Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:16:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Risk of nuclear accidents is rising, says report on near-misses  (Read 1033 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 01:20:10 AM

If the world has a nuclear exchange, it will be between India and Pakistan.  Conflict between those two is inevitable.

Why do I say inevitable?  India needs water, and it is damming rivers to get it.  Those rivers flow into Pakistan, which also needs water.  Soon there will not be enough to go around.  Both countries are nuclear.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:36:26 AM

I would like to think there is a better way to fix that issue then go to nuclear war. 
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 02:51:15 AM

I would like to think there is a better way to fix that issue then go to nuclear war.  

Name it.  You have almost a couple billion people who would be hanging on your every word.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:05:34 AM

How about sharing the water equally?  I know I know it seems silly and simple.  From my point of view the same could be said about unnecessary death and nuclear war.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 03:13:28 AM

How about sharing the water equally?  I know I know it seems silly and simple.  From my point of view the same could be said about unnecessary death and nuclear war.

So let's say India has enough water for 1 billion people.  They need water for 1.2 billion people.

They can easily get the water for 1.2 billion people by building more dams.

Are they going to let 200,000,000 people die for Pakistan?  When they have the power to prevent those deaths?  A leader would have to be insane to come to an agreement to let two hundred million people die.  Meanwhile those dams will cause 200 million people to die in Pakistan.

I tell you my friend - there is a finite supply of water and not enough to go around.  War is inevitable.  

Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:15:17 AM

I tell you my friend - there is a finite supply of water and not enough to go around.  War is inevitable.  
Well, there's lots of water during the monsoon.
But of course they would need proper planning and some common sense.
That's not going to happen any time soon.

TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:24:10 AM

One day we will make up to a non near-miss
And then we are all dans la merde

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:04:29 AM

How about sharing the water equally?  I know I know it seems silly and simple.  From my point of view the same could be said about unnecessary death and nuclear war.

So let's say India has enough water for 1 billion people.  They need water for 1.2 billion people.

They can easily get the water for 1.2 billion people by building more dams.

Are they going to let 200,000,000 people die for Pakistan?  When they have the power to prevent those deaths?  A leader would have to be insane to come to an agreement to let two hundred million people die.  Meanwhile those dams will cause 200 million people to die in Pakistan.

Let's believe for a bit in science?
Improved fusion reactor and desalination plants might overcome this problem.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:57:13 PM

If the world has a nuclear exchange, it will be between India and Pakistan.  Conflict between those two is inevitable.

Why do I say inevitable?  India needs water, and it is damming rivers to get it.  Those rivers flow into Pakistan, which also needs water.  Soon there will not be enough to go around.  Both countries are nuclear.

I agree with the first part of your post, but disagree with the second part.

India mostly depends upon River Ganges and River Brahmaputra for water. R. Ganges originate within India, while R. Brahmaputra originates in Tibet. China is currently considering to construct a major dam in Brahmaputra, which will divert most of its water.

On the other hand, Pakistan depends upon R. Indus for most of its water needs. Some 75% of its waters originate within Pakistan, some 15% in Tibet and the remaining in India.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: