Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:30:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI  (Read 40734 times)
dawie

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

BTC for a better world

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:33:29 PM

I can do a Greek and Afrikaans translation if needed.

Edit: I see the Greek translation is 98% complete

Afrikaans would be awesome.
"Dit sal lekker wees om Monero in Afrikaans te versperei"   Smiley

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

Thanks  Smiley my translation works fine  Roll Eyes but now i got crash:

I just ran it and left for 5 minutes, when i came i saw this  Smiley

Interesting... It's an issue with the RPC service for sure, so only DaemonManager can be affected.

I'll run the application in debug mode while I take a break, so I may be able to reproduce the symptom. Anyway, this is the most stable release yet, so it's recommended for anyone who uses my wallet.

A can not keep up with you Jojatekok Smiley. But very nice to see the progress you are making!

I plan on keeping my wallet as simple and stable as possible. I would like to remind people my wallet runs on linux as well (using mono). For a full featured and slik Windows wallet Jojatekoks wallet is definatly the best choice.

I have made some adjustments to polish my wallet: Download v0.2.3
-About dialog added (shows software versions and block height).
-Changed icon (to the one from the branding kit).
-Non-main windows don't show in taskbar any longer.

(versions numbers in the screenshot are wrong, this has already been fixed in the download)

Thank you for mentioning my Client, it is a pleasure for me. I have to admit that the initial inspiration for me was your WinForms project, and it also seems like a viable multiplatform alternative for an official wallet GUI. It fills me with happiness and joy to meet awesome people like everyone here. We will definitely take Monero to the Moon! Wink

What you are surely doing is very important for Monero Smiley
Anyone have some feedback/critiques for the new version?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Jojatekok

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:44:35 PM

Thanks  Smiley my translation works fine  Roll Eyes but now i got crash:

I just ran it and left for 5 minutes, when i came i saw this  Smiley

I have been running Monero Client for an hour, but didn't experience one single crash. I also checked the code, but nothing should go wrong. May I ask whether you ran simultaneous instances of bitmonerod.exe or the Client itself? If not, then next time when encountering the issue, please send me more details about it, preferably the stack trace (which identifies the lines of code that are involved in the case). Thanks! Smiley

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
TheNobodies

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:05:44 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 04:37:26 PM by TheNobodies

May I ask whether you ran simultaneous instances of bitmonerod.exe or the Client itself

No, i dont ran simultaneous instances of bitmonerod.exe

But now i got crash again.. can you try run with russian language?

Btw i use windows 7 x64

Code:
Problem signature: 
   Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
   Problem signature 01: moneroclient.exe
   Problem signature 02: 0.26.0.0
   Problem signature 03: 53aec043
   Problem signature 04: System
   Problem signature 05: 4.0.30319.19408
   Problem signature 06: 5230e82b
   Problem signature 07: 21b0
   Problem signature 08: 61
   Problem signature 09: System.Net.WebException
   OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
   Language Code: 1049
   Additional Information 1: d5db
   2 For more information: d5db7e396c31d0ed0a5a621b8c888cfd
   Additional Information 3: c25b
   Additional Information 4: c25b858394d9f8a58a87e12ed0823b42

Read our privacy statement online:
   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0419

If the privacy statement on the Internet is not available, check with his local version:
   C: \ Windows \ system32 \ ru-RU \ erofflps.txt

http://savepic.org/5756266.jpg

EDIT: i tested it with english language - same problem. i can show in teamviewer, but tomorrow, now time to sleep  Tongue

EDIT 2: stable crashes after 10-15 minutes, i cannot run it under debugger because i dont know how to work with dotnet  Sad

EDIT 3: it works on my windows server without crashes, so it is problem in my pc.
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:09:36 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 05:56:10 PM by Jojatekok

May I ask whether you ran simultaneous instances of bitmonerod.exe or the Client itself

No, i dont ran simultaneous instances of bitmonerod.exe

But now i got crash again.. can you try run with russian language?

Btw i use windows 7 x64

Code:
Problem signature: 
   Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
   Problem signature 01: moneroclient.exe
   Problem signature 02: 0.26.0.0
   Problem signature 03: 53aec043
   Problem signature 04: System
   Problem signature 05: 4.0.30319.19408
   Problem signature 06: 5230e82b
   Problem signature 07: 21b0
   Problem signature 08: 61
   Problem signature 09: System.Net.WebException
   OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
   Language Code: 1049
   Additional Information 1: d5db
   2 For more information: d5db7e396c31d0ed0a5a621b8c888cfd
   Additional Information 3: c25b
   Additional Information 4: c25b858394d9f8a58a87e12ed0823b42

Read our privacy statement online:
   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0419

If the privacy statement on the Internet is not available, check with his local version:
   C: \ Windows \ system32 \ ru-RU \ erofflps.txt

EDIT: i tested it with english language - same problem. i can show in teamviewer, but tomorrow, now time to sleep  Tongue

EDIT 2: stable crashes after 10-15 minutes, i cannot run it under debugger because i dont know how to work with dotnet  Sad

EDIT 3: it works on my windows server without crashes, so it is problem in my pc.

I have sent you a debug build in PM, please try using it on your PC, and send me the crash reports you get. (Please take note that the file 'C:\_MoneroDump.txt' is not being appended to, but overwritten by each new crash dump, so rename the file after each crash!)

By the way, on your screenshot, Monero Client seems to consume more RAM than it should (actually, even after a lot of QR code generation and in debug mode, it consumes only 50 MB for me).

EDIT: There is a chance that the next version will contain something which I have not seen in any other wallets yet Wink

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
heslo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:04:03 AM

I too am getting the same crashes... worked fine in 0.24, but 0.25 and 0.26 both crash within a few minutes of launching the app. How can I help?
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:00:11 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 06:19:49 AM by Jojatekok

I too am getting the same crashes... worked fine in 0.24, but 0.25 and 0.26 both crash within a few minutes of launching the app. How can I help?

I'll look into the case, and try to write a general debugging algorithm which exports crash logs to '\CrashLogs.txt'. Version 0.25.0 featured a core change, so it's definitely possible that it could be a reason.

Yesterday, I was running Monero Client all night long, but didn't encounter the bug... Sad

EDIT: The mechanism has been successfully implemented and tested (it catches all the bugs), so it is going to be deployed in the next version.

Code:
heslo

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:25:43 AM

Not a problem mate, we appreciate all the effort you're putting into this. If we can help in any way, we will Smiley
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:32:43 AM

Is it mandatory that it be done in python?
seems like the wrong tool for the job

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:06:17 AM

Is it mandatory that it be done in python?
seems like the wrong tool for the job

wut. the three that are closest to being done are in c++, c#, and some mac shit, not python.
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:36:40 PM

No more secrets: Here is the feature I was talking about yesterday! The Backup Manager allows you to periodically back up your wallet data easily with the press of less than 5 buttons. By default, it uses your wallet backup directory (which can be set in the options), but you can also define a custom path when creating new files.

Restoring backups has never been easier: You only have to select a date (or a custom path), and then press a button. The new wallet gets loaded immediately without the need for the application to be restarted. Smiley

Please be patient, great things need time to be made! Wink

Code:
neozaru

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

No more secrets: Here is the feature I was talking about yesterday! The Backup Manager allows you to periodically back up your wallet data easily with the press of less than 5 buttons. By default, it uses your wallet backup directory (which can be set in the options), but you can also define a custom path when creating new files.

Restoring backups has never been easier: You only have to select a date (or a custom path), and then press a button. The new wallet gets loaded immediately without the need for the application to be restarted. Smiley

You have added very nice features in your wallet, but I don't see the point for this one :

- If you are backuping ".keys" files, you should add a warning message because this file NEEDS to be kept secret and deleted if the computer is sold/given to another person. I think you should use electrum-like seeds instead.
- For data files, they are regenerated automatically (blockchain scanning) if they are deleted. What is the use case of a backup ?

However if this feature allows wallets to be saved differently (without .keys/data file), that could be a good idea because current formats are not UNIX <--> Windows compatibles.
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:38:53 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 04:05:26 PM by Jojatekok

You have added very nice features in your wallet, but I don't see the point for this one :

- If you are backuping ".keys" files, you should add a warning message because this file NEEDS to be kept secret and deleted if the computer is sold/given to another person. I think you should use electrum-like seeds instead.
- For data files, they are regenerated automatically (blockchain scanning) if they are deleted. What is the use case of a backup ?

However if this feature allows wallets to be saved differently (without .keys/data file), that could be a good idea because current formats are not UNIX <--> Windows compatibles.

At this time, it saves and then restores every file stored in '\WalletData' to '\WalletData\Backups' by default. It allows the user to easily restore the wallet whether something goes wrong (file corruption for example), without the need to re-synchronize the wallet itself. Naturally, a future release will include electrum seed backup opportunities too. Wink

EDIT: This message will be shown before each backup:

Also - based on your kind advices - I'll add a similar warning dialog before enabling auto-backup, and have already added a placeholder button for restoring wallet data from an electrum-like seed.

Code:
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:58:23 PM

At this time, it saves and then restores every file stored in '\WalletData' to '\WalletData\Backups' by default. It allows the user to easily restore the wallet whether something goes wrong (file corruption for example), without the need to re-synchronize the wallet itself. Naturally, a future release will include electrum seed backup opportunities too. Wink

Nice work!
The more special/unique features the better, this sounds really good Smiley

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:20:00 PM

Monero Client v0.27.0 has been released!
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases/tag/v0.27.0

Another day, an other release! Smiley The immersive development of the Client continues with an unexpected feature: Backup Manager. It is a new solution for managing wallet backups easily without the need for any external tools. And this is only the basic functionality: many other fixes and improvements will be coming soon... Wink

Oh, and I finally implemented a crash report logging system which automagically appends each new unhandled exception to '\CrashLogs.txt'. If you experience any issues, please send that log to me if possible, it helps a lot.

For passionate people who would like to translate the Client, here is the link: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/monero-client/ Cheesy Thank you! Smiley

The only new bug I know about in this release is related to the newly added feature, and doesn't do any "real harm": The backup manager's restore application method doesn't reset simplewallet.exe's arguments, thus, if a new wallet has been created during the Client's startup, old wallets cannot be restored - but only in that session.

Code:
matrix961

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:53:24 PM

Another day, an other release! Smiley The immersive development of the Client continues with an unexpected feature: Backup Manager. It is a new solution for managing wallet backups easily without the need for any external tools. And this is only the basic functionality: many other fixes and improvements will be coming soon... Wink

Oh, and I finally implemented a crash report logging system which automagically appends each new unhandled exception to '\CrashLogs.txt'. If you experience any issues, please send that log to me if possible, it helps a lot.

For passionate people who would like to translate the Client, here is the link: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/monero-client/ Cheesy Thank you! Smiley

The only new bug I know about in this release is related to the newly added feature, and doesn't do any "real harm": The backup manager's restore application method doesn't reset simplewallet.exe's arguments, thus, if a new wallet has been created during the Client's startup, old wallets cannot be restored - but only in that session.

I started having crashing on start up during sync with version .26. It's doing the same thing in this version, below is the only thing in the CrashLogs.txt. I didn't experience this in testing before .26. I started it up again and it finished syncing without issue. Then it crashed again (Same Error as below) just sitting there with no other transactions coming in. I like how the transaction notifications popup as they come in now tho. You really seem to be moving everything along at a fast pace now, keep up the great work Smiley

CrashLogs.txt:
The operation has timed out
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Helper.GetResponseString(HttpWebRequest request)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.RpcManagers.RpcWebClient.HttpGetData[T](RpcPortType portType, String command)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
heslo

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:13:23 AM

0.27 still crashing for me Sad Here's the crashlog....

The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.RpcManagers.RpcWebClient.HttpGetData[T](RpcPortType portType, String command)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:05:33 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 06:23:19 AM by Jojatekok

I started having crashing on start up during sync with version .26. It's doing the same thing in this version, below is the only thing in the CrashLogs.txt. I didn't experience this in testing before .26. I started it up again and it finished syncing without issue. Then it crashed again (Same Error as below) just sitting there with no other transactions coming in. I like how the transaction notifications popup as they come in now tho. You really seem to be moving everything along at a fast pace now, keep up the great work Smiley

CrashLogs.txt:
The operation has timed out

0.27 still crashing for me Sad

Thank you for the crash logs! I finally have an idea why it happens (2 or 3 minutes) after startup: One of the recent versions introduced automatic blockchain saving through the RPC every 2 minutes, and that can take more than 30 seconds (which is the WebRequest timeout I was using). I have set the timeout to Timeout.Infinite, as local requests may take any seconds. The reason why I didn't encounter this issue is that I am using an SSD, thus, my read/write times are faster than in the case of HDDs. (Probably, that's the reason behind TheNobodies' server being able to handle the situation without crashing.)

Also, I made the blockchain save only every 5 minutes instead of 2, but the wallet will still save every 2 minutes (as that's a lightweight operation compared to storing the blockchain).

EDIT: The new version will also feature better Timer handling. Instead of waiting for a pre-defined interval (see above on the graphics), requests are going to be finished before (see below).

The 't's are the Timer's interval

Code:
neozaru

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:46:34 AM

Thank you for the crash logs! I finally have an idea why it happens (2 or 3 minutes) after startup: One of the recent versions introduced automatic blockchain saving through the RPC every 2 minutes, and that can take more than 30 seconds (which is the WebRequest timeout I was using). I have set the timeout to Timeout.Infinite, as local requests may take any seconds. The reason why I didn't encounter this issue is that I am using an SSD, thus, my read/write times are faster than in the case of HDDs. (Probably, that's the reason behind TheNobodies' server being able to handle the situation without crashing.)

Also, I made the blockchain save only every 5 minutes instead of 2, but the wallet will still save every 2 minutes (as that's a lightweight operation compared to storing the blockchain).

Don't spend too much time on it. This feature will probably be fixed or removed soon.

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/issues/50
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:04:34 AM

Don't spend too much time on it. This feature will probably be fixed or removed soon.

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/issues/50

It has already been resolved. The second picture is just a new feature for Timers, and it has been implemented too. By the way, the reason I don't yet use simplewallet is that rpcwallet is coming soon, and simplewallet's RPC functionality is not as extensive as the one in command line.

EDIT: I forgot to ask: How is your Qt project going? Wink What about the special wallet implementation? Shocked

Code:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: