Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:57:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aimed at married couples or people living with your significant other  (Read 750 times)
pabpete (OP)

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:55:51 AM

What does your wife/husband/partner think about your bitcoin obsession? Are they in it with you whole heartedly? Do they help you with your obsession or shun it?

Just would like to hear some feedback. Personally, I'm married and 24 years old. My wife doesn't mind me messing with btc as long as we get me time, but she isn't as interested as I am in it. (I'm sure she'll pick up a little more interest if the price skyrockets and I buy her something nice with my little bit I have though Smiley )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:59:48 AM

Dude, get a dog.
huryde

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 02:01:19 AM

My wife thinks it's a sham. That is until I bought her a 200$ Target Gyft card and said here have a shopping spree. That quieted her up for a while.

pabpete (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:03:12 AM

They are always as excited as me Smiley

Everyone truly love bitcoins
awesome!  Grin if I had a little more invested in it and was making some decent coin, I think she would love it much more. (Especially if it means more shoes Wink )

But I haven't invested a single dollar and have close to .1 btc already in less than a month. So without an initial investment not to shabby. I just like learning how it works for now . Also interacting with the community.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:03:36 AM

What does your wife/husband/partner think about your bitcoin obsession? Are they in it with you whole heartedly? Do they help you with your obsession or shun it?

Just would like to hear some feedback. Personally, I'm married and 24 years old. My wife doesn't mind me messing with btc as long as we get me time, but she isn't as interested as I am in it. (I'm sure she'll pick up a little more interest if the price skyrockets and I buy her something nice with my little bit I have though Smiley )

My wife sees it as an expensive hobby of mine.
She is not thrilled with the money I've spent on mining equipment, but doesn't make a big deal out of it either.
We both have great careers, so she lets me have my fun.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:04:52 AM

I keep telling my wife bitcoin is great but she's just stuck on quarks and hobo nickels.  But she'll come around one day.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:05:30 AM

My husband, known on the forum as "BitchicksHusband" introduced me to Bitcoin a year ago.  I actually joined the forum before he did (hence his comical user name.)  

We are both pretty much "obsessed."  I can't say which one is more. I tend to get a little more emotional about the price swings but he has always been the more logical one and is pretty level headed about it.  He believes firmly in the fact that the price will rise substantially and I just "close my eyes" and enjoy the ride. Wink  I see the signs that it is going somewhere but we are so heavily invested that it does get a bit stressful.

We purchased a small amount right before the big rise in April.  I think seeing how fast the price could rise is what made me so excited about it.  We, like most people, have thoughts of how we could have done things differently (such as buy more up front) but it takes time to get used to how Bitcoin works and it all seems so speculative at first it is hard to throw much money in for many.   Once the next bubble hits your wife might be on here too.  She can be "PabpetesWife!"  Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:05:55 AM

My wife thinks it's a sham. That is until I bought her a 200$ Target Gyft card and said here have a shopping spree. That quieted her up for a while.

"Diamonds... That'll shut her up." - Ron white

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:07:02 AM

Bitchick, isnt your husband the guy who made that YouTube...

hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:14:30 AM

My wife is incredibly happy that I bought some bitcoin a while back.    We have some major hardships that money can solve, and so she convinced me to sell a portion to deal with one of them.  She checks the price frequently now.

pabpete (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:20:29 AM

My wife is incredibly happy that I bought some bitcoin a while back.    We have some major hardships that money can solve, and so she convinced me to sell a portion to deal with one of them.  She checks the price frequently now.
very compelling! Me and my wife are going through said hardship. Keeping my head up and trusting in the higher power that it will be solved and a lesson learned though!  Smiley
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:57:05 AM

very compelling! Me and my wife are going through said hardship. Keeping my head up and trusting in the higher power that it will be solved and a lesson learned though!  Smiley

Our policy is that we don't sell any unless it will be a huge change in our life, and then we sell only a small fraction.  I advise you to hold as long as you can.  If you can buy more, even better.

durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:02:00 AM

my girlfrined doesnt know about bitcoin because if the price ever skyrockets i dont want the chance of her knowing or begging me for money or it effecting us. and same if i lose money it wont effect us

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:09:02 AM

my girlfrined doesnt know about bitcoin because if the price ever skyrockets i dont want the chance of her knowing or begging me for money or it effecting us. and same if i lose money it wont effect us

Good thing you aren't married yet.  Secrets will kill a Bitcoin marriage!

And your girlfriend will probably break up with you once she finds out about your illicit Bitcoin affair.   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀