Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 07:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Orient (ORT)  (Read 2142 times)
TheOrient Team (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:18:20 AM

Orient (ORT)

A currency for one thousand and one nights

Forum: www.myorient.org
IRC: freenode.net  #myorient
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/myorient
Facebook: http://www.myorient.org/facebook
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MagicofOrient

Launch Date:  xx.xx.xxxx

What?

Short:

- 100% premine, proof-of-stake backed by physical Gold
- 21’000’000'000 ORTs max
- block time of 90 seconds

Long:

Orient ist a next-gen cryptocurrency combining the best of multiple worlds. Orient is 100% Premine, this is the first thing to know. It is 100% Premine because Orient will be backed by physical Gold. Every 10’000 ORT will be backed by 1g Gold and that Gold backing would not work if the distribution is not under full control. We also like to have control over the long-term growth and development of the coin, because we are believers and dreamers and we want it to succeed on a level no one in to cryptocurrency world will imagine. But that’s just us.

The Gold backing prohibits inflation through block rewards, the minting of a block only rewards the fee. Possible future inflations have to be initiated via source code changes.

Orient is a proof-of-stake cryptocurrency removing the need for energy waste by miners. All what's needed is the software. With a 100% premine, fees would stream back to the initial distribution addresses with descending probability. That's not just and we are planning to pour those fees into a facet currently in development for free, random distribution.

How?

Short:

- Acquire Orients
- Acquire Gold
- Use Orients
- Push the magic of Orient forward
- Not a dreamer? Get Gold value back

Long:

Orients will be distributed through various channels coordinated through the main communication platform, the message boards of myorient.org (forum.myorient.org). Gold will be bought at a Gold trader such as BuillionVault (http://www.bullionvault.com/). We buy, the Gold trader stores and insures. We are going to try to make this process as transparent as possible, since saying that Orient is backed by Gold is above all just saying. Approaches to handle this transparency range right now from mundane ideas like providing account pictures / data to crazy stuff like visiting the vault and taking pictures. Ideas are welcome Smiley

The gold backing has an interesting property: The value of Orient will be hedged to a certain level. Market manipulators can't drop the value at their convenience, because in the worst case scenario you can still receive the value of the Gold backing and that value will always stand against the market forces. Now the devil is in the details and we invite you to visit the forums to understand and comment the processes behind the backing.

Orients will be distributed in batches: As of right now three batches with dry periods inbetween are planned. Batches help us to control the growth and to react to developments at the Gold market. That also gives market participants a chance to exercise their trade. Batches will be subsequently more expensive to acquire, since we want to thank early adopters for their believe in us. The first batch will have a volume of 210'000'000 ORT.

When?

Short:

- Not today
- But soon

Long:

We are working on the final details of the software and the procedures (getting Orients, liquidating Orients for the Gold value etc.) and we are in the process of talking with investors, so give us a couple of days for the final launch. We all are breaking new grounds with the backing, so everything has to be well prepared and tested. We are targeting a week from now on for the release of the software and the general launch.
This thread has the primary purpose of preparing the community for the upcoming revolution, which will begin soon. We want your input and feedback and we want to use the following days to answer every question which might arise.

Why?

Short:

- It is time

Long:

The oriental world is heavily underrepresented in the cryptocurrency world and we are going to change that. We are going to bring Orient to the streets of Morocco and the heights of Dubai. We are going to establish Orient as a trade commodity between the traders of Egypt and the fishermen of Indonesia. One dream, one cryptocurrency: The magic of Orient. Be mesmerized.

Where?

Short:

- myorient.org

Long:

There are a lot of channels to get in contact with us and to participate in the Orient community: both official and inofficial. Among official communication channels are a Reddit subreddit, a Facebook page, an IRC channel and the message board. The primary meeting place for everything Orient related will be forum.myorient.org. This is the primary source for news, exciting developments and announcements. Whatever news there is, it'll be in the forum. If a channel has more content than the message board, then we failed at our job to provide you with a single up to date source for the progress of Orient.

Who?

Short:

- 3 guys

Long:

The core team of Orient consists of three guys with three different main responsibilities: technology, markets, public relations and community. Ekls will be the goto guy for everything related to information technology: software, hardware, everything else. Fmlr coordinates the community and talks to people. He pushes the social reach of Orient. If you've read somewhere else about Orient, there is a good probability that he was involved somehow. Wsmh handles the distribution and liquidation of Orients. Are you able to use your coins in a shop? Probably his works. Is there a new exchange accepting ORTs? Also his.

Of course there is overlapping of responsibilities and always feel free to ask anyone anything. We serve the community and a healthy community is the heart of Orient.

Take care,

The Orient Team
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:38:29 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 12:31:22 PM by TheMightyX

Anyone who suggest bitcoin should be backed by a "real" asset like gold is gravely misunderstanding the situation.
Backing injects counterparty risk, because a specific person or entity must be obligated to fulfill the backing.
Backing requires a backer.
Bitcoin does not need backing, because it is a digital commodity that is valuable itself. It is valuable in large part because it carries no physical burdens or constraints.
It is this lack of physical backing that allows it to move anywhere instantly at near zero cost.

-Erik Voorhees, bitcoin conference 2013

Thought you might like a shred of intelligence sprinkled onto your crap dinner.
This is a step backwards in evolution. The gold will be secured under the developers name (as it legally has to, it cannot be registered to Mr.Anonymous).
There is nothing stopping him from running off with all the gold whenever he pleases.

Guys, I understand you want to protect yourself in the event your investments become worthless, I do.
I've taken quite a few losses on coins myself.
But this is not the way forward.
TheOrient Team (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:54:29 AM

Anyone who suggest bitcoin should be backed by a "real" asset like gold is gravely misunderstanding the situation.
Backing injects counterparty risk, because a specific person or entity must be obligated to fulfill the backing.
Bitcoin does not need backing, because it is a digital commodity that is valuable itself. It is valuable in large part because it carries no physical burdens or constraints.
It is this lack of physical backing that allow sit to move anywhere instantly at near zero cost.

This is a step backwards in evolution. The gold will be secured under the developers name (as it legally has to, it cannot be registered to Mr.Anonymous).
There is nothing stopping him from running off with all the gold whenever he pleases.

Guys, I understand you want to protect yourself in the event your investments become worthless, I do.

We understand your point. The gold backing has an interesting property for all who owns Orient: The value of Orient will be hedged to a certain level. Market manipulators can’t drop the value at their convenience, because in the worst case scenario you can still receive the value of the Gold backing and that value will always stand against the market forces. We also will provide pictures of the Gold account on Bullionvault.com.
We think the best Method is to try us.
loveyouforever

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:55:35 AM

Orient (ORT)  good
qgmurugan007

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:06:20 AM

When is the launch date?
Any beta client? screen shots etc?
TheOrient Team (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:13:14 AM

When is the launch date?
Any beta client? screen shots etc?

As we mentioned, We are working on the final details of the software and the procedures (getting Orients, liquidating Orients for the Gold value etc.) and we are in the process of talking with investors, so give us a couple of days for the final launch. We will publicate the launch soon. Sure we will provide you soon also with some screenshots etc.  just follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and mainly in the Forum. All links are listed. Smiley
FinaGica

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:29:37 AM

Will keep an eye on this one Smiley
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:38:24 AM

Subbing, let's see value of this.
TheOrient Team (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:53:56 AM

You are also welcome to koin our Forum to stay up to date.

Subbing, let's see value of this.

Wink
niubidaye

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:06:14 AM

hi
so nice,i like it

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VxLAz7KUsqyFTLKGiPaqnd4evDrEtkcZwc
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:28:23 AM

Hey mates, how do you back it up by real gold? I'm just curious.
foxya

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:32:09 AM

I will join you...  Roll Eyes

Bwincoin - 100% Free POS.BCTYCfagpvJoWae9ikDwMTkLB9wrhT9MRg
TheOrient Team (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:39:43 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 10:49:51 AM by TheOrient Team

Hey mates, how do you back it up by real gold? I'm just curious.

Hey, we work with Bullionvault (http://www.bullionvault.com/). The Orient is backed by real Physical Gold stored in a Treasure. We buy it and they store it.
ChickPack

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:34:54 AM

I will join you...  Roll Eyes

Me too!! It looks very interesting !
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 11:36:50 AM

welcome to the club, Third supposedly backed by gold coin in less than a month...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:33:15 PM

It is this lack of physical backing that allow sit to move anywhere instantly at near zero cost.

We understand your point. The gold backing has an interesting property for all who owns Orient: The value of Orient will be hedged to a certain level. Market manipulators can’t drop the value at their convenience, because in the worst case scenario you can still receive the value of the Gold backing and that value will always stand against the market forces. We also will provide pictures of the Gold account on Bullionvault.com.
We think the best Method is to try us.

You have not addressed the security concerns of trusting you with everyones gold.

Should we really adopt a currency and allow it to flourish when one person controls the keys to the entire vault?
TheOrient Team (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:12:55 PM

TheMightyX,

our long-term goal is adoption and our opinion is, that wide adoption will always need some central players / entities. E.g. we have so plans for local adoption and distribution of the coin and it also involves a central entity just because the barrier to cryptocurrencies is too high for the average man.

To address your concern of a "single-point-of-failure" related to the Gold backing. You are right. For the community right now, there is the risk that the Orient team fails. We need the trust of the people, that's just it. We need the trust to establish a community, we need the trust to move forward. We will need the trust to make our dreams a reality. If you believe in a system without the need of trust and if you want that system, then Orient is not the way to go for you.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:47:00 PM

So i need to trust you, post with real BCT account not with the coin acc,
kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:56:12 PM

Short: Lol, trust.

Long: Decentralization is the future. Systems where trust is not needed. Your coin is a step in the wrong direction. And huge lol at you wanting people to trust you when knowing nothing more than your first names.

Bye!
TheOrient Team (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:15:08 PM

So i need to trust you, post with real BCT account not with the coin acc,

There is none, there was never a need. But The Orient Team can provide you with real names if you want that.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: