Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:40:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Donationcoin (DON) | Revival | Cryptopia | Scrypt PoW  (Read 35418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Donationcoin (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:31:13 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 07:55:51 PM by Donationcoin

Just had a look on Swisscex and realised that Donationcoin without the BTC votes has the most organic votes out of all the coins.

The two coins ahead of us have paid in the region of $400/BTC to be in the position they are.

We have 1200 organic votes.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:49:10 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 09:34:13 AM by Donationcoin

A good friend of mine and real forward thinker, Mark Bennett, is really supportive of Donationcoin and is helping to write up our press release.

He has an amazing background in writing and I am sure most here have heard of Fortean Times, Mac User and Press Dispensary for which he has written.

Please have a look at his works here:

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/fbi/3223/the_orgonite_experiment.html

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/106/reengineering_the_ark.html

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/commentary/688/we_are_witnessing_the_dawn_of_an_unknown_science.html

https://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/releases/c992618/Giant-Vegetables-Produced-Again-with-Aid-of-Wonder-Resin-Orgonite.html

(I believe the Mac User articles were "to print" but please look as I couldn't find them)

Mrbee

Activity: 454

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:20:15 AM

**ORIGINAL POST UPDATED**

Also we are not giving as big an amount to American and British Red Cross and instead splitting more 250K amounts to more charities. So please put forward worthy charities that you believe deserve inclusion.

Splitting the big amount into pieces of 250K to charities is a good change. More charities can join Donationcoin!
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:01:29 PM

We feel the same way. This will enable more charities to be included.

Also I have spent the morning updating little bits and pieces on the site, forums etc.

Updated the OP.

Updated the FAQ too - http://donation-coin.org/faq/
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:33:30 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 02:37:32 PM by Donationcoin

We have been added to the vote at https://bleutrade.com/voting

Don't forget to also vote for us on Swisscex too!!!

https://www.swisscex.com/voting

Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:47:52 PM

Amazing to see Donationcoin nethash raise up from 6-9MH/s all the way up to this:

Would be interesting to know who the top 4 anon miners are.
toadrw

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:25:35 PM

Trusting a third party or escrow is not possible with Donationcoin as we are the developers and solely responsible for this coin as its not a product but a crypto currency that in itself is a big responsibility. Soon we will be adding more charities as we are in contact with them daily many have approved but they dont understand crypto currency and need some training first. Even you know an average joe on the street doesn't know how crypto currency works. The majority doesn't even know about bitcoin but with time and meetings they will understand what donation coins is. We have set a timeline for our projects and meetings with these charities and you will be updated as we continue to add charities and update the donation system to a virtual system being used for donation coin. Thanks for you input I appreciate it.

Muiz Rana

Thank you for the reply.  The fact is that it is difficult to trust anyone so you're response is correct. 

I had a company in mind for the escrow, but there have even been doubts about them relating to raising donations for particular campaigns.  I guess we'll have to see if these charities take you up on your offer. 

I see you have an affiliated charities link on your homepage for charities which have taken you up on your offer.  This is great so people know which charities have accept their donation.  Right now we have one, but more will follow.

Here's a list of about 100 charities which are rated 4 star by charity navigator which have donations under 3.5 million per year.  I would suggest adding some of these to your mailing list as these charities are probably looking for non-traditional ways to increase their donations.  It is going to be difficult to bring the Red Cross on board until you have lined up several smaller charities I think and until donationcoin have proven itself.  You may be shooting for the moon which is good, but first we need to just liftoff. :p

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.results&overallrtg=4&size=1&scopeid=2

I wouldn't email to everyone on this list.  Autism, cancer, kid and animal charities are all popular I would think whereas some of the charities devoted to the arts or media may be too narrow of a field to consider.  If people want to donate to Himalayan Tap Dancers (not a real charity... I hope) then they should probable do an individual donation.  Tongue 

I would also stay away from politically-charged or controversial charities.

Good luck.

DonDev

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:37:44 AM

Trusting a third party or escrow is not possible with Donationcoin as we are the developers and solely responsible for this coin as its not a product but a crypto currency that in itself is a big responsibility. Soon we will be adding more charities as we are in contact with them daily many have approved but they dont understand crypto currency and need some training first. Even you know an average joe on the street doesn't know how crypto currency works. The majority doesn't even know about bitcoin but with time and meetings they will understand what donation coins is. We have set a timeline for our projects and meetings with these charities and you will be updated as we continue to add charities and update the donation system to a virtual system being used for donation coin. Thanks for you input I appreciate it.

Muiz Rana

Thank you for the reply.  The fact is that it is difficult to trust anyone so you're response is correct. 

I had a company in mind for the escrow, but there have even been doubts about them relating to raising donations for particular campaigns.  I guess we'll have to see if these charities take you up on your offer. 

I see you have an affiliated charities link on your homepage for charities which have taken you up on your offer.  This is great so people know which charities have accept their donation.  Right now we have one, but more will follow.

Here's a list of about 100 charities which are rated 4 star by charity navigator which have donations under 3.5 million per year.  I would suggest adding some of these to your mailing list as these charities are probably looking for non-traditional ways to increase their donations.  It is going to be difficult to bring the Red Cross on board until you have lined up several smaller charities I think and until donationcoin have proven itself.  You may be shooting for the moon which is good, but first we need to just liftoff. :p

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.results&overallrtg=4&size=1&scopeid=2

I wouldn't email to everyone on this list.  Autism, cancer, kid and animal charities are all popular I would think whereas some of the charities devoted to the arts or media may be too narrow of a field to consider.  If people want to donate to Himalayan Tap Dancers (not a real charity... I hope) then they should probable do an individual donation.  Tongue 

I would also stay away from politically-charged or controversial charities.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply we will definitely look into this list and contact the charities we think are suitable for Donationcoin. Thanks again Smiley

Muiz Rana
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:13:47 AM

**WEBSITE UPDATE**

SSL installed. Our site is now 128-bit encrypted and secure up to 256-bit.

Please clear your browser cache and use https://donation-coin.org from here on.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:06:12 PM

Been looking and the majority of the charities in the list you have put forward can pretty much all be contacted.

In total we can give 54 charities 250,000 and there are 96 pages there which far surpasses that amount.

We will email all the charities in the list and if the response comes from more than 54 charities that they wish to partake then we will put it up to a community vote as to which 54 get the Donationcoin.
DonDev

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:20:12 PM

The main page updates look really good and the color scheme is awesome.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:23:19 PM

**UPDATED OP**

Many thanks for the positive feedback Muiz Smiley

Spent a little while in Photoshop and made the Original Post a little prettier. My favourite bit is the laptop for the website link Smiley
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:17:50 AM

**UPDATE ON CHARITIES IN USA**

We have taken on Shibestah who is EST based. Shibestah is now calling all the US based charities as myself and Muiz are Europe based and the time difference is a difficulty.

toadrw

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:15:37 PM

**UPDATE ON CHARITIES IN USA**

We have taken on Shibestah who is EST based. Shibestah is now calling all the US based charities as myself and Muiz are Europe based and the time difference is a difficulty.

Welcome and good luck!
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:07:51 PM

**REPLY, NOW AWAITING A FURTHER RESPONSE**

Dear Mr Lievens,

Thank you for emailing us here at UNICEF with details about Donationcoin.
I have forwarded the information to the relevant team and if this is something they are interested in they will contact you accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Amandeep Sangha

Supporter Care Assistant

Mrbee

Activity: 454

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:32:32 PM

Great news!! Hopefully UNICEF will contact you soon and be the 2nd charity that accept DON.
If UNICEF accept DON, more charities will join  Grin
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:56:46 PM

UNICEF are probably one of the top five biggest charities in the world. I hope this response is a positive one.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:06:29 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 06:27:29 PM by Donationcoin

We are now on Bleutrade

We really liked this site went we first used it, it is new but we believe it is a very good exchange with a lot of future potential.

DonDev

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:07:55 PM

Its all going great and more exchanges and charities will be adding us by next week. One more huge step forward. I wish the whole community best of luck.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:27:34 PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: