Bitcoin Forum
August 07, 2024, 07:05:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin @ MIT  (Read 2555 times)
UglyTroll

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:19:38 PM

Come on man, don't be jealous, haha
Catastrough

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:17:24 PM

Though I do think that it would be very interesting to do 'Bitcoin MIT' in the equivalent university in the UK, Germany, China, India and so forth. If we want Bitcoin to become truly global, and not just an American phenomena that is.
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:20:32 AM

It's interesting what MIT is doing. I don't think it will substantially raise the price, but it is good all around for the community. There needs to be bigger projects to impact the price.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:15:33 AM

It's interesting what MIT is doing. I don't think it will substantially raise the price, but it is good all around for the community. There needs to be bigger projects to impact the price.

The MIT project was aimed to popularize Bitcoin. Raising the exchange rates was not one of its objectives. Once Bitcoin gets popular among the general population, the exchange rate will automatically increase.
wesk1212

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:58:01 PM

mit is the leading technology school in the world
Excuse the fuck out of me, but have you heard of CalTech which consistently ranks higher than MIT?

So much MIT fanboy dick-hoping here, jesus control your tits everyone.

Wow college ranking. yup thats so significant

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:58:03 AM

Excuse the fuck out of me, but have you heard of CalTech which consistently ranks higher than MIT?

Yeah we are all MIT fanboys. Never mind that the story we are discussing is happening at MIT.  Roll Eyes 

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:43:55 PM

Yeah we are all MIT fanboys. Never mind that the story we are discussing is happening at MIT.  Roll Eyes 

lol.... Snax had his 2 minutes of fame. Now we can all add his name to the ignore list. And WTF CalTech has to do with the Bitcoin give-aways? Who cares whether they rank better than the MIT or not? CalTech fanboys can suck Buffet's ####.  Grin
jwcastle

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:22:51 PM

Having a highly prestigious university such as MIT speak about bitcoins is very significant in terms of the worldview. This is reason why I suspect that the value of bitcoins increased 25% within the last three weeks.

Anyone from just about anywhere in the world probably has heard of MIT.

BitcoinEval.com - Evaluate your Bitcoin earnings
CPR
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:46:45 PM

Having a highly prestigious university such as MIT speak about bitcoins is very significant in terms of the worldview. This is reason why I suspect that the value of bitcoins increased 25% within the last three weeks.

Anyone from just about anywhere in the world probably has heard of MIT.

Who is MIT?
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:40:24 PM

I watched the whole conference. If you want a brief summary (or video link) check bitprize.org
In general there were 4 topics: intro, legal and technical. The last part shows a starting information on how to make bitcoin products/services, which is the most interesting. If you are in the US, then the legal part is also very interesting  Smiley

Price influence is long term. From a presentation:

We are now in the early adaptors phase according to one of the presenters, so we are in the investors, crypto-anarchists or the creators.   If you are a day trader this has no influence.

Very nice, i think i were in the cripto anarchist phase in mid 2013 when bitcoin was 100 usd because some people made fun of me for having coins Smiley , any time before 2013 was the tech entusiast
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: