Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:37:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Completely decentralized and anonymous marketplace  (Read 17013 times)
bitXbay (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

I'm not exactly high level techy, so I avoid downloading anything unverified unless I have a sandbox VM or laptop to play with and unfortunately I don't have the time to try it at this point.

I'd love to list some of my coins on here when I get a chance though Smiley

www.anarcoins.com

Pleased to hear. Sorry while my trust rating near zero. All I can suggest is to install a virtual machine, or if there are certain skills to dig into the source code. Most of the files are the same as in bitmessage, basically changed __ init__.py file in the folder bitmessageqt almost all of the code in my program it. By the way awesome coins  Smiley.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:07:52 PM

Is there any PHP-MySQL version of your project ?

bitXbay (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:38:53 PM

Is there any PHP-MySQL version of your project ?
No. Sorry. The fact that any server version kills the idea of decentralization. In web way owner of site or server will be the mediator, it can control your network or how that intercept keys. But if someone wants to do is not so difficult.
It is only client for windows or may be you can run it at linux. For windows xp you need to install python2.7. For windows 7 and windows 8 just extract.
bitXbay (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:31:19 PM

I updated exe and added vmware image.
The main change, now you do not need to wait when whole blockchain downloaded. You can turn on this option at first start or set "Get TXs from blockchain.info".
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:36:37 AM

I made a peer to peer client for decentralized trade. And it seems he is still the first and only of its kind.
 For those who are afraid of malicious software, you can download vmware image. It contains WinXP, BitXBay client and the whole blockchain, so you can immediately start trading. For run vmware image you need free vmware player.
 BitXBay v.1.1.4 vmware image.
 And you can download exe:
  with bitcoin files without blockchain.
 Or sources(you need python 2.7 and pyqt for run it):
 BitXBay sources on github
Now in detail.
 This is not the first application what claims to be a decentralized marketplace. But all other known development is based on servers, and should still need admin. If admin and 1 of 2 sides it is one person they can steal your money.
In other "decentralized" platforms  admin or moderator can always remove your goods or service. Besides, if he loses access or die you will lose money and platform can`t work.
 Why is my trading platform is fully decentralized and anonymous?
 Base is the bitmessage network .
 All transactions are in the form of escrow with multisig 2-2. For each transaction creates 3 ​​multisig address. One for the primary and two for the payment of insurance.
 When a customer starts a transaction, he first takes 5% of the amount to one of the addresses. After the seller saw that the money transferred to multisig address, he also takes 5% of the amount in the second of three addresses. Only after that the buyer transfers 100% of the third multisig address. Each side has only one key from each address, but you need both to send money from it.
This means that if the deal is not completed, the seller will lose his own money and money for goods. But the buyer is not able to get back the money and lose money too.
If the buyer is satisfied with the deal, and want to get their 5% back he should sign the deal. 5% insurance payment  just returned to buyer and seller if the deal is completed successfully. Insurance payment from merchant need to avoid cases of extortion. This makes it just not profitable. At the same time, the buyer insurance payment stimulates him to sign a deal if he is satisfied with the product or service.
Since this is the first version and I just finished it. It may be a problem with security. By this, I cut all trade functions except the escrow deal.
 What makes this version:
 Creating an escrow deal, signing a deal or cancel. Anonymous communication and few wallet functions.
You can test the security. Client works through bitcoin-qt.
 You can control your wallet with bitcoin-qt what running with BitXBay client.
 The blockchain in the folder btc \ block. Btc folder should be there where you unpack BitXBay.
 Please post here security bugs if you found.
 Theoretically, BitXBay resisted to spam, flooding, unscrupulous sellers, government bans and the main developer elimination.
 All in open source and you can modify BitXBay how you want.

---------------------------------------
Update June 10, 2014

The first fully working version is ready. Of course this is unverified alfa version. But you can use it at your own risk on a virtual machine or on a real if you not afraid. All problems can be solved in bitcoin-qt console. If necessary, write here, I will explain how to solve the problem via the console and try to fix the possible bug in the program.

BitXBay binaries

BitXBay sources on github

Now briefly about the functionality.
The program runs over the bitmessage network . This is anonymous decentralized network to transmit messages. It is used to send the keys, transaction ids, communication and offer placement.
Anyone can place an ad on the special channel and this everyone can see it via bitxbay client. It can not be Moderated or rejected. Of course, this making the danger of spam or flood. Can also be placed unserious proposals.  To solve these problems, I created a special filter.  All works very simply. Each message is signed with your bitcoin address.
There are  2 my bitcoin address . Filter checks all transfers to these two addresses using downloaded bitcoin blockchain and creates a list of addresses from which the transfers  to these two addresses . Thus filter organizes ad so that the top of the list are always the ones that have payed more, but you can also find those ads that have moved a negligible amount. They will be displayed below. Just soon will be created filters by category and country. And also search through all the ads . Categories can created by everyone . Category will also have points depending on the sum of points of all the ads in them outside to avoid useless clone categories.
The first thing you should pay attention to this tab decentralized trade. Here you can see all ads posted by sellers. In this version, you can see them only when fully load blockchain. It is created to maximize the reliability and anonymity. But in the next version I plan to make a simplified system to avoid having to download the entire chain of blocks.
I guess that the first time will probably not classified ads. And if it will be of poor quality, as it is the first version and it still is present many flaws. But if I can gather so at least some money that I will have more interest in the development and perhaps finances to pay for third-party developers, which greatly improve the program.
You can easily buy any product using escrow. You just have to click on a link "buy" you will be redirected to another tab and can create an escrow transaction. Be careful and do not go to any persuasions seller to confirm the deal until you get and do not check the goods. Just to buy something you have to have 105% of the 5% goods cost an insurance premium, which is returned to you if the transaction is successful, the seller also makes 5% of the transaction amount.
So you can easily contact the seller using anonymous bitmessage(in messaging tab or just click contact).
I hope that such a combo of anonymous and decentralized services will create a new generation trading platform.
Now the program is slow and you have to download the whole chain of blocks, and it takes a lot of disk space and may take several days.
Source code is available to everyone, and I cant control system. But the idea is that the person who paid more to his ad was higher probably a good seller, it is further guaranteed via escrow system.
Escrow without intermediaries has its drawbacks, but guarantees the declared value of the goods and the proper execution of the order. But most importantly, no one can get your money, as in the case of escrow through an intermediary, the intermediary can tricky to reach agreement with the seller and get your money. Of the minuses if the seller or the buyer loses control of the purse, the deal is likely to be disrupted.
If you want to test sell functions don't close bitxbay about 1 hour or more after place offer.  It is best not to turn off the client as long as possible after any actions. Apologies for the inconvenience, but I did not have time to do the necessary good multithreading and windows warnings. In the near future I will try to improve usability.
If the escrow deal is completed but you do not see the money start bitcoin-qt with "-rescan -datadir=%directory btc in bitxbay folder%" or just wait few days.
Sometimes message, sent a very long time, in this case, the only method is to simply wait until the client will handle all. May be more then one day. This happens if someone on the network sends a large number of huge messages(about 400mb). And it's not a bug in my code and the problem in the source bitmessage. It can be resolved.
---------------------------------------------------------
Updated July 7, 2014
Added litemode. Now you dont need all blockchain for see items in trade board. If you set checkbox -"Get TXs form Blockchain.info"
Created vmware image with BitXBay and whole blockchain. You can download it form Piratebay.se
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10482199/BitXBayV1.1.4_-_vmware_image
It is a good project.
Just two questions:
- why not a Linux distribution instead of WinXP ?
- does it work on VirtualBox ?

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
bitXbay (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:51:18 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 12:35:48 PM by bitXbay

I made a peer to peer client for decentralized trade. And it seems he is still the first and only of its kind....
It is a good project.
Just two questions:
- why not a Linux distribution instead of WinXP ?
- does it work on VirtualBox ?
It seemed to me that WinXP easier for users, and the difference in size is minimal. If the question about exe yes of course work. A vmware image need to be converted (as written here), it's easier to run in the native vmware player.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:01:29 PM

This project is very, very interesting!
I like the simple, yet sane approach of "5% insurance". The simple solutions often are the best!
I am somewhat vary of playing with it on my main hardware, but hope to eventually give it a try.
You being anonymous doesn't help with trust. But then, 'veteran' accounts were hacked or sold before, so this would be a false feeling of security anyway.

Thank you for what you do, bitXbay!

Ente
rafa10

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:45:34 PM

@bitXbay ... Just one question... how d fuck do I install this shit?

You say at README file: "Simply copy the file "socks.py" to your Python's lib/site-packages directory,
and you're ready to go."

Firts there is no "socks.py" file anywhere... or am I blind?
Second where is this pythons directory at?? do I have to install python too?? which version?? how todo??

Shit... you put so much effort building the plataform couldnt you dedicade 10min to properly explain how to install this??

anyway I wish you success!!!
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:14:42 PM

The 5% concept is insanely good. I really like where this is going.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:45:09 PM

Wow!
I posted this on reddit, people are all over this like crazy!

bitXbay, get over here! :-)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ada0b/completely_decentralized_and_anonymous/

Ente
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 11:51:14 PM

Smiley hesitant to try it on my main machine, too.
Is there some video maybe, showing how it looks and works?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:08:29 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 12:19:56 AM by HostFat

Can you set the litemode by default?
It seems that it still need the Bitcoin-Qt at the first start.

If you have a Windows machine, you can try it with this: http://www.sandboxie.com

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:20:42 AM

Very interesting, please post some screenshots.
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:37:03 AM

give us a video demo and tutorial, thanks.

stacking coin
blacksmithtm

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:40:42 AM

To people who ask about screenshots or videos. Dont be lazy. He has a VMware link you can try it yourself. It shouldnt take long for you to set it up, try it out and post some screenies yourself.
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:27:54 AM

Dude you forgot to register the .com name. I've grabbed it and redirected it to this topic.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
wangxin

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:51:05 AM

Cool, I had download and i will test it.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:55:14 AM

How do you solve the problem of "who sends first"?

Once the 3 addresses are generated, someone has to send the coins first. If someone wants to fuck the system over, he simply let the other party send the coins first and then leave. The 5% are forever lost.

Rince and repeat.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:21:47 AM

Interesting but Bitmessage is broken. Can be attacked and spoofing nodes. POW too easy flooding the network is a breeze.
bitXbay (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:41:32 AM

Interesting but Bitmessage is broken. Can be attacked and spoofing nodes. POW too easy flooding the network is a breeze.
This is not big problem yet. I use it long time and all ok and small holes can be fixed. But I think about alternative way to send messages, may be namecoin network can be used?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: