Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing Fans... Top 10 Pound for Pound? (updated 6/16/2017) & betting discussions  (Read 6857 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:40:46 AM

I think Timothy Bradley and Mayweather would be a good fight because Floyd rarely fights someone with fast hands.  The only person right now that I think could pose a huge threat to dethroning him is Erislandy Lara, and Floyd would never fight him. He doesn't have a big enough draw, and he is way too dangerous for Floyd. Too much downside with not much upside for him in that fight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:17:17 PM

Would you guys prefer to see a Mayweather Jr. vs. Maidana rematch, or would you prefer to see him fight Amir Khan?   

Amir Khan definitely has a questionable chin, but Mayweather hasn't knocked a guy out in a very long time.   He knocked out Victor Ortiz, but Ortiz wasn't paying attention and was talking to the referee at the time.

Mayweather Jr. hasn't fought someone with quick hands like Khan since he fought Shane Mosley (who was past his prime).   Mosely, I think was the last person to actually have Mayweather really in trouble.   If you remember, in the 2nd round (I believe), Mayweather almost went down and was really shaky for a while. 
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:51:45 AM

He's the best heavyweight hands down, but I don't think he's nearly the best fighter. There is almost 0 competition for him. The deepest divisions right now are 140, 147, and 154.

I would place him at least in #3 or #4, and definitely not at #7. And talking about the competition, it is not his fault that there is no quality opponent available to take him.  Grin
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:06:42 PM

He's the best heavyweight hands down, but I don't think he's nearly the best fighter. There is almost 0 competition for him. The deepest divisions right now are 140, 147, and 154.

I would place him at least in #3 or #4, and definitely not at #7. And talking about the competition, it is not his fault that there is no quality opponent available to take him.  Grin

He's good, but in terms of hand speed, and movement, he doen't really move.   He just walks straight forward and cuts off the ring.   He also doesn't fight on the inside, he just clinches and grabs.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:07:46 PM

Do you guys think that Maidana deserves a rematch against Mayweather?   I had the fight as basically a draw, and I think an argument can be made for either guy getting the win.   I think a rematch would be boring, because Mayweather would just run this whole time, and pop shot Maidana from the outside...
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:47:37 PM

Big fight coming on in a few minutes... Carl Froch vs. George Groves (the rematch).  I think it is sold out in Wembly Stadium in the UK. I have been excited for this rematch since the first fight because the ref robbed Groves the last time with the early stoppage...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:45:40 AM

Big fight coming on in a few minutes... Carl Froch vs. George Groves (the rematch).  I think it is sold out in Wembly Stadium in the UK. I have been excited for this rematch since the first fight because the ref robbed Groves the last time with the early stoppage...

Watched it on TV. It was a great fight!

keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:07:46 PM

The WBA has approved a July fight between Golovkin and Geale.   This is great news as it will be Golovkin's biggest fight to date.   It isn't of the same magnitude of a Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fight, but it is the next best thing, and about as good as we are going to get for July...
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:10:03 PM

Watched it on TV. It was a great fight!

Man, that was a great fight...I was really pulling for Groves...was bummed that Froch won, because Froch won't fight Ward (again) or Golovkin.   Groves would accept all challenges...
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:19:08 PM

I cannot believe that Cotto dominated Sergio Martinez like that.   Sergio needs to retire...  I thought for sure that he was going to destroy Cotto.

This sets Cotto up for potentially a Mayweather rematch (which is unlikely), a PacMan rematch (which is possible given that they both are able to work with Top Rank), a Canelo Alvarez fight, or a GGG fight.

Any of the above would be great fights.   

Cotto looked better than ever before, as this was a career defining fight.   He stamped his ticket into the boxing hall of fame with this last victory.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:46:02 AM

Wow, Provodnikov got shocked by Algieri via a split decision.   This was supposed to be a walk in the park for Provodnikov.  Algieri was pretty impressive picking himself off the mat twice in the first round to outwork him for the rest of the fight.   I thought Provodnikov definitely won the fight.  

So much for a PacMan showdown for him.
togaldo

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:10:42 AM

Manny Pacquiao who had a lot of titles.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:26:15 AM

Still want to see him fight Mayweather, although it is never going to happen.   I think the Manny of a few years ago had a better than 60% chance of winning.   I think his chances of winning now, are somewhere in the 15-20% chance.
estong

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:36:03 AM

no other than Manny Pacquiao. The great boxer ever.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:46:05 AM

Still want to see him fight Mayweather, although it is never going to happen.   I think the Manny of a few years ago had a better than 60% chance of winning.   I think his chances of winning now, are somewhere in the 15-20% chance.

Mayweather's ability also decrease based on his fight with Maidana. Mayweather almost loss fighting a class c fighter.

keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:11:23 AM

Mayweather's ability also decrease based on his fight with Maidana. Mayweather almost loss fighting a class c fighter.

Maidana isn't class C, look at his fight resume. He also ran through Broner who everyone was saying was the heir to Mayweather's throne. Mayweather's head was also not in the game as he had just found out his ex had his twins aborted.
iCE-creamy

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:12:22 AM

Axel Schulz, not  Grin
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:06:36 PM

Did any of you catch the Terrence Crawford vs. Gamboa fight?   It was definitely a fight of the year candidate.   I was hoping that Gamboa would win, so that 50 cent could get more of a name in the fight promoting game.   I don't like how it is all currently run basically by Al Haymon, Top Rank, and Golden Boy.

Crawford is better than any other lightweight in the game right now.   I think he would have trouble stepping up to 140 though.   He would be a good fight against Danny Garcia, but I think Garcia is too big for Crawford.
jets567

Activity: 1008
Merit: 511

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:41:07 AM

Mayweather, Canelo and Golovkin are my favorite boxers to watch right now

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:32:09 AM

Mayweather, Canelo and Golovkin are my favorite boxers to watch right now

I think I am right there with you. I really like Lucas Mattyse. I want him to get a Danny Garcia rematch. Lucas's fight last month was the fight of the year so far
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: