Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:14:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Donationcoin (DON) | Revival | Cryptopia | Scrypt PoW  (Read 35418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shrekster

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:27:40 AM

Don is essential dead. People dont want to touch it because it has been heavily premined. I think the devs should let this one go.
Donationcoin (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:45:16 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 03:38:46 PM by Donationcoin

To say that Don is dead is an overstatement.

Each day more and more members join the Facebook group and we are currently up to 273 274 members.

Wallet connections from our nodes are also up in numbers.

Donationcoin block explorer is also going to be updated and an api implemented also.

Android and iOS wallets will also be released in the coming month or two.

In terms of the premine we are re-evaluating the use and purpose of this and we will inform the community with our intentions.

If anyone has any suggestions or questions, feel free to ask.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:44:30 AM

Is this coin dead now?
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:06:18 AM

Is this coin dead now?

Did you read our previous comment or is this simply a poor attempt at trolling?
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:12:06 PM

The brand new Donationcoin block explorer has been updated and will be going live at 10pm EST

This is a major update to our previous block explorer with an API and many other features.

We hope you enjoy using it.

http://explorer.donation-coin.org/
Donationcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:25:21 AM

http://explorer.donation-coin.org/ is now LIVE!!!!!!!!
DonDev

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:27:27 AM

People can see the live exchange prices on the side too. Smiley
Russell1

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:27:54 PM

Whats happening? Everyone hodling? Wink

HUG node HMSBnDVfZJgXUzLbbLjizDcUnug4f7yWtV
shrekster

Activity: 299

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:35:10 AM

Naw man I think its safe to say this coin is dead even if the devs dont think so. Too much premine kept the interest level to a minimum.
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:01:52 PM

I wish the whole community best of luck!!  Grin

lorenz2356

Activity: 206

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:11:31 AM

hi! is there any pool where i can mine? thanks

12KnK2YkdYTv8nKUT1pYivnmycyBCTQk74
reftop123

Activity: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:59:17 PM

Looks like there are no pools. Official pool is broken.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:58:09 PM

And will likely stay broken; the dev is now fully engaged in developing and promoting his latest revenue stream, SterlingCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721936.0.

Cheers

Graham
Sterlingcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:03:24 AM

And will likely stay broken; the dev is now fully engaged in developing and promoting his latest revenue stream, SterlingCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721936.0.

Cheers

Graham

It will not stay broken at all. I only now got notified by Muiz Rana that the hosting at GoDaddy had ceased. I am not happy at all with the late notification of this.

We are working on this ASAP.

Also very soon Donationcoin will be taken over fully by Steven Saxton.

The premine will be transferred to Steven Saxton and he will then dictate the future movement of Donationcoin.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 12:50:41 PM

It will not stay broken at all. I only now got notified by Muiz Rana that the hosting at GoDaddy had ceased. I am not happy at all with the late notification of this.
Sorry, I posted the issue as soon as I learned of it.

Also very soon Donationcoin will be taken over fully by Steven Saxton. The premine will be transferred to Steven Saxton and he will then dictate the future movement of Donationcoin.

It's a p2p network with an existing community, so I guess you mean “work with the community on further development” rather than “dictate the future movement”.

Cheers

Graham

CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:31:33 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 11:14:53 PM by CryptoCanary

Sorry, I posted the issue as soon as I learned of it.

Also very soon Donationcoin will be taken over fully by Steven Saxton. The premine will be transferred to Steven Saxton and he will then dictate the future movement of Donationcoin.

It's a p2p network with an existing community, so I guess you mean “work with the community on further development” rather than “dictate the future movement”.

Cheers

Graham

Yes, of course I will work with the existing Donationcoin community. By no means do I want, or will I let, the coin die. We are trying to get the hosting issue resolved ASAP.

Steven Saxton

xrnath

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:52:48 AM

Yes, of course I will work with the existing Donationcoin community. By no means do I want, or will I let, the coin die. We are trying to get the hosting issue resolved ASAP.

Steven Saxton

Hi CryptoCanary (and the Donationcoin community), has there been any recent updates with Donationcoin? TYIA.
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:27:28 PM

Steven Saxton

Hi CryptoCanary (and the Donationcoin community), has there been any recent updates with Donationcoin? TYIA.

Hi xrnath and Donationcoin community. Smiley Unfortunately, no new news. Fortunately, no bad news! Wink

I can tell you that Spencer still holds the premine. Recent events in my family, both medically and financially, has caused me to shy away from taking control of the premine as of now. Simply put, I do not want to take control of something while my time dedication is uncertain. This could change quickly and I do not mean to express any lack of interest to do so but, as of now, doing so might be detrimental.

On a better note, myself and some other miners are solo mining in the absence of the official pool and seeds are running. I did see a small amount of volume on bittrex recently, trading around 5-7 sat. In Donationcoins defense, some coins can only dream of that value. Smiley

Chris Sokolowski

Activity: 194

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 08:30:37 AM

I'm looking to set up a donationcoin node, but I can't get any connections.  Could someone list some active nodes?

Prohashing - Professional Mining Made Simple
Visit us at https://prohashing.com
Optimized for performance - 15 algorithms - Payouts in 200 coins - PPS, PPLNS, or solo
affordableweb

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:08:21 PM

As Graham said, this is a p2p community and I think it's on us members of the DON community who think its a project worth keeping to step up and do something about the situation. DON is effectively dead and has been for months. The website has been down for more than a month. The FB tipping app was a small handful of people passing around the same few coins. The whole "donation" aspect of this coin has been forgotten and literally nothing at all has been done since DEV abandoned us for his shiny new project which is also dying.

Even with the massive pre-mine this coin held promise but the lack of support from DEV and community killed it. I would be willing to take over hosting the website and block explorer on my own existing servers. I will also see what can be done about adding new pools and exchanges so we can get something going on here again. I will make contact with Spencer and Steven so we can work out the remaining issues and see if DON can either be revived or properly put to rest.

Is anyone still mining DON somewhere?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: