Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:16:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap & effective way to cut a 4 3/4" hole in plywood. (120mm for you Euros)  (Read 499 times)
Nolo (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:51:31 PM

I need to cut a single 120mm hole in a 3/4" sheet of plywood.  I've thought about buying a hole saw, but that's about $20.  I also thought about going and picking up a cheap jigsaw, and trying to cut it that way, but that might be a little rough and still more $ than I want to spend for one hole.  

Bottom line: I don't want to spend $20 to cut one damn hole.  Any suggestions I haven't thought of?

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:28:45 PM

Borrow the right tool, or don't be picky about the quality of the hole or price of the tool.

Sorry man, but I don't think you'll find a better solution than borrowing the right tool. That's a big hole through fairly thick plywood.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Nolo (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:32:56 PM

Borrow the right tool, or don't be picky about the quality of the hole or price of the tool.

Sorry man, but I don't think you'll find a better solution than borrowing the right tool. That's a big hole through fairly thick plywood.

You're right.  I was hoping there was something I was missing.  Oh well.  Don't have anyone to borrow it from.  Guess I'll have to bite the bullet. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:48:09 AM

Well, if you're willing to spend the time instead of money and appearance isn't too important, I suggest tracing your circle and then drilling a lot of 1/8th of an inch holes following your trace. When done knock out the wood, and possibly sand the hole clean if needed.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:50:12 AM

(120mm for you Euros)

What does this mean?

The entire world, except for the US, is on the metric system.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Nolo (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:34:32 PM

(120mm for you Euros)

What does this mean?

The entire world, except for the US, is on the metric system.

I choose to only recognize the US and Europe.  For example, "what's a Canada?"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: