Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:44:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Gox  (Read 1268 times)
CryptoDomains (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
⇾ New Gox
April 30, 2014, 03:09:37 AM

So far it appears mtgox will be renamed New Gox which imo makes sense in terms of marketing and here is why. Regardless of your feelings there is value in the name and recognition, good or bad, its got value.

Adding NEW to it implies things have changed and thus New Gox, perfect.

As far as the deal moving forward, hurdles still and courts have to agree but even if you dislike it the chance they can rebound and investors get funds back and more is possible. They plan on expanding the coin list and so on, not just a redue but change.

So... support NEW GOX! Because continuing hate on a company willing to revive something is a good thing and may be good for a lot of people, big and small.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:45:42 AM

new gox? where u get that naming info
Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:55:34 AM

new gox? where u get that naming info

You may find the term in the following article.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2149500/bitcoin-traders-agree-to-settlement-in-mt-gox-classaction-suit.html
Under the plan, the investor group Sunlot Holdings will acquire Mt. Gox and establish a new Bitcoin exchange, dubbed “New Gox.”

shark255

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:52:09 AM

maybe it will be a good start !
CryptoDomains (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:47:14 AM

Sunlot based on what I read has named it New Gox.

I thought about it for a second and agreed the term "New" is a good idea, simply being gox is no longer as good as I mentioned above.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 07:15:29 PM

Sunlot based on what I read has named it New Gox.

I thought about it for a second and agreed the term "New" is a good idea, simply being gox is no longer as good as I mentioned above.

Regardless of the name, it's who'll be the figureHEAD and what actually money was put up front (if any) and from whom(s).

http://jezebel.com/inside-the-hollywood-sex-ring-mansion-from-the-bryan-si-1567755415

In an exclusive interview, Mike E. confirms having been forced to engage in anal and oral intercourse with Collins-Rector, Shackley, and Pierce while under the influence of drugs that he claims were fed to him without his knowledge.

While Collins-Rector, Shackley and 17-year-old executive vice president and former child star Brock Pierce were able to raise nearly $100 million in capital, they weren't able to deliver the technology they'd promised their big-name investors (like seeing a lamp in a video, and having the ability to click on it and buy it).

The above is what's in stored for all Mt Gox's customers - unable to delivered what was promised.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 08:25:21 PM

http://www.metalinternational.com/index.php?option=com_mysites&view=project&id=714

Pierce generally plays the role of strategist and dealmaker in each company after attracting the management teams and capital. He is currently an advisor to Casual Connect, GamesBeat, and Digital Media Wire. Pierce is also an active angel investor, a founding mentor of the Founder Institute’s L.A. chapter, and a member of SoCal Tech and Media Entertainment Technology Alliance. Pierce is an active supporter of non-profit and advocacy organizations and a member of Clinton Global Initiative.

Prior to entering the game business, Pierce co-founded Digital Entertainment Network (DEN), one of the first and most ambitious digital media companies. DEN raised more than $88 million from investors, including Microsoft, Intel Capital and NBC. He began his career as a successful Hollywood actor, starring or appearing in 12 major motion pictures, including The Mighty Ducks and First Kid, as well as many commercials.

Most of the $88M was squandered to produce Chad's World, based on a true story (seriously):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960743/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

A boy named Chad starts out living in Michigan. His best friend, Paul, is trying to decide if he should come out or not to his parents. He decides he's going to come out to his parents, and his parents are right-wing type, Midwest-type parents, and they don't take it very well.

http://www.ultraculture.co.uk/12376-welcome-to-chads-world-seann-william-scott.htm

In 1996, in the early days of the dot-com bubble, an American businessman named Marc Collins-Rector launched the Digital Entertainment Network, a sort of proto-YouTube producing ’26 original series aimed at teenage boy subcultures’. The company folded in 2000 after it became clear that Rector and his associates were using DEN’s profits to throw LA mansion parties at which they raped young boys, but not before it had a chance to spawn Chad’s World, a gay-interest webseries co-written by Rector himself.

Jim and Kevin inform Chad that they have a surprise waiting for him in his room. What could it possibly be? “Gee!” squeals Chad in delight upon seeing the gift.

Make no mistake, the above truly happened IRL, now the same gang is about to oversee Mt Gox or the New Gox or Mount Coxs.
sobriket

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:27:41 PM

Mount Coxs.
Thanks for the good laugh in these sad times!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 09:23:02 PM

Mount Coxs.
Thanks for the good laugh in these sad times!

Thanks, bud. To be clear, although it was penned for laughs, sadly it won't be a laughing matter when soon down the road fiction meets facts. Remember when Gox became a proper verb, i.e. Goxed/Goxxed? Mount Coxs is already virtually written in stone when you consider that only 16.5% of Mt Gox's customer's $/BTC is PROMISED to be returned over an X period of time. Hell, said should be a word problem on the SAT:

The former Mt Gox, renamed Mount Coxs, promises to return ONLY 16.5% of their money on account in the form of an equity stake. Should you...

A) Bend over and take it like a man.
B) Remain standing and take it like a girl.
C) Alternate between A) & B).
D) None and all of the above, plus open a new account at Mount Coxs because you understand Bitcoin.

CryptoDomains (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:52:12 PM

If every investment succeeded we'd all be rich.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 11:25:57 PM

If every investment succeeded we'd all be rich.

Has Mt Gox's customer been downgraded to a 16.5% -ROI investor status?

If a client put in $100 into Mt Gox prior to its closure, within several years they're expected to receive $16.50 and, if I'm not mistaken, they'll have to pay for such privilege. I would love to get in on some of that action, but unfortunately I have 1,132 BTC still tied up over at InstaWallet as one its non-customers (Paymium honestly stated that InstaWallet didn't have any customers).
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:30:07 AM

All I hear in my head is proceed with extreme caution...  Things are going to be very interesting while people watch to see where this is going.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 02:24:01 AM

All I hear in my head is proceed with extreme caution...  Things are going to be very interesting while people watch to see where this is going.

Pardon our dust while Brock Pierce remodels the New Gox.

CryptoDomains (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:15:48 AM

More and more reading New Gox as the new name, even recent court docs state to be renamed New Gox.

Again, think its great idea, new (evokes fresh start) + gox and all the ad money in the world couldn't get the publicity that name got...NewGox!
DrApricot

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:39:42 AM

You might as well call it New Titanic. Wink
CryptoDomains (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:35:05 PM

I don't think so, a lot of face to lose here now. Reopen, add coins, proper audits and additional services!

I think waiting on just Japan's court approval now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: