Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:06:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Donationcoin (DON) | Revival | Cryptopia | Scrypt PoW  (Read 35418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mrbee

Activity: 454
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:02:38 PM

Do you have a status update of international charaties who wants to accept donationcoins?
Donationcoin (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:03:51 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 08:19:53 PM by Donationcoin

Currently it is a bank holiday weekend in the UK and normal working hours resume come tomorrow.

From tomorrow we will be actively chasing the charities up, to get the wallets over to them and the coins transferred.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:50:37 PM

Updates on the site tonight:

*Supported Charities in Menu will change to Charities

*New Sub Menu for Charities - Affiliated Charities

All charities that have received coins and have banners displayed or confirmed receipt of the Donationcoin will be added to 'Affiliated Charities'.

Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:53:36 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 09:19:08 PM by Donationcoin

Here is another charity that has been put forward to us.

http://keyofhope.org/
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:21:33 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 11:29:19 PM by Donationcoin

So here is our mailout email which is going out to all charities on our site and a lot more too. This one was just sent to Key of Hope

Hello Key of Hope,

We would like to welcome you to a new form of currency for the internet called Donationcoin.

What is Donationcoin?

Online there are already many variants of Bitcoin which you may or may not of heard of such as Litecoin, Dogecoin, Reddcoin and many many more. Unlike the original "Internet Money" Bitcoin or other variants, Donationcoin is specifically molded around donating to charity and to help those less fortunate than ourselves. Spencer Lievens (Co-Creator/Lead Developer) and Muiz Rana (Co-Creator/Developer) have created this brand new "cryptocurrency" named Donationcoin (http://www.donation-coin) to enable people worldwide to help people to live a better life. Currently we have 13,500,000 coins on reserve and from these Donationcoin we want to give Key of Hope 250,000 Donationcoin. In total 90,000,000 Donationcoin will slowly enter the internet over the course of 10 years. This is achieved by the Donationcoin community using their own computers to generate the Donationcoin and trade on the exchanges to further increase it's value.

Where's the Donationcoin stored and how are money transactions possible on across the networks?

People simply download a software wallet for Donationcoin (Linux, Mac or Windows) which enables them to send and receive Donationcoin.

Wallet Downloads - http://www.donation-coin.org

What is Donationcoin? And why should Key of Hope use them?

Cryptocurrencies like Donationcoin are peer-to-peer networks which form a digital currency and transactions network. These networks are secured by cryptography. A decentralised network of nodes are responsible for creating new currency and validating transactions. Their supply is also controlled by particular nodes called miners. In general, cryptocurrencies are designed to have a limited supply in order to keep the currency scarce and valuable. To simplify slightly, the network are the software wallets which are all connected throughout the Internet.

Who produces Donationcoin?

With Donationcoin new coins are rewarded to users known as miners. Miners use computing power to solve complex mathematical problems to sign transactions. Once a miner has found a solution to these problems, their node will broadcast a block of transactions to the network. Once the network has agreed the solution is valid, the block is added to the existing blockchain and the miner is rewarded new currency. The blockchain can be compared to a digital ledger which contains a record of all transactions made across the network. Overtime the reward for mining blocks is programmed to decrease and as more miners compete to produce the next new block the difficulty of doing so is increased.

How can our Charity sell Donationcoin to get FIAT ("real money")?

Donationcoin will be entering the Swisscex exchange (http://www.swisscex.com) within the next 2 weeks and at this point we will be commencing trades with Bitcoin purchasing Donationcoin at $1 per coin. This will raise the price of the Donationcoin and we're hoping with your support and the continued support of the community online the value and ROI will increase greatly over the course of the 10 year period of which it takes for the total 90,000,000 Donationcoin to be released into the Internet. Donationcoin will be able to be traded for other cryptocurrencies and FIAT ("real money") by simply trading for BTC and then for FIAT ("real money"). Bearing in mind because of the ROI of Donationcoin over the course of 10 years and onwards we recommend trading your 250,000 Donationcoin either "late in the game" or slowly in increments at your own discretion.

How do we accept Donationcoin and get the 250,000 Donationcoin?

We recommend your Finance Department download the software wallet to a secure computer. We have Linux, Mac and Windows versions available here - http://www.donation-coin.org  and once downloaded and installed simply contact us with your receive address and we shall transfer the coins directly to your wallet. We will also send a Donationcoin banner/button with your receive address for people Internationally to donate to. If you have any issues with downloading the wallet or installing please email support@donation-coin.org

We have already listed your charity in our 'Supported Charities' section of our site and would like to add you to our 'Affiliated Charities' section once this process is complete. We are really excited to hear from you and hope to help a lot of people worldwide alongside Key of Hope.

Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:28:23 PM

We really want the community to get behind this coin and trade each coin for no less than 0.002335BTC at the start to hold the coin at a good starting value of around $1 to give these coins true value to the affiliated charites.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:26:07 PM

Here are some excellent pieces of technology we are currently looking into:

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/the-drinkable-book-is-designed-to-purify-water-video-06-05-2014/

http://bigthink.com/design-for-good/the-first-billboard-in-the-world-to-make-drinking-water-out-of-thin-ai

If you have any further suggestions for us please let us know.
Mrbee

Activity: 454

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:33:29 AM

Great status update, now just wait and see how the charities will response!
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:03:01 PM

The mass mailout has gone out to all the charities on our supported charities list.

We are hoping to hear a response within 24-48 hours.

We will notify the community of updates as they happen.
toadrw

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:05:39 PM

yet another "good cause" coin we don't need.  Not to mention from a no name dev.

And another sh**post from the world famous DemetriusAstroBlack.  Roll Eyes Let's all hope that the gatekeeper of "good cause" coins Demetrius find us worthy in the future.  Afterall, giving... whatever the amount... has no value unless there is some personal gain in it for Demetrius.  LOL
Thread7

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:17:02 PM

The drinkable book and water out of thin air look like great products.  However, I would suggest to the devs to concentrate on the coin itself, exchanges, and getting affiliated with charities.  (Unless these products are charities in themselves).  Things like this could cause you to get sidetracked from the true mission of getting widespread usage of Donationcoin.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:40:11 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 11:16:49 PM by Donationcoin

Do not worry Thread7 we are concentrating our efforts on the coin and researching these technologies for future fundraisers and events.

Today we sent over 100 emails out to 17 charities various email addresses and conversed via live chat to overseas charities in the USA.

We are now awaiting responses and will update as they come in.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:29:02 PM

Quick message to request all that are mining Donationcoin to pay Cryptsy a quick visit and send a support ticket requesting the addition of Donationcoin to their voting platform.
RepublicSpace

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:54:47 AM

Can someone please explain to me how they were able to get "official" level of support from such a huge range of international charities - all of which have an address already - when this coin has 5 people in its subreddit and no trusted mining pools, and is clearly brand new.
This stinks to high hell as being the worst of all the scam coins to date.

Please, prove me wrong by showing a letter of official recognition by some of these charities. So far, the only proof is that they have addresses, which is absolutely no proof whatsoever.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:02:14 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 02:03:30 PM by Donationcoin

As stated in the emails we have sent out to the charities (which is public in this thread) the supported charities section of our site contains wallet addresses created by us the developers to enable people to donate for the time being. The 'Affiliated Section' of the site contains the charities which have their own wallet and control their share of the premine.

Bloodbanker.org has confirmed delivery and the mass mailout to the other charities has been sent out to the charities contained within our 'Supported Charities' section.

Also Direct Relief as you can see in the thread have responded on Twitter to our tweet to them stating their 250,000 coins are waiting for them.

There is no SCAM and you have nothing to base this statement on. We have openly and transparently shared all information on what we have done and what we are doing. We have IRC and you are welcome to live chat with us there or to add us on Skype: DonationcoinDevelopers to talk further.

Please see http://www.donation-coin.org/supported-charities & http://www.donation-coin.org/affiliated-charities

Here are our sent mails from yesterday (Not enough space horizontally to show all the email addresses we sent to)

This is in the post above in this thread:
We have already listed your charity in our 'Supported Charities' section of our site and would like to add you to our 'Affiliated Charities' section once this process is complete.

(Your post suggests that you haven't actually read the thread in it's entirety)
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:00:35 PM

We have received a reply from the British Red Cross donation helpdesk.

This does not write off the British Red Cross from excepting Donationcoin at all.

This in fact shows their interest and keenness to get involved once the coin is in further circulation.

Also that they will be watching with interest.

Good news is this is just their Donation help desk which the general public would email concerning their payments to the British Red Cross and we have emailed more than just this address.

We are awaiting their responses and also the American Red Cross.
toadrw

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:10:26 PM

tl;dr Take the language out about charities supporting this coin unless it is verifiable.  Get a third-party escrow to handle the pre-mine and let the charities control their wallets.

Already the American National & British Red Cross, Barnardo's, Macmillan Cancer Support, Oxfam and UNICEF are all accepting Donationcoin so you can start to help people straight away.
Wallet Addresses for each charity can be found in the 'Supported Charities' section of our website.
Each month the wallets of each charity will be put up on exchanges for exchange to FIAT via BTC.

I support your coin, but I have a few issues which might give people pause when considering Donationcoin and I think you should consider revising the preceding text.  I would consider removing the first line completely.  In addition, there is no proof that any of the wallet addresses other than maybe the BloodBankers addresses is actually owned by the respective charity.

In my opinion, the best thing for this coin (as most people do not trust premines no matter how good the intentions) would be to put these coins in escrow with a trusted third party.  When the coins mature and organizations such as the British Red Cross begin accepting them they can verify their wallet address through an official Twitter account, a page on their website or some other official means (not an email as those can be easily forged).  Once verified the third party can then transfer the.

To the skeptic what this looks like now is that names are being thrown around which really don't officially support the coin.  People are being asked to donate to wallet addresses which are not officially supported by the charities.  Both of these throw up red flags to new miners of this coins.

I understand that the wallets are there to convert DON to FIAT and then donate FIAT to the charities, but what needs to happen is that you need to donate the DON and let the charities convert to FIAT from their own wallets.  There is very little trust in the community for premined coins in addition a premined coin which also asks you to donate to wallets addresses that they also own provides even fewer assurances that this isn't a scam.

I'll say one last thing with regards to scammers and I'm speaking in general and not about this coin or its creators.  I've seen quite a few scamcoins for coins which actually had promise and the potential of the coin to be worth millions for the creators was ruined so they could make a few thousand dollars.  They essentially gave away the potential to make a few million in order to make a few grand.  I think that this coin has the potential to become widely used, however, transparency and trust is needed in order for this to happen and I would hope that if there were any intention to defraud miners and investors that the creators of this coin or any new coin would think about the long-term potential of this coin rather than trying to make a couple of thousand because that will not last long.  Good luck.
DonDev

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:25:17 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 05:54:54 PM by DonDev

tl;dr Take the language out about charities supporting this coin unless it is verifiable.  Get a third-party escrow to handle the pre-mine and let the charities control their wallets.

Already the American National & British Red Cross, Barnardo's, Macmillan Cancer Support, Oxfam and UNICEF are all accepting Donationcoin so you can start to help people straight away.
Wallet Addresses for each charity can be found in the 'Supported Charities' section of our website.
Each month the wallets of each charity will be put up on exchanges for exchange to FIAT via BTC.

I support your coin, but I have a few issues which might give people pause when considering Donationcoin and I think you should consider revising the preceding text.  I would consider removing the first line completely.  In addition, there is no proof that any of the wallet addresses other than maybe the BloodBankers addresses is actually owned by the respective charity.

In my opinion, the best thing for this coin (as most people do not trust premines no matter how good the intentions) would be to put these coins in escrow with a trusted third party.  When the coins mature and organizations such as the British Red Cross begin accepting them they can verify their wallet address through an official Twitter account, a page on their website or some other official means (not an email as those can be easily forged).  Once verified the third party can then transfer the.

To the skeptic what this looks like now is that names are being thrown around which really don't officially support the coin.  People are being asked to donate to wallet addresses which are not officially supported by the charities.  Both of these throw up red flags to new miners of this coins.

I understand that the wallets are there to convert DON to FIAT and then donate FIAT to the charities, but what needs to happen is that you need to donate the DON and let the charities convert to FIAT from their own wallets.  There is very little trust in the community for premined coins in addition a premined coin which also asks you to donate to wallets addresses that they also own provides even fewer assurances that this isn't a scam.

I'll say one last thing with regards to scammers and I'm speaking in general and not about this coin or its creators.  I've seen quite a few scamcoins for coins which actually had promise and the potential of the coin to be worth millions for the creators was ruined so they could make a few thousand dollars.  They essentially gave away the potential to make a few million in order to make a few grand.  I think that this coin has the potential to become widely used, however, transparency and trust is needed in order for this to happen and I would hope that if there were any intention to defraud miners and investors that the creators of this coin or any new coin would think about the long-term potential of this coin rather than trying to make a couple of thousand because that will not last long.  Good luck.

Trusting a third party or escrow is not possible with Donationcoin as we are the developers and solely responsible for this coin as its not a product but a crypto currency that in itself is a big responsibility. Soon we will be adding more charities as we are in contact with them daily many have approved but they dont understand crypto currency and need some training first. Even you know an average joe on the street doesn't know how crypto currency works. The majority doesn't even know about bitcoin but with time and meetings they will understand what donation coins is. We have set a timeline for our projects and meetings with these charities and you will be updated as we continue to add charities and update the donation system to a virtual system being used for donation coin. Thanks for you input I appreciate it.

Muiz Rana
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:25:21 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 05:59:50 PM by Donationcoin

We agree with all your points except that we don't have a trustworthy enough escrow for such an amount.

Also in terms of transferring the coins to the charities it is much easier to be able to converse, assist and transfer the Donationcoin in an easy process.

Spencer Lievens

Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:34:59 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 05:54:26 PM by Donationcoin

**ORIGINAL POST UPDATED**

Also we are not giving as big an amount to American and British Red Cross and instead splitting more 250K amounts to more charities. So please put forward worthy charities that you believe deserve inclusion.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: