Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:09:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra REFUNDED— People Asking for refunds.. NEWS UPDATE!!!  (Read 9127 times)
copychicken (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:39:42 AM

cointerra send me a .png file showing a bank transaction.. i will verify this on monday or tuesday,
cause i dont know how many days it takes to an international transfer...

If the png is true.. then cointerra just has to ask people for more time..
I dont think anyone would refuse...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

copychicken (OP)

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:46:05 AM

Should subject line be a little bit different if there's no court documents supporting it.
Maybe just "People Asking for refunds.. Ows me 6500$ "

100 BTC says Cointerra won't run around on message boards posting message threatening to sue posters for libel or slander.

Any takers?

i actually received a message from user cointerra... you just lost 100 btc...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

copychicken (OP)

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:47:37 AM

this forum, only from rumours ,can put down/up prices of the coins..
its the biggest community for btc , and you think companies dont watch that forum? lol

almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:39:45 AM

I do believe that Oxenbauls is on it...

Huh

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:54:37 AM

I wait on a refund from Terramine Hosting ( Sister company for Hosting from Cointerra) .

Has anybody knowlledge about  them?

I wait now since 120 days.

W*F
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:37:36 PM

Should subject line be a little bit different if there's no court documents supporting it.
Maybe just "People Asking for refunds.. Ows me 6500$ "
100 BTC says Cointerra won't run around on message boards posting message threatening to sue posters for libel or slander.

Any takers?
i actually received a message from user cointerra... you just lost 100 btc...

If English isn't your strong suit, then you should be careful what you say, lest you make grievous errors.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
copychicken (OP)

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:13:34 AM

FINALLY... its the 4600 euro in the middle... well i had paid 4889 but some bank transactions, some dollar-euro changing..
    better than nothing...

Well done cointerra, although a little late... and we got a lot of headstrokes..

Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:27:11 AM

I'm happy that you received your refund. I hope I get mine soon.  Smiley
brush242

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:54:01 AM

FINALLY... its the 4600 euro in the middle... well i had paid 4889 but some bank transactions, some dollar-euro changing..better than nothing...

Well done cointerra, although a little late... and we got a lot of headstrokes..

So, let me get this straight. Cointerra isn't bankrupt? They aren't scamming people? Nothing big is behind it?

Imagine that.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
brush242

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:09:10 PM

FINALLY... its the 4600 euro in the middle... well i had paid 4889 but some bank transactions, some dollar-euro changing..better than nothing...

So, let me get this straight. Cointerra isn't bankrupt? They aren't scamming people? Nothing big is behind it?

Imagine that.
lol, the sky ISNT falling??

How long were u waiting in total, copychicken??

No, it isn't. I believe that Earth (read: Cointerra) was saved by the intervention of one Barrister MacPhilip Oxenbauls.

Who is also a cardinal in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster: http://www.venganza.org/about/

All Hail Mac Oxenbauls!!

copychicken (OP)

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:38:26 PM

i applied at the 10 of march.. and received it in 6 of may...

I saw people whining and crying over 0.001 deposits... so yes
i had the right to complain and cry for 6500usd.. when a company didnt pay me for a whole month...
and put me on hold for another...

brush242

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:56:34 PM

i applied at the 10 of march.. and received it in 6 of may...

I saw people whining and crying over 0.001 deposits... so yes
i had the right to complain and cry for 6500usd.. when a company didnt pay me for a whole month...
and put me on hold for another...

No one suggested that you did not have the right to complain. Of course you did.

What you actually did though was post some lies: that Cointerra is bankrupt, that Cointerra is scamming people, and the ominous, "there's sommmmmeee thiiiiiiing biiiiiiiig" behind it. When, in reality none of that was true. Even in this post, you note that you saw "...people whining and crying over 0.001 deposits..." who was a) making deposits worth about 43 cents, b) accepting deposits worth about 43 cents, and c) was whinging about losing about 43 cents?

For someone who was happy to emptily threaten a lawsuit, you certainly put yourself in the position of being on the receiving end of one.

copychicken (OP)

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:23:59 PM

i ve seen people crying on exchanges for 0.0001 btc not verified etc..... thats what i meant...

and it was just a tittle in the thread to get some attention... for bankruptcy etc... i didnt have evidence of that...only my story,and from other 10 people
who were calling-emailing cointerra and she was just ignoring them
BUT NOONE proved me wrong...noone gave evidence from cointerra not being bankrupted...so? both of the sides have their rights and wrongs... problem solved for me yes...
but another guy received a check that wasnt fullfiled? whats the point of sending off'ed checks??

and the story continues bla bla bla..

howthefuq

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:06:49 PM

Basically what this thread tells me is that to get your refund you must kick and scream very loudly to get noticed and your refund processed.  Anyone remaining silent and relying on Cointerra's "goodwill" is going to be burned as evidenced by the people who have been waiting much longer than you for a refund (and probably had their request in before yours).  Also how many days past the 4 week window did it take for you to receive your money?
witherworth

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:43:01 AM

So, I saw a couple of these kinds of messages and was really hoping that Cointerra was just having a bad week, overwhelmed with this or that and was getting back on the ball. Unfortunately, that wasn't quite the case.

I sent them a refund request on 20 March - request number 15712. After a few emails back and forth (boy they were pretty good at responding to requests in a somewhat timely manner (1-2 days tops)), I finally settled on getting a check refund (instead of BTC like I would have preferred).

Several emails later I finally got a reply on April 16th stating:
"John (CoinTerra)
Apr 16 11:27

I have marked your refund to go out as a check. I will attempt to get it processed this week, estimated delivery by the end of next week.

Thank you. Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

~ CoinTerra Support"

I was really excited to be getting such great customer service, considering there were so many posts on here about issues. I was glad to see they had fixed stuff up. Unfortunately, thats the last email I've received from them, depsite having pinged them several times to ask for updates or if there were issues and I even asked for a "hey, we're busy, sorry" email, but that seemed to have no effect. I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do at this point. I've run out of options that I can think of. Any ideas?
halum

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:47:46 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 11:41:42 AM by halum

Basically what this thread tells me is that to get your refund you must kick and scream very loudly to get noticed and your refund processed.  Anyone remaining silent and relying on Cointerra's "goodwill" is going to be burned as evidenced by the people who have been waiting much longer than you for a refund (and probably had their request in before yours).  Also how many days past the 4 week window did it take for you to receive your money?

howthefuq et al,

The 'kick and scream' method has been marginally effective for a small percentage of Cointerra customers; however, I would not recommend the use of that method.

By the by, I'm not an attorney, but I played one in a college drama class. Therefore, the information provided does not constitute legal advice and moreover, I recommend that readers seek legal advice from an attorney, especially for those that are not knowledgeable in business/consumer protection laws, or no experience in the litigation process.

First of all, this posted message is mainly for readers that fall into May and June batches who have received the email from CoinTerra Support with the subject, "TerraMiner Early Shipping Notification." If you have received that email, than you have received clear supporting evidence of Cointerra's breach of contract and may possibly support misrepresentation as well.  Final specs of 1.6 GH/s hashing performance using 2100 watts power consumption versus advertised specs of 2.0 GH/S using 1600 watts are clear breach of contract. Furthermore, the change in product warranty from 3 months to only 1 month provide additional supporting evidence for breach of contract. The changes clearly relieves Cointerra from potentially significant liabilities/costs while the customers' liabilities/costs become increasingly onerous. No need to even expand on the things they did that may be considered misrepresentation. Any customers who encountered the above have the right to a full refund within a reasonable time with a caveat.  A reasonable time means seven working days from the day that the customer makes a formal request to Cointerra for cancellation and refund of the customer's paid order.  

Secondly, customers may receive a reply email regarding their refund request in which the company stipulates that the refund process may take 4 weeks (this may also mean that the process can take 6, 7, 8, or possibly 20 weeks since there's no set maximum date to complete the refund payment) and it is absolutely critical to clearly convey in your formal refund request that anything over seven workings days is "unacceptable." Those in the past who did not immediately respond to their +4 weeks refund processing stipulation with your strong/clear objection may be giving up your right to a quick refund since your silence may constitute as your assent/acceptance to their lengthy refund process.

Thirdly, U.S. Federal Consumer Laws trump all of the states' consumer laws. Check the FTC link listed below concerning refunds, "If the customer paid by cash, check, or money order, you must refund the correct amount by first class mail within seven working days after the order is cancelled." If your order has been fully paid, then you either paid by wire transfer which is the equivalent to cash, or you paid with bitcoins which means that you paid by check because you used Bitpay as a middleman to convert your BTCs to US dollars and then on your behalf, Bitpay sent Cointerra a check via electronic ACH. It would be helpful to include one or two paraphrase sentence(s) regarding the Federal Law that are apropos to your situation in addition to some verbiage about legal options/remedies through standard civil litigation if the refund is not sent in a reasonable time (i.e., 7 working days).  

FTC's site:
http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Lastly, you need to incorporate the above details into your formal cancellation and refund request (refund payment via wire transfer is highly recommended to avoid a bounced/non sufficient funds refund check). The cancellation and refund request must be a hardcopy written letter sent via US Postal Service Certified Mail and your emails to Cointerra simply supplements the mandatory Certified Mail hardcopy letters.

If the above done correctly, your refund payment should be completed in under 7 working days, assuming that the company is still solvent of course. However, the more refunds they quickly process going forward, it increases the risk (e.g., the possibility of insolvency) for the remaining customers not yet paid as they continue to patiently wait for their refund.  

For non U.S. customers, I recommend that you search on Craigslist for an inexpensive low level general business attorney located in the Austin, TX, area in order to draft a strong request/demand letter for you. This shouldn't cost you more than a few hundred dollars.

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:51:26 AM

May 21st, 2014

Dear Ed,

We are getting in touch with you because you have previously requested a refund of your CoinTerra hardware order.

At the time of your refund request, it was likely communicated to you that we typically take between 2-4 weeks to process refunds. Unfortunately, we received a larger quantity of refund requests around the time that we started to ship our April batch of TerraMiners to customers, and as a result we are running behind on processing them, as they are refunded in the order in which the refund request is received.

Your refund request is still active, and we are currently anticipating between 8 and 12 weeks processing time for some refunds.  We will continue to work towards processing the refunds as quickly as possible.

However, we would also like to share with you two incredible limited-time offers that, should you choose, will quickly get you back on track with your bitcoin mining activities:

Option 1

Some customers requested their refund because of the hash power deficit of 400 GH/s in the 1.6 TH/s units. With manufacturing running at full capacity we are now able to ship the 1.6 TH/s TerraMiners immediately from stock, and so for a limited time, if you are a US resident customer* who purchased at the original price of $5,999 (plus shipping) we can ship you 2 x your original order of TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s Bitcoin miners with FREE ground shipping on the additional unit(s).  That’s 3.2 TH/s for the same price paid for 2 TH/s!

An order for 1 x TerraMiner IV at $5,999 entitles you to receive a second TerraMiner IV with FREE UPS Ground shipping. An order of 2 x TerraMiner IV’s with total price of $11,998 + shipping entitles you to receive 4 x TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s shipped immediately with FREE UPS Ground shipping for the additional 2 units.

Option 2

Some customers requested a refund because for whatever reason they were unable to run the TerraMiners in their location.  We have been working on a solution to this problem and you may have read the announcement on May 12th that we have now launched a new service offering cloud-based Bitcoin Mining Contracts through CoinTerra Mining at:

http://mining.cointerra.com

A cloud-based mining contract is a solution where you receive regular payouts at the contracted hash power for a fixed term, powered by our scalable TerraMiner farm in a 24 x 7 datacenter: No equipment, no electricity costs, and no hands-on system management required.

For a limited time we are offering the equivalent of your purchase price of each TerraMiner converted to the 2 TH/s mining contract which is currently priced at $7,999 - a savings of $2,000!  If you have 2 x TerraMiner IV’s then you will get 2 x 2 TH/s plans, etc.

To discuss your order, please reply to this email with your preferred phone number and time of day to reach you (please include your time zone) and we will get in touch. If you are only able to communicate via email (for example, if you are not comfortable speaking in English) then please reply to this email and we will get back in touch.

In the event that you these offers do not interest you, we completely understand and we will keep you on the refund list and we thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we work to stay ahead in the incredibly fast-moving Bitcoin ecosystem.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Team CoinTerra

customeroffers@cointerra.com

They should have added an Option 3: Just give the fucking refund!
halum

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:51:48 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 07:07:09 PM by halum

May 21st, 2014

Dear Ed,

We are getting in touch with you because you have previously requested a refund of your CoinTerra hardware order.

At the time of your refund request, it was likely communicated to you that we typically take between 2-4 weeks to process refunds. Unfortunately, we received a larger quantity of refund requests around the time that we started to ship our April batch of TerraMiners to customers, and as a result we are running behind on processing them, as they are refunded in the order in which the refund request is received.

Your refund request is still active, and we are currently anticipating between 8 and 12 weeks processing time for some refunds.  We will continue to work towards processing the refunds as quickly as possible.

However, we would also like to share with you two incredible limited-time offers that, should you choose, will quickly get you back on track with your bitcoin mining activities:

Option 1

Some customers requested their refund because of the hash power deficit of 400 GH/s in the 1.6 TH/s units. With manufacturing running at full capacity we are now able to ship the 1.6 TH/s TerraMiners immediately from stock, and so for a limited time, if you are a US resident customer* who purchased at the original price of $5,999 (plus shipping) we can ship you 2 x your original order of TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s Bitcoin miners with FREE ground shipping on the additional unit(s).  That’s 3.2 TH/s for the same price paid for 2 TH/s!

An order for 1 x TerraMiner IV at $5,999 entitles you to receive a second TerraMiner IV with FREE UPS Ground shipping. An order of 2 x TerraMiner IV’s with total price of $11,998 + shipping entitles you to receive 4 x TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s shipped immediately with FREE UPS Ground shipping for the additional 2 units.

Option 2

Some customers requested a refund because for whatever reason they were unable to run the TerraMiners in their location.  We have been working on a solution to this problem and you may have read the announcement on May 12th that we have now launched a new service offering cloud-based Bitcoin Mining Contracts through CoinTerra Mining at:

A cloud-based mining contract is a solution where you receive regular payouts at the contracted hash power for a fixed term, powered by our scalable TerraMiner farm in a 24 x 7 datacenter: No equipment, no electricity costs, and no hands-on system management required.

For a limited time we are offering the equivalent of your purchase price of each TerraMiner converted to the 2 TH/s mining contract which is currently priced at $7,999 - a savings of $2,000!  If you have 2 x TerraMiner IV’s then you will get 2 x 2 TH/s plans, etc.

To discuss your order, please reply to this email with your preferred phone number and time of day to reach you (please include your time zone) and we will get in touch. If you are only able to communicate via email (for example, if you are not comfortable speaking in English) then please reply to this email and we will get back in touch.

In the event that you these offers do not interest you, we completely understand and we will keep you on the refund list and we thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we work to stay ahead in the incredibly fast-moving Bitcoin ecosystem.

Team CoinTerra

Dear Edger,

It does not matter what options CoinTerra offers you because you have legal rights under US Federal Consumer Protection Laws. The emailed reply from CoinTerra offering their limited options is a ploy (a ruse) to waive your legal rights. If you accept their offered options, you are waiving your legal rights. If do not immediately voice your objection to their offered options, your silence may constitute by default as waiving your legal rights to a refund to be paid in "a timely manner" (i.e., within 7 working days).

Please do not trust my layman advice above, but rather contact an inexpensive general business attorney via Craigslist located in Texas. These attorneys are a dime a dozen and after the free 20 minutes over the phone free consultation, they shouldn't charge you more than $100 to $200/hr to help in sending a legal letter to any company in which you are requesting an immediate refund. The legal letter shouldn't cost you more than a few hundred dollar max.

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:13:37 PM

May 21st, 2014

Dear Ed,

Your refund request is still active, and we are currently anticipating between 8 and 12 weeks processing time for some refunds.  We will continue to work towards processing the refunds as quickly as possible.

Option 1

Some customers requested their refund because of the hash power deficit of 400 GH/s in the 1.6 TH/s units. With manufacturing running at full capacity we are now able to ship the 1.6 TH/s TerraMiners immediately from stock, and so for a limited time, if you are a US resident customer* who purchased at the original price of $5,999 (plus shipping) we can ship you 2 x your original order of TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s Bitcoin miners with FREE ground shipping on the additional unit(s).  That’s 3.2 TH/s for the same price paid for 2 TH/s!

Option 2

Some customers requested a refund because for whatever reason they were unable to run the TerraMiners in their location.  We have been working on a solution to this problem and you may have read the announcement on May 12th that we have now launched a new service offering cloud-based Bitcoin Mining Contracts through CoinTerra Mining at:

For a limited time we are offering the equivalent of your purchase price of each TerraMiner converted to the 2 TH/s mining contract which is currently priced at $7,999 - a savings of $2,000!  If you have 2 x TerraMiner IV’s then you will get 2 x 2 TH/s plans, etc.

Team CoinTerra

Dear Edger,

It does not matter what options CoinTerra offers you because you have legal rights under US Federal Consumer Protection Laws. The emailed reply from CoinTerra offering their limited options is a ploy (a ruse) to waive your legal rights. If you accept their offered options, you are waiving your legal rights. If do not immediately voice your objection to their offered options, your silence may constitute by default as waiving your legal rights to a refund to be paid in "a timely manner" (i.e., within 7 working days).

Please do not trust my layman advice above, but rather contact an inexpensive general business attorney via Craigslist located in Texas. These attorneys are a dime a dozen and after the free 20 minutes over the phone free consultation, they shouldn't charge you more than $100 to $200/hr to help in sending a legal letter to any company in which you are requesting an immediate refund. The legal letter shouldn't cost you more than a few hundred dollar max.

thanks.

i immediately upon reciept of the 'offer' replied with a non acceptance and 7 days to complete the refund 'demand'

but i am not a US citizen and this may work against me.

however once i get my teeth stuck in i rarely let go.

right now im stockpiling information and details.

i have contacted bitpay who have been as helpful as they can and we are now waiting to hear what cointerra will respond with.

Ravi - its just you and BFL now, KnC have righted their wrongs. it doesn't need to get messy.

Be A Man
halum

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:36:20 PM

May 21st, 2014

Dear Ed,

Your refund request is still active, and we are currently anticipating between 8 and 12 weeks processing time for some refunds.  We will continue to work towards processing the refunds as quickly as possible.

Option 1

Some customers requested their refund because of the hash power deficit of 400 GH/s in the 1.6 TH/s units. With manufacturing running at full capacity we are now able to ship the 1.6 TH/s TerraMiners immediately from stock, and so for a limited time, if you are a US resident customer* who purchased at the original price of $5,999 (plus shipping) we can ship you 2 x your original order of TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s Bitcoin miners with FREE ground shipping on the additional unit(s).  That’s 3.2 TH/s for the same price paid for 2 TH/s!

Option 2

Some customers requested a refund because for whatever reason they were unable to run the TerraMiners in their location.  We have been working on a solution to this problem and you may have read the announcement on May 12th that we have now launched a new service offering cloud-based Bitcoin Mining Contracts through CoinTerra Mining at:

For a limited time we are offering the equivalent of your purchase price of each TerraMiner converted to the 2 TH/s mining contract which is currently priced at $7,999 - a savings of $2,000!  If you have 2 x TerraMiner IV’s then you will get 2 x 2 TH/s plans, etc.

Team CoinTerra

Dear Edger,

thanks.

i immediately upon reciept of the 'offer' replied with a non acceptance and 7 days to complete the refund 'demand'

but i am not a US citizen and this may work against me.

however once i get my teeth stuck in i rarely let go.

right now im stockpiling information and details.

i have contacted bitpay who have been as helpful as they can and we are now waiting to hear what cointerra will respond with.

Ravi - its just you and BFL now, KnC have righted their wrongs. it doesn't need to get messy.

Be A Man

Excellent! I'm glad to read that you immediately voiced your objection to their offer with an email reply.

Do you have any family or friends located in the United States? If you do have a family member or friend, than I suggest that you ask them to help you send a hardcopy refund request/demand. Email them the softcopy letter and ask them to print it out and then have them go to a US Postal Office and send the hardcopy letter to Ravi via Certified Mail.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: