Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARE YOU A COINTERRA BURN VICTIM ?  (Read 6491 times)
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:14:42 PM

Its all the Cointerra management's fault. The Cointerra staff are actually very nice including support guy Marshall and the refund person Christina etc. The staff is doing their best but management has setup these monkey cake rules ruining everything they try to do to help customers.

The management has ruined it all with their inexperienced sales money grabbing tactics.

Why did they not just offer 2 for 1 right away and all their hardware would have left the shelves? Whoever is running Cointerra should be fired and replaced with a more experienced management.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:32:34 PM

so 16 dies in total, so each one is being fed almost 150 amps !

Time for auto manufacturers to encase the 12V battery in 1" lexan - you know, for safety purposes.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
CLion

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:25:56 AM

Yes, I am a burn victim of Cointerra and also Cloudhashing, because these two work together on the scam!
The article in Reddit of May is absolutely right, the earlier comment in this tread stating that Cointerra provides approx 15% of mining is also correct, however...
that is mostly equipment fresh from manufacturing, paid by customers(!), been put into mining production not for customers but providing mining profit for Cointerra and Cloudhashing!
Then when customer (like me) who actually paid for the mining equipment start querying on the status of delivery of our/my equipment... the dreaded scam excuses are starting!
That so-called "great" alternative offer, where customers are offered 2 units for the price of 1... just the same story... postponing the scam effect just another few weeks/months out!
Customers are bound to pay any order within 7DAYS(!), and Cointerra has all the resources available to assure that is checked, but when it comes down to paying their own bills and refunds...
then there is not a single person available!
I have been burnt; Cointerra and Cloudhashing have cashed in already, their management has become filthy rich... over our backs!!!
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:13:40 AM

Yes, I am a burn victim of Cointerra and also Cloudhashing, because these two work together on the scam!
The article in Reddit of May is absolutely right, the earlier comment in this tread stating that Cointerra provides approx 15% of mining is also correct, however...
that is mostly equipment fresh from manufacturing, paid by customers(!), been put into mining production not for customers but providing mining profit for Cointerra and Cloudhashing!
Then when customer (like me) who actually paid for the mining equipment start querying on the status of delivery of our/my equipment... the dreaded scam excuses are starting!
That so-called "great" alternative offer, where customers are offered 2 units for the price of 1... just the same story... postponing the scam effect just another few weeks/months out!
Customers are bound to pay any order within 7DAYS(!), and Cointerra has all the resources available to assure that is checked, but when it comes down to paying their own bills and refunds...
then there is not a single person available!
I have been burnt; Cointerra and Cloudhashing have cashed in already, their management has become filthy rich... over our backs!!!

karma is on our side, do not fret yet.

send your complaints to the relevant bodies and apply pressure, there are already plenty of complaints against these 'geniuses'

misappropriation of funds is a crime - they can act like they are unaware of this fact but that does not change the fact
Phasebird

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 06:47:19 AM

coterra will pay off or?
fently

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bleh!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:47:06 AM

coterra will pay off or?

seeing will be believing...

i have faith ravi and his team will prefer to cough up the refunds, albeit shamefully late!

Not to pick on you specifically, because we're all in the same situation, and I have been equally complicit in this: Faith is defined as belief without sufficient evidence.

There's no reason to trust anything we are being told by Cointerra. Lying is a cooperative act. We want to believe what they say because the alternative is too horrible to accept. The only way a lie works is if you agree to participate. When it comes to Cointerra, I choose to have zero faith, and instead act only based on evidence.
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:32:02 AM

coterra will pay off or?

i have faith ravi and his team will prefer to cough up the refunds, albeit shamefully late!

Not to pick on you specifically, because we're all in the same situation, and I have been equally complicit in this: Faith is defined as belief without sufficient evidence.

There's no reason to trust anything we are being told by Cointerra. Lying is a cooperative act. We want to believe what they say because the alternative is too horrible to accept. The only way a lie works is if you agree to participate. When it comes to Cointerra, I choose to have zero faith, and instead act only based on evidence.

a very fair point and i agree wholeheartedly - but where dos that leave us??

what actions have you taken now that you accept they are liars & unwilling to refund us in a timely manner if at all?
fently

Activity: 66

Bleh!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:50:26 PM

coterra will pay off or?

a very fair point and i agree wholeheartedly - but where dos that leave us??

what actions have you taken now that you accept they are liars & unwilling to refund us in a timely manner if at all?

Well, for one, I'm presently going through all the available consumer protection agencies. Have done the Texas AG, am doing the FTC on Monday unless the funds clear, and will do the BBB on Tuesday, and if I don't have satisfaction by Wednesday I'll be shortlisting Lawyers. I'm going through a similar process with Terramine Hosting.
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:27:21 AM

have you contacted bitpay (assuming you paid thru them)

elyse giles is a very helpful person who has got me a promise of a bank transfer today - i am still waiting for it but i have received 3-4 emails from cointerra indicating it is literally 'being processed now'

i decided to wait before posting this and in the meantime it was refunded.

the cash is now in my account.

the person who contacted me advised using this email.

jc@cointerra.com

Good Luck All, and get in touch with BitPay if you can - i cant express my appreciation for their input.

Ed.

seems i lost 100GBP in the exchange but i can live with that..... just.
harkonnen

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:09:53 AM

I'm about to receive my 2nd unit(1.6TH) tomorrow.
I'm *not* a cointerra burn victim.
JWAiken1

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:49:46 AM

I have been waiting for my refund since April 1st, so it is going on ten weeks now.  I did get an email from Amith Nirgunarthy today and he asked me for my phone number, so he can call me tomorrow.  I see that since the BBB announcement on them in the past two days in the media that they have closed down their Forum.  They claim that they had 200 refunds to process and it shouldn't take this long to process them even if they did one an hour.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:41:53 AM

why is everyone upset with cointerra if its only a few month backlog ?
you all putup with BFL for a yr+ ??

I'm not involved with either company, just curious.. or am i missing something ??

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:03:07 AM

why is everyone upset with cointerra if its only a few month backlog ?
you all putup with BFL for a yr+ ??

I'm not involved with either company, just curious.. or am i missing something ??

I'm going to forget you asked if we waited for bfl and that makes it ok to wait for other companys!
And ill just let you know of one of many evil things this company did to us
it sold in hand miners at a fraction of the cost while it still had pre-ordered miners not shipping for another couple of months!
It literately advertised its in hand miners at a fraction of the cost that the pre orders paid and were scheduled to receive their miners months later!

I wouldn't be surprised if ravi is a bit shorter next year!!!
Sandhog

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:06:42 PM

I have received my refund and am happy. I wish all the best to those of you who are still waiting on your refund. I do feel your pain and uncertainty that comes with waiting and waiting.
LordPaco

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:57:48 PM

Sandhog let me give you my update we had orders placed next to each other I accepted my cointerra and you opted for a refund. I recieved it on April 2nd or 3rd cannot remember. Purchased it around the all time high of $1150 per btc for a total of 5.52btc. It really only has to make that to break even, I have to think in BTC not USD. I rolled the BTC it made into cloud hashing and antminer S1 devices to replace my aging GPU's that were no longer profitable scrypt mining.

So with the help of 3-4btc to start with and the cointerra I now have 7.8Ths of hashpower and a few btc to play with still with more now stacking up. The cointerra has ROI in BTC already. One core in one of the chips tends to get hot and hotter now and I assume it will be an issue further down the line, hopefully I can repack the thermal paste in there to help when it does. Makes ~40% in btc now then it did in April when I got it.

Sandhog

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:47:48 PM

Sandhog let me give you my update we had orders placed next to each other I accepted my cointerra and you opted for a refund. I recieved it on April 2nd or 3rd cannot remember. Purchased it around the all time high of $1150 per btc for a total of 5.52btc. It really only has to make that to break even, I have to think in BTC not USD. I rolled the BTC it made into cloud hashing and antminer S1 devices to replace my aging GPU's that were no longer profitable scrypt mining.

So with the help of 3-4btc to start with and the cointerra I now have 7.8Ths of hashpower and a few btc to play with still with more now stacking up. The cointerra has ROI in BTC already. One core in one of the chips tends to get hot and hotter now and I assume it will be an issue further down the line, hopefully I can repack the thermal paste in there to help when it does. Makes ~40% in btc now then it did in April when I got it.

For me, I paid with USD and will never make back the ROI. Also, I only have a 40 Amps coming into my apartment and don't need a space heater that sound like I'm vacuuming 24/7. I happy to received my refund. If I had my refund within 4 weeks like I supposed to when BTC was between $400 to $450, I would had 50% ROI. Either way, I have antminer also and it's much better machine I think than cointerra miner.   
c0iner

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:18:40 PM

I have a Terraminer from the February batch, which is only hashing at half the speed.  One board has been completely out of service since late March.  I have contacted the support team countless times through email and by telephone, and have had no luck.  Also, the Cointerra forum is now unaccessible? I can't even find it indexed in Google.
CurcO

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:12:37 PM

I'm looking for any CT buyers that want in on a class action against CT, if you bought a TM II or TM IV before Dec . PM to give you the details The last day is today to join 6/11/14

Sandhog

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:44:06 AM

I'm looking for any CT buyers that want in on a class action against CT, if you bought a TM II or TM IV before Dec . PM to give you the details The last day is today to join 6/11/14

CT never produced TM II to my knowledge. They barely produced TM IV. I don't even know whatever happen to the PCI card with 400 Gh/s. Anyhow, I think CT is on it's way out since they are not producing any newer version of the miners. 
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:51:01 PM

If any of you want to sell your problematic Terraminer(s) then I would be interested. EU preferred, but the offer is open to other countries.

PM the description of the issue and the stats saved in txt (if the miner turns on).

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: