Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:19:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchanges only care about money INCLUDING mintpal  (Read 945 times)
Bluestreet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:30:16 AM

Recently I have been hearing a lot of complaints about high profile exchanges that only add the latest scam pump and dump coins and not honest coins with a bright future, while this may be the case at the end of the day most exchanges only care about making btc through high trade volumes.
A lot of people were surprised when mintpal added whitecoin, infact there was plenty jokes going around about whitecoin being created after blackcoin on btc-e and poloniex troll boxes because we knew it would start the color coin revolution and today we have a lot of colors to choose from.

None of these coins will add any value besides the enjoyment of playing the pump and dump game. Most of these coins won't add real value outside the crypto world and most certainly won't contribute to growing the industry. We all know for a fact 99% of these colour coins will be a distant memory in 1 year from now.

Why Mintpal is smart is because they ride the high trade volumes for new coins added and then will remove them when volumes dip under a certain amount, hell at the end of the day exchanges don't give a shit about crypto currencies that will have a use but low trade volumes, it's just business. Scam coins have matured and need a lot of btc to get listed onto exchanges now, also scam coins need to show some form of "innovation" to make some btc. This is a good thing because it kills off shitcoins and scam coins with no btc behind it.

cdboot

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:36:39 AM

Recently I have been hearing a lot of complaints about high profile exchanges that only add the latest scam pump and dump coins and not honest coins with a bright future, while this may be the case at the end of the day most exchanges only care about making btc through high trade volumes.
A lot of people were surprised when mintpal added whitecoin, infact there was plenty jokes going around about whitecoin being created after blackcoin on btc-e and poloniex troll boxes because we knew it would start the color coin revolution and today we have a lot of colors to choose from.

None of these coins will add any value besides the enjoyment of playing the pump and dump game. Most of these coins won't add real value outside the crypto world and most certainly won't contribute to growing the industry. We all know for a fact 99% of these colour coins will be a distant memory in 1 year from now.

Why Mintpal is smart is because they ride the high trade volumes for new coins added and then will remove them when volumes dip under a certain amount, hell at the end of the day exchanges don't give a shit about crypto currencies that will have a use but low trade volumes, it's just business. Scam coins have matured and need a lot of btc to get listed onto exchanges now, also scam coins need to show some form of "innovation" to make some btc. This is a good thing because it kills off shitcoins and scam coins with no btc behind it.

+1
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:38:50 AM

Altcoins have, in many way, become a more fun and less random type of gambling, which is indeed very lucrative for exchanges. I don't think it's a bad thing that they encourage that, since it gives them more money to develop their infrastructure which will also favours legit coins. And coins that are indeed legit, will always end up having enough trade volume to justify them being listed on an exchange anyway.
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:41:24 AM

This is true, I was rather shocked that mintpal added whitecoin but looking at the trade volumes they had no choice but too. Yes creators with lots of btc will be able to sell you stones and make it look good and new people coming into the VC market will buy up these coins without knowing why but just seeing the volumes gives the false impression something amazing is happening with these coins.

Short term it is great for those who know how to play the PnD game but long term it is toxic as it kills off new buyers and has negative impacts on the btc market overall.

Like the OP said exchanges don't care if the coin has a future or not it's all about how much btc they can make off these fly by night cryptos that have investors/PnD's with deep pockets.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:58:03 AM

Exchanges only care about money INCLUDING mintpal

Really? This is a shock to you? 99.9% of everybody here is here for the money.

"Honest Coin"  is defined as the one any particular miner is mining at the moment.

~BCX~
benlinwall

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:23:15 AM

Money is everything, that's why we join in bitcoin/altcoins .
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:39:45 AM

woah no way ! what a coincidence you mentioned that one....i am mining Honest coin right now Smiley

FUD first & ask questions later™
sorryguys

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:50:20 AM

Money is everything, that's why we join in bitcoin/altcoins .

Yes. Profit is the most important.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:07:05 AM

Let me get my head around this stroke of genius. Are you saying that coin exchanges who spend a ton of time programming an exchange, adminstrating it, earning a commission and generally taking risks are doing so primarily for money.

I don't know who you are and what you want but I have a special set of skills that make people like you very scared. And that skill is knowing when someone is a Friken IDIOT!
mazuma

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:21:24 AM

all you fuckin idiots are not seeing the point OP IS making. How the fuck do you think companies Grow , its not all about MONEY, you need to build good relations with customers. granted you need money/profit for exchanges to continue operating/pay bills/ etc etc. But when PUMP and dump coins which many can argue are almost all coins, but we're talking coins that literally have no community backing except for one big boy with BTC to buy votes, get to the top, captialize on the huge volume on btc going around, that is the problem.  Whitecoin, asia coin, along with SO MANY others were added because VOTES were bought, not legitamely earned by users, AND almost every single coin that comes on is on the best interest of MINERS/DUMPERS. What about the buyers, those who dont mine but actually want to buy promising coins or even coins that have some sort of support and not just something that will RIse temporarily and tank to never seen heights and never return.

Mintpal is one of the biggest exchange guilty of this. For once think of the fucking buyers and not the miners/dumpers who need an exchange where they can DUMP all their premined/instamined shit and HOP on to makinga  next fucking coin where they will spend the proceeds made dumping coins, to buy votes and REPEAT. Mint aint saying shit cuz they making cake and that is a PROBLEM. Its not ALL About money. A company wanting to grow knows this.

Think for a second before you respond you idiots. OP has a point
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:57:46 AM

Why is that a surprise to you ? I'm not sure if they really are doing this, but I would exactly do the same Smiley

Exchanges are businesses, they have to make money. If you cannot deal with this, then quit trading.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:04:50 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 12:15:18 PM by reRaise

Mintpal is a fucking joke!!!

There voting is ridiculous. At first everyone could vote, but now you need to have a registered account and trading history in order to vote. Second this way it makes the most shitty coins go on the exchange because it's not based on which alt coin is the most legit with an infrastructure but who goes spamming the most on forums to get votes.

Wothless scammy ass coins like caishen (wtf is that?), cinni, marscoin, olympic coin, spartacoin, sunday coin or wtf ever get listed. And then they come and say if you want your coin to be listed you need to pay us around $10k.

And some coins i believe didn't even had been voted to the top, but got listed like asiacoin, white and cinni were added pretty fast since they came out. They added shitty whitecoin made money on the fee got pump n dumped and now they removed it?
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:20:08 PM

Someone sounds mad they won't add Quark so everyone can dump.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
reRaise

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:45:17 PM

You mad people criticising whitecoin or is it asiacoin? whitecoin fanboy trying to make a quick buck aww, i made $160k with LTC until now anyway so it's not big deal cockroach
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:51:42 PM

You mad people criticising whitecoin or is it asiacoin? whitecoin fanboy trying to make a quick buck aww, i made $160k with LTC until now anyway so it's not big deal cockroach

You also made the Lee Bros. very rich too, I'm sure they thank you *snicker
altcoinherald

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:52:03 PM

Bittrex is a fair exchange run by an honest team. Move your volume there.

reRaise

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:52:56 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 01:04:48 PM by reRaise

You also made the Lee Bros. very rich too, I'm sure they thank you *snicker

Bought 6000 LTC when they were $2 and sold at $25 son, u mad? o wait another whitecoin, caishen or whatever that is fanboy
btc1702

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:12:41 PM

This is true, I was rather shocked that mintpal added whitecoin but looking at the trade volumes they had no choice but too.
asnghost

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:23:59 PM

There's always a choice. Exchanges should do more research before adding coins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: