Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Donationcoin (DON) | Revival | Cryptopia | Scrypt PoW  (Read 35418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:52:54 PM

It seems we were stuck on block 598618 for a long time. My rig is only operating at about 40% but, I finally got it!  Grin

Also, so the community is aware, I have been trying to contact the owners of the donationcoin.org domain to no avail. Personally, I don't like the "-" in donation-coin.org but perhaps the donation-coin.org domain should be retained just for historic sake and to avoid having to contact numerous sites to update. Any thoughts?

“Having to contact numerous sites to update” offers a valuable opportunity to advertise to site-owners that Donationcoin is alive and kicking.

Yes, this is a good point. A new domain might let it be known a new chapter has started. I have Donationcoin.info and Donationcoin.net as of now. Of course this does not mean I am strictly against the old domain name. I want the community to decide. I will make every possible effort to secure the domain name we see fit. At the moment, I am leaning towards Donationcoin.info as the "advertised" name. My thought was originally when I purchased the names: First, secure any decent names. Second, Donationcoin.info would be a public friendly gateway to information for non-technical people and Donationcoin.net might be the more technical or, perhaps, the pool.

I do aim to resurrect Donationcoin. I have been in contact with Spencer about the premine. It has not changed hands as of now. I would of course inform the community when this happens.

Given that the usual complaint about a premine is that the owner could potentially destabilise the market, I'm wondering whether the best policy for an unspent premine for a coin of this maturity and illiquidity might be simply to burn the lot.

Another good idea and point, Graham. Of course, securing the premine's remaining coins must happen so everyone can be certain of the possible burn and it is performed in a proper and well documented way. Also, I only aim to hold the premine as a member of the community. The community will be the owner. The only coins I would consider myself to be the owner of are the ones I mine or purchase. I would of course be using my own coins to promote in give-aways, distribute through fauceting (as I have already. Prior to my joining Sterlingcoin or knowing any of the Donationcoin creators), bounties if need be or any other way of assisting Donationcoin. I would treat being the holder of the premine with the accountability and transparency it deserves.

I do have immediate plans to get a website back up and reestablish the presence of Donationcoin. I am trying to rally the troops and see who is still in support of Donationcoin. I know it has been deathly silent here and I do apologize for that. Let us change that, and the destiny of Donationcoin, for the better. Smiley Who is with me?

It's also been deathly silent because no-one else has spoken up, either. Let's not lose sight of the fact that this is a p2p app and no peers == no app.

I have a lightweight RPC-based explorer (Acme *), which is also configured to track Donationcoin, it reports that there are 8 active nodes.

In addition to Acme, I also host an instance of Abe (reads the blockfile directly so can't be faked out by hacked RPC code)

I'd only just disabled Donationcoin under Abe yesterday, having concluded (prematurely, it would seem) that there was no interest in developing the coin further.

I've turned it back on again: https://minkiz.co/abe/chains *

I, and all of the Donationcoin community, thank you for this service! I will point to this from the website when it is built. This is a community takeover and every effort by members of the community will be fully leveraged. Of course, any help in this transition or future assistance of the original Donationcoin creators and developers is greatly appreciated by myself and the rest of the Donationcoin community. I ask for each and every community member that is still present to give an opinion or thoughts on:

1) The domain name. Should we retain donation-coin.org or mark this new chapter with a new, more "user friendly", domain name?

2) The premine. Should a burn happen or should the premine safely be stored for future use of the community?

I ask if any members of the community would like to be part of this community takeover and resurrection, or that have ideas, skills, or resources to help move Donationcoin forward, they please do come forward. Of course, the rest of us would love to hear from you! If anyone knows someone that was previously involved but has lost hope or interest, please notify them.

I look forward to hearing everyone's input. Thanks in advance for voicing it! Smiley

Cheers,
Steven Saxton

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:23:48 AM

So the community is aware, I do now hold the premine wallet.dat file. Spencer Lievens has handed it over to me.

The wallet does contain 17,750,000 Donationcoin at address LcG9Vr4WyeyfQVEq8zPLQBDxW1kWvVU6mF

These coins and the wallet.dat file will be safely stored by myself, Steven Saxton.

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:09:26 AM

So the community is aware, I do now hold the premine wallet.dat file. Spencer Lievens has handed it over to me.

The wallet does contain 17,750,000 Donationcoin at address LcG9Vr4WyeyfQVEq8zPLQBDxW1kWvVU6mF

These coins and the wallet.dat file will be safely stored by myself, Steven Saxton.

I did sync and verify the premine wallet.dat file balance today August 9th, 2015. I do accept responsibility for all of the 17,750,000 Donationcoins and will use them in the best interest of Donationcoin with full transparency and open communication to any and all interested parties. 

I will now safely store this wallet.dat file off of the Internet until we, the Donationcoin community (interested parties), decide the best use or disposal for any or all of these coins.

Steven Saxton

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:30:43 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 06:58:47 PM by CryptoCanary

Hi Donationcoin community,

I did start working on http://donationcoin.info.  Smiley

I have much more work to do on it and noting is set-in-stone about it by any means. It's not much to look at at the moment and is very much a work in progress. I know it is lacking a lot of the content but, I did want to demonstrate progress. If anyone has any feedback, critiques, or ideas please feel free to post here, PM me, or contact me on skype (steven.saxton) to discuss the website or any topics related to Donationcoin. If anyone wanted to pitch-in with content, design, development, or in any way you feel you might be able to contribute (website or otherwise), please, feel free to contact me.

Also, this progress does not mean I am not open to debate of retaining the old domain, donation-coin.org

I am at your service!  Grin

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 04:52:25 PM

This commit was for a file (/src/leveldb/build_detect_platform) that needed executable permissions for the wallet to build successfully following the instructions of the README.md file.

https://github.com/donationcoin-project/donationcoin-linux-source/commit/b98059e6cfee4263df5f1a31ce9bc5f3cf6affc7

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:19:52 PM

This commit was for a file (/src/leveldb/build_detect_platform) that needed executable permissions for the wallet to build successfully following the instructions of the README.md file.

https://github.com/donationcoin-project/donationcoin-linux-source/commit/b98059e6cfee4263df5f1a31ce9bc5f3cf6affc7

And the same for the daemon...

https://github.com/donationcoin-project/donationcoin/commit/680547007a0bded064deb5f69e04cf3384f5507d

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:10:59 PM

This is nice to see:

Smiley

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:52:47 PM

RIP.  MKC is <  1 BTC  after like to one year.
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:07:18 AM

RIP.  MKC is <  1 BTC  after like to one year.

It is no secret, both the cost of Donationcoin and the market cap are low. But, it does have A value and therefore, potential to increase in value.
Some coins can only dream of that.  Smiley

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:27:08 AM

I have made a compressed Donationcoin blockchain bootstrap file available at http://donationcoin.info/bootstrap.zip (~140 MB).

It was created at block height 650,000 (a few hours prior to this post).

The bootstrap.dat file has a MD5 checksum of f0087944400ae04126a113e5ee57d19e as described in the contained README.md file which also includes import instructions.

The extracted bootstrap.dat file is ~240 MB in size. The import of 77 weeks of transactions does take a considerable amount of time but, will be much faster than downloading from peers.

To start the import with a fresh wallet, just place the extracted bootstrap.dat file in the same folder/directory as the Donationcoin-qt executable and start the Donationcoin-qt wallet. If you have run the wallet before and wish to import the bootstrap.dat to catch up faster, you will need to delete all files and folders/directories in the folder/directory containing the Donationcoin-qt executable EXCEPT FOR THE WALLET.DAT file, DONATIONCOIN-QT executable, and DONATIONCOIN.CONF file. Place the extracted bootstrap.dat file in this same folder/directory and start the Donationcoin-qt wallet. Again, it will take a considerable amount of time so, please be patient.

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:51:33 AM

I did sync and verify the premine wallet.dat file balance today August 9th, 2015. I do accept responsibility for all of the 17,750,000 Donationcoins and will use them in the best interest of Donationcoin with full transparency and open communication to any and all interested parties. 
    ( image removed from quote for readability ) ...
I will now safely store this wallet.dat file off of the Internet until we, the Donationcoin community (interested parties), decide the best use or disposal for any or all of these coins.

Steven Saxton

I have moved the 17,750,000 Donationcoin of the premine to address LProTJkzEqwbULXdEKPnk1YLPDdpLXshG6
( transaction id deb92964cd81e8f15a1d3c35856a4963d5c8318d65f34db03215c84b243c9f9e )

I did this to have no confusion of who is responsible and, therefore accountable, for the premine. My apologies for doing this long after the wallet.dat containing the premine changed hands. I did not think of this step nor the possibility of any confusion of who holds the premine. Of course, this is done with no disrespect to any previous holder of the premine and is only done as an effort to prove myself, and only myself, accountable for the premine going forward.

Steven Saxton

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:09:16 PM

We get a node for a year if we raise only $50. Shares are $1 each. (BTC: .004107, LTC: .326347, Doge: 8498.5)

Please, consider donating to help the Donationcoin network.

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:53:51 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2015, 10:21:22 PM by CryptoCanary

I am honored to announce some amazing news of something I have been working on in my efforts to resurrect Donationcoin.

First, we have a new founded strong believer in Donationcoin and they are wanting to buy any amount of Donationcoin for 1/1000th of 1 EFL. PsychoticBoy, a very trusted user here on bitcointalk, will facilitate escrow on any trades if needed. Please do not hassle them with inquires about trades. I will gladly personally handle any inquires you may have. I guarantee this is not part of a scam or other wrong doing. I do personally know and trust the parties involved and they, like myself, only have the best intentions for Donationcoin.

Secondly, and the best part for Donationcoin, and something I am truly excited to report to the Donationcoin community! Our new founded believer and supporter has also donated a Donationcoin pool! Thats right, http://donpool.amazingsystems.nl is open and hashing! Donationcoin has a pool once again!

Thank you AmazingSystems.nl for helping me to have the pleasure of saying to the Donationcoin community, come mine with us! Smiley

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:30:53 AM

Greetings,

As of this morning, Donationcoin has been added to voting at Cryptsy https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/. Please vote for Donationcoin to be added to this exchange. Thank you in advance!  Smiley

Cheers!

athur0s

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:33:18 PM

I installed the wallet on my linux root and will run it 24/7

IP: 37.187.3.19
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:43:07 PM

Awesome, I see you in my peer list.  Smiley

Thanks athur0s!

athur0s

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:28:04 AM

Awesome, I see you in my peer list.  Smiley

Thanks athur0s!

No Problem. I hope it helps to keep the network alive.

"connections" : 13
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:00:14 AM

Awesome, I see you in my peer list.  Smiley

Thanks athur0s!

No Problem. I hope it helps to keep the network alive.

"connections" : 13

New website... New pool... New interest... New price. Shocked I would venture to say, Donationcoin and the Donationcoin network, are more alive than they have been in a long time.  Grin

Let's continue the march of resurrection. Help us add "New exchange" to the list. Please, vote for Donationcoin to be added to Cryptsy.

Thank you in advance!  Smiley

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:33:28 PM

I am pleased to announce that I have got the Donationcoin v1.3 wallet compiled for OS X.  Smiley I have it packaged here: http://donationcoin.info/Donationcoin1.3.dmg

It is not a fancy installer. Mac OS X users will need to drag the Donationcoin-Qt.app file into the Applications folder or where ever they see fit.

Yoshi Livo

Activity: 544
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:34:35 PM

I want to remind the Donationcoin miners that there is still the option to sell your DON for EFL, at current bittrex price you will get 3% more for your coins. Contact https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=54752 for more info.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: