Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:25:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking News: Mark Karpeles of Mt Gox hanging himself with a network cable.  (Read 1378 times)
jinjuro

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:07:23 AM

No way he would commit suicide. He has millions in his wallet.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:29:17 AM

No way he would commit suicide. He has millions in his wallet.  Smiley

You hear that Official Executioner? Make sure you use the appropriate amount of sand. We don't want to have a similar Oklahoma incident to answer to.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:29:57 AM

for people who've got tons of btc without much effort I don't think it should that bad for them, but there are (and I think they are very few) who bought such amount of BTC at high $$$

I disagree with that. It doesn't matter whether the users got their bitcoins for $0.1 or for $1,200. What really matters is that they lost Bitcoins, when the same was going at $900 per coin.
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:36:59 AM

http://www.dailytech.com/Bitcoin+King+Pt+II+Mt+Goxs+Dictator+Karpels+Proves+Tragically+Flawed/article34452.htm

Bear in mind, these boastful blogs came just months after he had been fired for the second time in just two years and having blogged that he had seriously considering hanging himself with a network cable from a high-rise window.

Of all the times he has looked in the mirror, how could he missed seeing that his plan won't work. The noose would slip off.

He has no neck! No wonder it would just slip right off his head.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:51:04 PM

http://www.dailytech.com/Bitcoin+King+Pt+II+Mt+Goxs+Dictator+Karpels+Proves+Tragically+Flawed/article34452.htm

Bear in mind, these boastful blogs came just months after he had been fired for the second time in just two years and having blogged that he had seriously considering hanging himself with a network cable from a high-rise window.

Of all the times he has looked in the mirror, how could he missed seeing that his plan won't work. The noose would slip off.

He has no neck! No wonder it would just slip right off his head.

Hence the OP. FYI, he does have a neck, but this particular camera angle of him fits perfectly with the quote, so I juxtaposed the two. At least we all learnt that the noose option is still available, thus there's still hope.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:14:46 PM

I call cable cruelty, why would you want to make the cable suffer that much by hanging Mark with it ? poor cable Sad
carpe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:37:23 PM

My friend is a psychiatrist. He told me that if some guy is serious about suicide, then he will never tell his intentions to anyone. On the other hand, some of the attention seekers try to get cheap publicity by threatening that they'll commit suicide.

Yeah, that seems on point.  Smiley At least give the btc back before that! fml.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:04:27 AM

At least give the btc back before that! fml.

The coins are gone my friend, and no one can get them back. That is the problem with Bitcoin. Once it is stolen, it can never be recovered. (Off course, unless the thief send them back  Grin).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: