Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:36:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CENT] Pennies relaunched  (Read 114973 times)
xchange

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:48:59 AM

i also have this problem ago, just wait more time, it will be ok after 10 min.
but you should withdraw all coin to a new wallet.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:35:58 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 11:01:40 AM by id10tothe9

hm I had it open for while but I'll try again, thanks for the tip!

edit: alrighty! took a while longer but worked now  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
JimmyS

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:03:29 AM

Strange.  I was surprised by an earlier post that CENT is once again showing up in Cryptsy balances and tested a deposit.  Worked well and fast.

I then wrote cryptsy and asked if they plan on opening the market, and if so, which one.  I just received this reply:

Thank you for contacting us!

Currently there are no plans or re opening the CENT market. Should there be any in the future, we will surely announce it on our blog, chat, or twitter.

I will escalate this ticket to our 2nd tier support. We will to send all your CENT coins to your external wallet in bulk soon. Please provide the address where you want us to send your CENT coins. Thank you

Sincerely,
Gretchen
Cryptsy.com

Does anyone have any information about the CENT future with Cryptsy to share?
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:13:41 AM

hm I had it open for while but I'll try again, thanks for the tip!

edit: alrighty! took a while longer but worked now  Grin

You should also click the Command Line Banking button on the opened client using the damaged wallet and type repairwallet and press return. It may well have some coins to reclaim that never made it onto the blockchain in an earlier attempt.

As xchange suggests it's best to move any coins to a brand new wallet after getting that startup message because otherwise it tries to rescan on every startup.
ecfxmarket

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:54:35 PM

I believe cryptsy will re-open the CENT market. Rozu, excellent job... Dare to be different! All this project needs is the proper dedication... Not a fork. Cryptsy will release your coins because they are FINCEN registered. They cannot hold your property hostage! They would not have re-opened the wallet on the balance page if they didn't have a plan of some sort. I am the Dev. of Sovereigncoin (SVC) (sovereigncoin.co) and I was able to get us established within several exchanges and paired with several coins when no one believed in us. My team currently holds 1% of CENT in circulation and will help to support the cent community by following the same suit as we did with SVC. Buy while it's low like we did to spark the interest of the rest of the crypto community and continue to bring innovative outlets for realistic use of the coin. Don't give up the fight. Cool
caulfield

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:17:42 PM

Hi all. Can't open my pennies wallet. I have very old wallet.dat, it was on 2 or 3 different pennies client. Download new wallet, download all blocks, when replace my wallet.dat it has "warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect." I press "ok" and then w8 hour, 2 hours but it just closed...Help pls Huh
zupis

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:55:30 PM

Strange.  I was surprised by an earlier post that CENT is once again showing up in Cryptsy balances and tested a deposit.  Worked well and fast.

I then wrote cryptsy and asked if they plan on opening the market, and if so, which one.  I just received this reply:

Thank you for contacting us!

Currently there are no plans or re opening the CENT market. Should there be any in the future, we will surely announce it on our blog, chat, or twitter.

I will escalate this ticket to our 2nd tier support. We will to send all your CENT coins to your external wallet in bulk soon. Please provide the address where you want us to send your CENT coins. Thank you

Sincerely,
Gretchen
Cryptsy.com

Does anyone have any information about the CENT future with Cryptsy to share?

I have received this message too and my ticket is for 2 months without any response from Cryptsy. The ticket is 4 months old. But i still hope, that I will see my CENTs soon.
Petr1fied

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:09:35 PM

It's just a canned (copy & paste) response.
rdcpsi

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:06:32 PM

Hi all. Can't open my pennies wallet. I have very old wallet.dat, it was on 2 or 3 different pennies client. Download new wallet, download all blocks, when replace my wallet.dat it has "warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect." I press "ok" and then w8 hour, 2 hours but it just closed...Help pls Huh

Backup your wallet.dat just in case...
Then from a command prompt try running: piggybank -salvagewallet
tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:56:33 AM

Hello:  Is it possible to mine these now?  Solo or pool?  Can anyone advise instructions for solo?

undermine not worth it.
The only way to get it is to buy in Swisscex CENTs
tevayo

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:48:04 AM

So how can this not be possible to mine?

CENT is PoS, not sure if it can undermine or not (read other forum pages), but if possible, the performance is VERY LOW
Petr1fied

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:39:30 PM

So how can this not be possible to mine?

Possible yes, but 100% pointless.

You get just 1 CENT for mining a block by Proof Of Work and on SwissCEX the current price is between 0.0000105 and 0.000015 DOGE per coin.

If you want to mine CENT then you're better off just buying several billion with DOGE and holding them in your wallet where they'll grow by way of Proof Of Stake at ~9 day intervals.
Petr1fied

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:21:22 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 03:37:31 PM by Petr1fied

1) I downloaded the latest wallet version but it gets stuck trying to download the block chain.  Dont know what to do.

It can take a fair while to download all the blocks. There are 481,267 blocks as I type this. If you're syncing for the first time you should follow these instructions here.

2) What is the percentage for POS for 9 day intervals?

You don't get that many coins from staking but it's definitely better than trying to PoW mine. Based upon my most recent stakes it looks like:

Code:
Original transaction x 1.0003 = returned amount

So 1 billion coins would generate ~300,000 extra coins when it stakes. You would get 2 new transactions, each of ~500,150,000 when it stakes, these new transactions would then be eligible to stake ~9 days later.

Each time you stake your transaction count doubles, this is why PoS becomes more dominant after a while because it creates ever more transactions which need to stake on each cycle.

3) How do I know if I am on the correct fork?  I left my coins on Swisscex because I was scared to download to my wallet in the past because of the many problems that had occured.  Thanks again.

You can check your block count either here or here  or maybe even request some free coins from the faucet to test your wallet. SwissCEX was fully in sync last I checked.

acejudas

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:17:46 PM

1) I downloaded the latest wallet version but it gets stuck trying to download the block chain.  Dont know what to do.

It can take a fair while to download all the blocks. There are 481,267 blocks as I type this. If you're syncing for the first time you should follow these instructions here.

2) What is the percentage for POS for 9 day intervals?

You don't get that many coins from staking but it's definitely better than trying to PoW mine. Based upon my most recent stakes it looks like:

Code:
Original transaction x 1.0003 = returned amount

So 1 billion coins would generate ~300,000 extra coins when it stakes. You would get 2 new transactions, each of ~500,150,000 when it stakes, these new transactions would then be eligible to stake ~9 days later.

Each time you stake your transaction count doubles, this is why PoS becomes more dominant after a while because it creates ever more transactions which need to stake on each cycle.

3) How do I know if I am on the correct fork?  I left my coins on Swisscex because I was scared to download to my wallet in the past because of the many problems that had occured.  Thanks again.

You can check your block count either here or here  or maybe even request some free coins from the faucet to test your wallet. SwissCEX was fully in sync last I checked.

Very good news. Thanks for all the hard work Cheesy
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:14:57 AM

Good old Pennies [CENT] has been added for trading on our online exchange.
All feedback on the exchange is very appreciated.

https://alcurex.com/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458732.0
tevayo

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:59:14 AM

Hi:  Everything is working perfectly now.  What if in between the 9 days I shut down my computer and restart my wallet?  I tend to do this every few days.

You can do it (I do every day) and I get interest every 9 days.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 01:44:11 PM

Just downloaded the new wallet, the redownload of blockchain worked flawlessly and no problems.  Great work! Smiley
PoS worked perfectly on my old wallet.dat that had some CENT from last year in it and no bugs noticed yet Cheesy

Waiting on cryptsy now to give me the rest of my coins back.... (thought they might have processed withdrawals by now, but still nothing)

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Rozu (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:11:35 PM

hi, all, sorry again for my delay response, I'm very busy on my full-time job for these days.
if i have free time, i will release new android wallet first , and analyze the debug.log reported from some, if i found there are some bugs, I will release new version.

there are some different ideas about the division, but the first problem is that i have no ability to create new icon, if some give me new icon and new name, i will try to release new coin for testing.
rdcpsi

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:20:21 PM

hi, all, sorry again for my delay response, I'm very busy on my full-time job for these days.
if i have free time, i will release new android wallet first , and analyze the debug.log reported from some, if i found there are some bugs, I will release new version.

there are some different ideas about the division, but the first problem is that i have no ability to create new icon, if some give me new icon and new name, i will try to release new coin for testing.

I'd suggest placeholders for images and the coin name during testing followed by, or concurrent with, a community judged competition for the theming, images, icons and naming with a prize funded by donations for the release version. All of which would help raise awareness that Pennies is both being actively developed and is evolving.
meccoin4me

Activity: 504

Bitcoin is getting bigcoin

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:38:55 PM

on my comp. i am a little afraid to put the wallet online so how many times in a month i need to put the wallet online on an other ( safe ) comp. bto recieve some staking???

I wan't thank rozu for his great work

and all others who have helped to bring cent a little more to life

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0  DELTACREDITS , great coin , great idea behind
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: