Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 01:38:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Declining Hashrates with VPS --- How can I fix it?  (Read 464 times)
Punktonic (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:24:19 PM

Hey all.  I'm newbing it up still, and practicing with free trial VPS before I invest money into a mining rig.  The problem I keep having, is a declining hashrate. 

Some of the VPS I set up were clocking 5k and more the first time I connected them.  I had to close the session to restart my computer, and when I reconnected my hashrate fell in half.  Then the next time I had to close the session and start again, it feel even more.  Now my best performing VPS that was at 5k+ is now averaging around 0.56k.  This has happened with all of the 14 VPS' I have running right now.

Can anyone tell me why this happens and how I can fix it? 

Appreciate any help!
BTCLotto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:28:04 PM

Are you allowed to be mining on them? Maybe the owners don't like you using 100% CPU hogging resources.

http://BitcoinValue.net-Bitcoin Price Calculator and in-depth blog on Bitcoin Economics/Value.
Punktonic (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:07:05 PM

Do you mean the hosting providers?  If mining is against their TOS I'm pretty sure they just cut you off.  Can't imagine them doing something to limit the processing capabilities of the VPS' because it would negate the point of offering free trials if they did that.

BTCLotto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:23:41 PM

Do you mean the hosting providers?  If mining is against their TOS I'm pretty sure they just cut you off.  Can't imagine them doing something to limit the processing capabilities of the VPS' because it would negate the point of offering free trials if they did that.

I know for fact they don't always just cut you off. Read the TOS no doubt it say's something about throttling back cpu usage if abused.

http://BitcoinValue.net-Bitcoin Price Calculator and in-depth blog on Bitcoin Economics/Value.
Punktonic (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:47:03 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 01:09:19 AM by Punktonic

Okay.  Will do.  Thanks.

But I don't think it's that though.  The hashrate seems to have decreased across all of the VPS I have running, even though they're not all the same service provider. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: