Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:55:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Completely decentralized and anonymous marketplace  (Read 17013 times)
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:38:18 AM

Why don't the two peers (Buyer & Merchant) communicate what TXIDs they're going to use to spend, then, one party (Either one) can create a transaction using the two TXIDs and destinating in the 2-2 address, sign it, then send it to the other party. This way the other party can only cash in the other person's money if they also agree to cash in their money as well, otherwise, the transaction is invalid as it's missing signatures.

Seems like such a simple feature of Bitcoin you completely skipped over making this wholle project infinitely worse, as, I think we can all agree, we want a trustless system, currently, this system is highly trustful.

Case in point:- I just lost ~ $0.07 because the seller disappeared (Or went offline) after I had sent the 5% to the initial address, if you used my above system, I'd have either of never sent it, or, the seller would have also have just lost 5%.

EDIT:- And can you explain something else for me? Imagine this:-

1. Seller puts up sale for product
2. Buyer purchases, sends 5% to address, so does the seller, then buyer deposits 100%.
3. Seller refuses to give buyer anything

What happens now? Is there anything the buyer can do? The only way I can see the buyer of getting *any* of his money back is to authorize the transaction to receive 5% of his money back, otherwise, he's out 105%, rather than 100%. This could easily be used to extort people, especially if dealing with large amounts (Say I was buying something for $1,000, I'd rather have lost $1,000 than $1,050).

That's a good idea, even better than the original proposal.

Ente

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:41:01 AM

Dude you forgot to register the .com name. I've grabbed it and redirected it to this topic.
Thx, my main address now it is bitxbay .ws  and I have bitxbay.bit but did not have time for website yet. In a hurry to make a really light version, now the priority use of electrum as alternatives bitcoin-qt.
Just tell me where to transfer it to. My gift to you. Do you have a Namecheap?

Enjoy your +1 reputation, sir! :-)

Ente
DynamicDK

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:55:07 PM

Ali Amin wrote, and Coin Brief just published, a new article about BitXBay:  BitXBay – a Bitcoin-Based, Decentralized, Anonymous Market

Very interesting concept.  I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to trying it out  Grin

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:22:45 PM

Sorry, I have another question, when posting a post you have to send money to a 'position', can I ask who owns this address? And how my 'position' is calculated by the peers?

For an example of the 'central' addresses I see:-
https://blockchain.info/address/1FAvch92vioLKene4iu6wEjsPWdm67nGJK
https://blockchain.info/address/16mvEuRpiDSLM7febL4okhosNSz2ybRWfM

Who owns those address? What is it? It seems to be that everyone who submits an item pays them.

EDIT:- Was right, they're in the source:-

https://github.com/bitxbay/BitXBay/blob/245b0ff11e4944f8e6df636ac2039e6b1bbfae74/config.py

Are we paying you to use the software or what?

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:33:48 PM

Dude you forgot to register the .com name. I've grabbed it and redirected it to this topic.
Thx, my main address now it is bitxbay .ws  and I have bitxbay.bit but did not have time for website yet. In a hurry to make a really light version, now the priority use of electrum as alternatives bitcoin-qt.

You, sir, are awesome!

Ente
Eh. This gets us closer to the moon. We should always be helping each other out. We should be focused on screwing over the centralized services, not each other.

Thx, my main address now it is bitxbay .ws  and I have bitxbay.bit but did not have time for website yet. In a hurry to make a really light version, now the priority use of electrum as alternatives bitcoin-qt.

GREAT Thanks. I registered an account at Namecheap. Login - bitxbay  email - bitxbay@post.cz
PM me the Authorization Code code.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:02:41 PM

Ok so I use encrypted email and it works awesome. i2p is also interesting. Maybe trying fixing bitmessage and fork it.  Grin   ...my friend just said look at retroshare. We have about 3 protocols so far. Check back with us for ideas and if you come across anything please come back and let us know. No reason why we cant start to reach out to help other projects as time permits.
To easy make a alternative channel, there is should be something like a shared inbox. For main trade board. With bitmessage I use chan channel. I have not looking for yet. Perhaps something like chan exist in one of this 3 protocols.

Well maybe we stay in touch. BitHalo and BlackHalo can save you the trouble of escrow handling. That way you can focus on your market platform.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:06:06 PM

Ok so I use encrypted email and it works awesome. i2p is also interesting. Maybe trying fixing bitmessage and fork it.  Grin   ...my friend just said look at retroshare. We have about 3 protocols so far. Check back with us for ideas and if you come across anything please come back and let us know. No reason why we cant start to reach out to help other projects as time permits.
To easy make a alternative channel, there is should be something like a shared inbox. For main trade board. With bitmessage I use chan channel. I have not looking for yet. Perhaps something like chan exist in one of this 3 protocols.

Well maybe we stay in touch. BitHalo and BlackHalo can save you the trouble of escrow handling. That way you can focus on your market platform.

let multiple escrow handlers plug into the system and get ratings.  that way is more decentralized anyway.

bitXbay (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:34:40 AM

Sorry, I have another question, when posting a post you have to send money to a 'position', can I ask who owns this address? And how my 'position' is calculated by the peers?

Who owns those address? What is it? It seems to be that everyone who submits an item pays them.

https://github.com/bitxbay/BitXBay/blob/245b0ff11e4944f8e6df636ac2039e6b1bbfae74/config.py

Yes it is my addresses. Just for rating/advertising system Smiley . For place your offer you can pay 0.0001btc+bitcoin fee. If you pay more your goods upper, and categories sorting depend on sum of paymens all items in this category. Payment actual 10 days. It is symple spam protection. Most decentralized spam protection, without moderators.
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:00:46 PM

let multiple escrow handlers plug into the system and get ratings.  that way is more decentralized anyway.

That's the proper way to do this, yes!

Yes it is my addresses. Just for rating/advertising system Smiley . For place your offer you can pay 0.0001btc+bitcoin fee. If you pay more your goods upper, and categories sorting depend on sum of paymens all items in this category. Payment actual 10 days. It is symple spam protection. Most decentralized spam protection, without moderators.

I see no problem with that.
I would suggest you to be transparent about this, so noone shouts "hidden scam!!1!" there.

I am very happy to see so many constructive, smart ideas being thrown around here!

Ente
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:03:43 AM

My question is why do *you* get it? Why not send it to "1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE" or some other statistically impossible address to own the private key to? Right now it's fine, as a proof-of-concept, but, let's say it were to take off, and, everyone who had a Bitcoin client installed also had this software they used to make trades, along with that, hundredds of people where commiting to the Github page all the time and it was a huge community-driven project, like what Bitcoin is. Why is it fair for you to get the money? Look at Bitcoin, the developer of it doesn't get any money, the only fees (I.E. Transaction fees) go to the people that actually did the work in the scope of the system, not some meta-developer.

Second question is, how do nodes verify the transaction in that address is linked to a transaction on the chan? What stops me from jut commenting the send code out? I do admit, I should probably read the source in more detail, but, unfortunately, the times I come on here are normally the times I'm too tired to go source reading.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
bitXbay (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:56:18 AM

My question is why do *you* get it? Why not send it to "1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE" or some other statistically impossible address to own the private key to? Right now it's fine, as a proof-of-concept, but, let's say it were to take off, and, everyone who had a Bitcoin client installed also had this software they used to make trades, along with that, hundredds of people where commiting to the Github page all the time and it was a huge community-driven project, like what Bitcoin is. Why is it fair for you to get the money? Look at Bitcoin, the developer of it doesn't get any money, the only fees (I.E. Transaction fees) go to the people that actually did the work in the scope of the system, not some meta-developer.

What is the meaning to send money to nowhere? Why? In fairness, I spent >900 hours of my time only for programming BitXBay. If you think that someone is so willing to work for free, you're naive. Usually benefit is advertising or donations or hidden scam. My interest is transparent, and I think it can only add credibility. Someone might think that Satoshi altruist or  other Bitcoin developers. Partially true, but I think many are making money on the growth rate. First miners can get a lot of money from development which positively influence the course. Use of the program free for all, no fees, merchants need advertising anyway. Income will give me the opportunity to assign a reward for improvement and development of new features and testing. Ideological motivation that's fine. But the Ideological ​motivation+money much better.
bitXbay (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:05:36 PM

Second question is, how do nodes verify the transaction in that address is linked to a transaction on the chan? What stops me from jut commenting the send code out? I do admit, I should probably read the source in more detail, but, unfortunately, the times I come on here are normally the times I'm too tired to go source reading.

You can commenting it ofc. But nobody with main branch BitXBay can't see your offer. All offers signed with address what you choose in sell dialoge. And when trade borad rendering program verify all messages and get info about paymant from blocks or blockchain.info if you set this option.
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:42:36 PM

I don't see any problem in that.
Why do exchanges receive 0.x% fees? Why do miners receive fees?
And, come on, a tenth of a millibit, and you complain as this was the biggest scam ever? This isn't even tagged to the selling-price of the transaction!

I much prefer to see a project with a sane revenue concept for the developer, than a "free money for all" project, where the only one having costs is the developer.

Ente
GrandpasNaked

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:58:11 PM

Man.... Lmao if anyone actually uses Bitxbay.. RIP to your coins lol
WillMartinDotCom

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:23:21 AM

Who wants to go down in history as the first documented person to buy a product from a decentralized marketplace?

I recently published a book on anonymous cryptocurrencies called "Black Market Cryptocurrencies." I've put the book up for sale on BitxBay. I'm the author and copyright holder, so the transaction is completely legal. Go on BitxBay and purchase my book - I'll send you a DRM-free PDF of the book and I'll include your name in the future prints of the book as "the first documented person to ever purchase a product from a decentralized marketplace." Let's make history!
bitXbay (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:55:06 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 12:23:38 PM by bitXbay

Man.... Lmao if anyone actually uses Bitxbay.. RIP to your coins lol
I already talked about this here. If you are afraid for your Bitcoins use vmvare and please send all your money in a separate well-protected Bitcoin wallet. In any case, it is good practice to send all bitcoins to a separate address. And do not use it with any software other than bitcoin-qt. I think to create options that will send all new coins to user's specified address, but I'm afraid it's a bit deanonymizes users.
Problem now it is when you have deal and signed it, bitcoin-qt think it is your money, becouse you have 1 of 2 private keys. And when merchant spent money form this multisig address, you see this transaction. It looks like a suspicious transaction that you did not do, with the balance remains the same and that was before it. I have not found a way to remove the private key from a wallet in the main branch bitcoin-qt.
Please if you have arguments about errors in safety, bring the data from the source code BitXBay.
Open source gives everyone a check for security problems and point them out if they are. Do the similar opportunity SR, BS, Pandora, BitHalo?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:34:09 AM

Who wants to go down in history as the first documented person to buy a product from a decentralized marketplace?

I recently published a book on anonymous cryptocurrencies called "Black Market Cryptocurrencies." I've put the book up for sale on BitxBay. I'm the author and copyright holder, so the transaction is completely legal. Go on BitxBay and purchase my book - I'll send you a DRM-free PDF of the book and I'll include your name in the future prints of the book as "the first documented person to ever purchase a product from a decentralized marketplace." Let's make history!

give me something I actually want and I'll gladly buy it. I do not want a book on black-market crypto currencies :-)

WillMartinDotCom

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:47:36 PM

Update: The book was sold through BitXBay! Congratulations to Michael for being the first documented person to purchase a product on a decentralized marketplace.
Documentation here: http://willmartin.com/the-worlds-first-documented-sale-on-a-decentralized-online-marketplace-my-book/
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:43:28 AM

I think that now the main problem of this project is that it needs the Bitcoin-Qt, that it's totally NOT user friendly.
It's against a wide use.
Maybe it should be integrate with Electrum (as it seems that the dev is already doing) or Bitcoinj.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
bitXbay (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:34:15 PM

I think that now the main problem of this project is that it needs the Bitcoin-Qt, that it's totally NOT user friendly.
It's against a wide use.
Maybe it should be integrate with Electrum (as it seems that the dev is already doing) or Bitcoinj.
Currently working on it. Will soon be ready. About next week. But it will be an alternative version, more safely and anonymously store the whole blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: