Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:40:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Donationcoin (DON) | Revival | Cryptopia | Scrypt PoW  (Read 35418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
reftop123

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:21:00 AM

REASONS FOR NO POOL, NODES, LOW NETHASH
Lack of Server Funding from the Community.
Lack of Community Solidarity in IRC.
Lack of Users of Donationcoin.
Lack of charitable people (yet everyone says they are).
Lack of People keeping their Donationcoin Wallets open 24/7 to maintain the network (I even keep my Doge, Bitcoin, Guldencoin & Donationcoin wallet open).
Lack of People also Being Vigilant and Updating their Donationcoin Wallet to the Latest Version.
Generally a Lack of Interest in a Charity Coin.

PROVE US WRONG
Join our IRC - #donation-coin
Join the Facebook Group - https://facebook.com/groups/Donationcoin
Download the Latest Wallet and Keep It Open - https://donation-coin.org
Donate to Our Server Fund - 1BBNShtadx68J6XTdkyKVfLFdG6gdeQKEy

Long story short - I made the coin (copy/paste), now you MUST make me rich!
Now coin dont have a pool, wallet not sync, price is 1 satoshi.
DEAD COIN.
Donationcoin (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:23:09 AM

It's not like that at all Reftop.

It's simply lack of interest in the coin which is sad really.

Low nethash, combined with lack of trade and exchanges.

Which in turn makes the Donationcoin held for development, server funding etc. useless as its at around 50 odd satoshi and not many 'Buy Orders'.

reftop123

Activity: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:10:22 PM

It's not like that at all Reftop.

It's simply lack of interest in the coin which is sad really.

Low nethash, combined with lack of trade and exchanges.

Which in turn makes the Donationcoin held for development, server funding etc. useless as its at around 50 odd satoshi and not many 'Buy Orders'.

Shutting down the pool with users coin is a very smart way to promote DON.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:32:58 PM

We didn't shut it down.

We got notified by Centarra only a couple of days ago that we had an outstanding invoice which has to be paid.

Our pool will be back up and so will the nodes.
shrekster

Activity: 299

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:01:09 PM

I think we really just need to get onto a bigger exchange. When we are on these smaller exchanges all we get are the people mining and dumping with the occasional person buying a small amount. I think many people are onboard still It just hasnt taken off as quickly as they thought it would and the bulk of their interest has moved of to something else with the hope of donationcoin working out looming in the back of their mind. I myself am guilty of this and realize its going take more then just sitting around waiting for the coin to do something by itself. I have been buying on exchanges but this doesn't help if many other people are as well. Also though this is a charity coin, it has to be a normal functioning currency first. It needs value, to be on bigger exchanges, and it needs to be more well known. If everyone on here sent emails to exchanges basically spamming them with request they would see many people are interested. Donationcoin has a strong backing, it is just to small to currently maintain itself as a regular functioning currency.  I know the devs say its not all about the money, but for crypto to work it kinda has to be. Unfortunately we need people who are in it purely for a profit to join and buy in, because that seems to literally be the only way for money to be put on a coin. Personally I think we need to focus less on the charity aspect of it right now, and more on giving it value.
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:41:12 AM

Users of Donationcoin.

Backup your wallet.dat files and delete everything Donationcoin related on your computers.

Reinstall the wallet from https://donation-coin.org

Let's all make sure we are on the correct blockchain and fully synced.

Any problems then please post here.
Russell1

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:21:38 PM

v1.2.1.0-Gravity Edition???

HUG node HMSBnDVfZJgXUzLbbLjizDcUnug4f7yWtV
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:31:49 PM

That is the correct version.

1.2.1.0-Gravity Well Edition

Currently as of 14.31 GMT +0:00 we are on Block 61764
Russell1

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:29:29 PM

Yep. Great thanks

shrekster

Activity: 299

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:59:38 PM

My wallet is stuck at block 6000 , what should I do? Thanks
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:18:55 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 11:33:51 PM by Donationcoin

Make sure you wallet version is 1.2.1.0 and replace if not.

Then.

Delete your Blocks, Database and Chainstate folders.

Delete your peers.dat and make sure to KEEP YOUR WALLET.DAT

If you do not have a donationcoin.conf create one and add these lines:

addnode=37.187.3.19
addnode=108.61.10.90
addnode=198.52.200.3
addnode=81.98.168.158

Make sure to remove any other addnode= if there are any.
Russell1

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:59:09 PM

Cannot sync. On block 62448

Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:31:55 PM

Donationcoin Digital Wallet Version 1.3 Released

THIS IS A MANDATORY UPDATE

https://donation-coin.org

Windows/Mac/Linux Versions Available

All users must go to their datadir and delete all files except for your wallet.dat before running the new Daemon or QT.

BACKUP YOUR WALLET.DAT FILES BEFORE DOING THE ABOVE STEPS

Added New Seed Nodes to the Wallet
Added Checkpoints up to Block 63500

froggyfeels

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:22:45 AM

How much has gone to charity so far?
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:40:00 PM

20% Premine of 18,000,000 Donationcoins
13,500,000 Donationcoins (75% of Premine) are being split evenly in 250K amounts to international charities.
4,500,000 Donationcoins (25% of Premine) will be used for further development of Donationcoin.

http://explorer.donation-coin.org:81/address/LcG9Vr4WyeyfQVEq8zPLQBDxW1kWvVU6mF
CryptoBomg

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:16:28 AM

2 day not syncing
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:34:52 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 02:19:36 PM by Donationcoin

2 day not syncing

Delete everything until your left with just the donationcoin-qt and wallet.dat

Place the Blocks and Chainstate folders from this archive into the folder where you wallet.dat is located

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3rbGhtIhiG-ZzJZWnI1NUNPN0U&export=download

Reopen donationcoin-qt
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:19:12 PM

If you are still having issues download this file and delete everything except your wallet.dat and Donationcoin-QT file.

Then download this archive https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24760761/chainstate.zip

Unzip to the location of your wallet.dat and re-run the wallet.
syyyn

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:22:06 AM

Message to all miners of Donationcoin

We believe that CharityMiningPools may be stopping their payout CRON jobs periodically to effectively steal coins from you.

Move straight away to http://pool.donation-coin.org - 0% Fees | Block Rewards | PROP | DDoS Protected

Hey all, we have had some issues, I'll admit to that, but no coins have ever been stolen and no coins lost and honestly I'm tired of the DEV throwing people under the bus every chance he gets at the drop of a hat.  To state that we are purposely shutting down CRONS to "steal coins" first of all make no sense and secondly is absolutely untrue and you as the community that have used our pools should know that.  Seems to me that ever since he brought up his own "official pool" he has taken every opportunity to yell "SCAM" at the first sign of a hiccup even though we were the one pool from the very beginning that were supporting DonationCoin. If you have had coins that were not paid out please PM me and I will make sure you get them.

So on that note, we are SHUTTING DOWN our pool at the end of June, please withdrawal all coins you may have with us by the end of the month.  I've had enough and we've had too much unwarranted bad publicity from this one single DEV to continue on with DonationCoin.  If you check with any other Devs that we support you would see that we are legitimate.  In fact I welcome you to PM the DNotes or NobleCoin DEVS whom I have served the longest with for 4+ months now since we began.

Anyways, to the DonationCoin community, thank you for mining at CharityMiningPools, I do apologize for the occasional delayed payout.  Please cash out any remaining coins that you have on our site and PM me if you have any issues and I will be sure to answer them.

Thank You,
CharityMiningPools

As a pool operator myself I know how much work is involved in keeping pools running and even if CRON jobs are paused for a while they will simply catch up again once they are restarted, I'm not sure how you could be 'stealing' coins by stopping them.

Anyway, the free iSpace pool is still available at http://ispace.co.uk

Appreciate your response to this.  

Thank you, it definitely is not a setup and walk away type of business when running a pool.  When your juggling a family and full time job as well, sometimes the CRONS don't get restarted for a few hours.  As you stated, they all do catch up and no coins our shares are lost in the process.

Your CRONS were shutting down daily at different times and many users reported missing coins, payouts, etc.   Not just one or two or three users complained about missing coins, but multiple users came to us and were looking for answers that CharityMiningPools were not providing.  Also to be clear, Spencer the head developer of Donationcoin was NOT accusing you of stealing coins.  I'm the one who submitted that possibility as I know it can be done.
affordableweb

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:59:07 AM

Not much for updates from the Dev recently. How are things with Donationcoin these days? The price has taken a beating but thats made it easier to grab a lot of cheap coins. Any thoughts on what DON needs to move up?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: