads
The source can be found here: https://github.com/BitKoot/CryptoNoteWallet
Windows binaries: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip

Features
- Open wallets with *.bin or *.wallet extension (configurable in config file)
- Create new wallets
- Backup wallet on launch
- Show balance (locked and unlocked), refreshed every 10 second (configurable in config file)
- Show wallet address
- Copy wallet address to clipboard
- Transfer coins
- Show logging from wallet and daemon
- Saved wallet and daemon on exit

Usage
- You will need to have .net 4.5 installed.
- BE CAREFUL! This is new software, and not widly tested.
- Place the compiled or downloaded files in the same folder as your wallet.
- Open CryptoNoteWallet.exe.
- Select your wallet and click 'open', or create a new wallet by clicking 'new'.
- Wait for the status (in the lower left corner) to say 'Ready' and view your address and balance and transfer money.
- When you sent money, it is best to wait a while to make sure the transaction is propagated through the network. You are safe once the 'unconfirmed' and 'total' balance are equal again.
- When you want to exit, give the program some time to start properly first (until the status is 'Ready') that way everything will exit in a clean way when the program is closed.

Things which could be added in the feature:
- Show number of connected peers in taskbar
- Show list of past transactions
- Handle daemon with more grace (it tends to hang when you try to exit right after the application starts).

Screenshots

If you run into any problems let me know Smiley

I get this error:

Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.

And in the status bar it says: cannot connect to Daemon?

Please advise?
SolarFox

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:09:18 AM

You can now launch simpleminer instances from the 'Mining' tab:

Features:
- A list of currently available pools (you can enter a custom address if the pool of your choice is not listed).
- Enters your address as default pool login
- Default password (does not seem to be used in any of the pools)
- By default automaticly sets the number of mining thread to the number of logical cores
- You can choose to show or hide the miner windows

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip

aaaa Where to input Payment ID: from Poloniex?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:03:34 AM

Please add support for the built in miner (start_mining and stop_mining commands in the cli wallet).

Many people who are not serious miners and don't want to figure out how to configure a pool can still solo mine in the regular wallet and help decentralize the network if it is as ease as a checkbox to turn on and off, with free coins occasionally being dropped into their wallet if they get lucky. A very successful coin could have millions of people doing this. This was Satoshi's original vision and unfortunately got lost in bitcoin but we can bring it back here. It is a game changer.
Jojatekok

Activity: 264

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:17:39 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 05:23:40 PM by Jojatekok

Please add support for the built in miner (start_mining and stop_mining commands in the cli wallet).

Many people who are not serious miners and don't want to figure out how to configure a pool can still solo mine in the regular wallet and help decentralize the network if it is as ease as a checkbox to turn on and off, with free coins occasionally being dropped into their wallet if they get lucky. A very successful coin could have millions of people doing this. This was Satoshi's original vision and unfortunately got lost in bitcoin but we can bring it back here. It is a game changer.

I am working on a version which will look more like the official Bitcoin wallet, and the GUI functions could easily be expanded.

Although, I am going on holiday tomorrow till sunday, but expect it to be revealed in some weeks. Wink I may also post some screenshots soon Smiley

EDIT: Here is a quick teaser of the design itself, as the program currently works with the daemon only (wallet functionality is not yet implemented). As I have already said, I'll be working on this very hard from the weekend, and further development should take less and less time because of the flexible build-up I am using. I already have the ideas of what to add in the future, and it should end up being - at least - as comfortable as Bitcoin Core in the end.

It could also easily be rewritten when it's time for using a well-built RPC API.

https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client
I will make the binaries available once the GUI supports wallet methods.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
BitKoot

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:16:25 PM

I get this error:

Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.

Please advise?

Could you send me the text in the 'Deamon Log' tab? Or even better, the complete bitmonerod.log file?

From your description alone I can not determine what went wrong.

aaaa Where to input Payment ID: from Poloniex?

I'll look into adding the possibility to include a payment id. Thanks for the heads up.
rfcdejong

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:00:12 PM

I am working on a version which will look more like the official Bitcoin wallet, and the GUI functions could easily be expanded.

Although, I am going on holiday tomorrow till sunday, but expect it to be revealed in some weeks. Wink I may also post some screenshots soon Smiley

EDIT: Here is a quick teaser of the design itself, as the program currently works with the daemon only (wallet functionality is not yet implemented). As I have already said, I'll be working on this very hard from the weekend, and further development should take less and less time because of the flexible build-up I am using. I already have the ideas of what to add in the future, and it should end up being - at least - as comfortable as Bitcoin Core in the end.

It could also easily be rewritten when it's time for using a well-built RPC API.

https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client
I will make the binaries available once the GUI supports wallet methods.

Eh... that one is windows only as well, what happened with multi platform?
BitKoot

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:16:02 PM

Your wish... Tongue

Update (download):
- Payment ID can be entered in transfer tab.
- 'Send' button in transfer tab is not enabled while the GUI waits for confirmation or error from the wallet client.
- Solo mining support added.

Eh... that one is windows only as well, what happened with multi platform?

I must sadly say the linux/mac implementation will not come from me in the near future. I have put considarable effort in porting my .NET wallet to use GTK#. I got the program running on Ubuntu, but developping the GUI for GTK# (using monodevelop) was so clunky (crashes of the IDE, combined with corruption of the designer files) I decided to put my plans to port the program to mono/gtk# on hold for now.

The core of my implementation can run on mono without any modification. If someone would like to implement a different GUI which runs on linux and/or mac, I will be happy to assist.
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:41:08 AM

Boolberry devs are also going to make a GUI for Cryptonote. A simple base GUI in 1-2 weeks and a "Nice GUI" in 1-2 months. https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/wiki/Roadmap
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:54:03 AM

I get this error:

Please advise?

Could you send me the text in the 'Deamon Log' tab? Or even better, the complete bitmonerod.log file?

From your description alone I can not determine what went wrong.

[wallet 45MyRL]: Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.
[wallet 45MyRL]: No incoming transfers
[wallet 45MyRL]: Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.
Rnbin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:40:39 AM

can we mine directly to an exchange wallet ?
SolarFox

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:59:27 AM

can we mine directly to an exchange wallet ?

No

You need Payment ID to be send with your transaction. Read more about this on main thread.
BitKoot

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:31:17 PM

This seems to be the ouput of the wallet client, not the daemon. Could you post the output of the daemon (or at least the beginning)? I think the daemon fails to start for some reason.
naimc3243

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:37:09 PM

With the newest version I still get stuck at Address : Initializing.

https://i.imgur.com/XpSvzoN.png

I have loaded a wallet.bin that was created and still works with Simplewallet.exe
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: