Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NO more Coin DEV names. All coin DEV's should be transparent  (Read 1090 times)
garmin (OP)

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:28:26 PM

Since so many coin dev's turn out to be scammers All coin DEV's should use their real BCT name and not a scam name.

If miners stop mining coins with DEV names, the repeat offenders wont be able to scam without recourse.

If you have developed a real coin with a real benefit to the crypto community you should not be ashamed to use you're real BCT name.
I'm not saying you need to give your surname or address and phone number "although that would be transparent as it should be" Just use a real
BCT name and put you're real BCT reputation up on the block for all to see.

Would you Invest your time and resources in the New york stock exchange or the like if you brokers name was NYSTOCKcoin and was totally anonymous? I think NOT! 

Let's draw a line in the sand and hold the coin DEV's responsible for scam coins. The cream will rise to the surface and the scammers will be gone along with the never-ending barrage of shitcoin's and scams.

Opinions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jjj0923

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:30:54 PM

I agree - I send people a link to my linked in profile when I'm communicating with PM - there should be some transparency with people who want us to invest our assets (mining equipment) in their coins.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
MCOnyx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:35:15 PM

Definitely yes.

VidioShare:  VHQRWnpV2MX9WBEnR5NbF4D2gqfkAZbW1H

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QWfwFHPJ2GMnW5cMCY6RA7vkfQsBS1P4aL
Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. StF84GSmES8FSNQdTdhse95CdEYrngdro9
garmin (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:36:37 PM

I agree - I send people a link to my linked in profile when I'm communicating with PM - there should be some transparency with people who want us to invest our assets (mining equipment) in their coins.

Seems like a simple solution to me. The real quality devs will get the recognition they deserve and the scammers will begin to go away little by little.

At least it's a start!
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:39:56 PM

Seems like a simple solution to me. The real quality devs will get the recognition they deserve and the scammers will begin to go away little by little.

At least it's a start!

I see you're a "Garmin Newby" instead of a 'Garmin Nuvi' - LOL

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
roadies

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:42:37 PM

At least it's a start!

I lol'd. +1
DigiByte
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:46:59 PM

We completely agree! That is why we have been transparent since the beginning with DigiByte!

Jared LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jared-tate/90/9aa/257

NYC Cryptocurrency convention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkWVD8MJlS0

platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

Since so many coin dev's turn out to be scammers All coin DEV's should use their real BCT name and not a scam name.

If miners stop mining coins with DEV names, the repeat offenders wont be able to scam without recourse.

If you have developed a real coin with a real benefit to the crypto community you should not be ashamed to use you're real BCT name.
I'm not saying you need to give your surname or address and phone number "although that would be transparent as it should be" Just use a real

Would you Invest your time and resources in the New york stock exchange or the like if you brokers name was NYSTOCKcoin and was totally anonymous? I think NOT! 

Let's draw a line in the sand and hold the coin DEV's responsible for scam coins. The cream will rise to the surface and the scammers will be gone along with the never-ending barrage of shitcoin's and scams.

Opinions?
Good point, mate! +1 from me.
garmin (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:50:09 PM

At least it's a start!

Yes I'm kinda new to posting. Been lurking for a while. But I'm not asking anyone to point a 10,000 dollar mining rig at a coin or spend bitcoin on a coin IPO. The DEV's are! I have 3 TH/s now and started with a few USB erupters. I didn't work my way up to the high end equipment I have being fooled by scammers.

Nothing wrong with being a Noob... Foolish is another story! The fools are fueling the scams...

Also this thread just got moved from ANN to Alternate cryptocurrencies. Funny how the BCT mod's will let every shitcoin scammer post whatever.
Yet they move a productive post and try to bury it. Make me wonder who's in charge and what their motives are...
altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:57:40 PM

I completely agree. The need for privacy is maintained but at least some amount of accountablility and credibility could be established this way.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

Wishful thinking at best. What's the incentive for the "dev" to do something like that?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:37:16 PM

Wishful thinking at best. What's the incentive for the "dev" to do something like that?

I hate to be pessimistic, but yeah, this. ^

The scams will likely work either way. This thread is good advice for newbies and such though.
DigiByte
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:40:56 PM

While we can't speak for other coins, but Jared going public has been very beneficial to DigiByte. By being open, transparent and reachable we are now being approached almost on a daily basis by new investors, developers and outside media personal who are interested in crypto currencies.

They have all said the trust factor is huge by putting names and a face behind a coin. In these chaotic times it is a huge selling point for a coin.

garmin (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:07:44 PM

If they don't use a real BCT account don't mine the coin. Obviously miners have to make a decision to not support coins that
don't follow at least a loose set of guidelines.

We could even become our own group. Something like the Alt coin guild. Members don't mine or trade coins unless they meet a limited set
of rules.

1. must have source code

2. must pass virus scan

3. must use real BCT username.

Just to name a few etc etc..

If conditions are met they get a altcoin miners guild stamp of approval prior to launch.

If the DEV's won't police themselves let's start a group and do it our self. A group of elite miners that only mine coins that meet certain criteria.
The exchanges don't seem to be doing a good job of filtering the wheat from the chaff...
I would even pay a small fee to be a member if it helped eliminate scam coins.

Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:43:28 PM

If the DEV's won't police themselves let's start a group and do it our self. A group of elite miners that only mine coins that meet certain criteria.
The exchanges don't seem to be doing a good job of filtering the wheat from the chaff...
That runs counter to decentralization. That last part about the fee is also a big red flag. Why would someone trust this Altcoin Guild, when you can easily make it sound like the scam it's intended to prevent?

Besides, I'm guessing that several miners don't mind it being a scam because they just want the BTC waiting for them at the first pump.
garmin (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:58:19 PM

That runs counter to decentralization. That last part about the fee is also a big red flag. Why would someone trust this Altcoin Guild, when you can easily make it sound like the scam it's intended to prevent?

Besides, I'm guessing that several miners don't mind it being a scam because they just want the BTC waiting for them at the first pump.

BTC can't even seem to gain real traction because it's all considered a scam and a ponzi scheme by the general population.
If this does not change the mainstream will not adopt it. decentralization does not mean no rules. You can have standards and still be decentralized...

a loose example is USB, it's used by anybody and everybody... With centralized standards. yet it's decentralized in the computer world.
Stick56

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Hoping to see another sunrise from home!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:04:01 PM

Thread is a good idea but I'm sure we know no mater how hard we try scammers will never go away. We can try but let's not fool ourselves. Crypto has and most likely will always have a large membership of people that are a bit shady and looking for ways to make a quick buck.

I can say this because I am no angel and never have been if Mother Nature had not finally kicked my ass to the ground I'd probably still be of that frame of mind. Now I just enjoy learning about cryptos it's very interestingly but I'll never make a lot of money  from it, don't have enough to be a big player. Also remember most of the time it take a scammer or exsammer to catch one at a new game to even the playing ground.  

JMO, not even worth a nickel to anyone but myself anymore lol

Ps: this list and thread might end up being the largest on the forum!
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 09:33:44 PM

If they don't use a real BCT account don't mine the coin. Obviously miners have to make a decision to not support coins that
don't follow at least a loose set of guidelines.

We could even become our own group. Something like the Alt coin guild. Members don't mine or trade coins unless they meet a limited set
of rules.

1. must have source code

2. must pass virus scan

3. must use real BCT username.

Just to name a few etc etc..

If conditions are met they get a altcoin miners guild stamp of approval prior to launch.

You are forgetting that in a free market like this, its economically driven, not by moral standards. If a group doesnt mine the coin, so be it... others will. If its profitable, it will be sold to the greater fool or the well thought out long termer. When enough coins wash and rinse like that, it will deem no longer profitable and the frequency of launches will reduce. There is no need for a "union" to give a "seal of approval" and shit like that. Why on earth would a bunch of elite join a group to boycott profitable coins? That's just wrong on so many levels!

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:52:07 PM

Opinions?

Yeah & Yeah +10000
garmin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:30:56 AM

We completely agree! That is why we have been transparent since the beginning with DigiByte!

Jared LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jared-tate/90/9aa/257

NYC Cryptocurrency convention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkWVD8MJlS0

Props for owning your work.. Good honest work does not need to hide behind a throw away name. Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: