Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:01:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used to sent money to family in Cambodia ?  (Read 3810 times)
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:26:46 AM

The US has Coinbase so it is very easy to turn USD into Bitcoin for about 1% in fees.  If Cambodia gets a similar service, then you will be able to send money to Cambodia for 2% and maybe even cheaper if the fees lower. 

It might not be possible to send money right now, but in the future almost all countries will have big Coinbase like companies.  Lots of money to be made there. 

I think in three years bitcoin becomes faster and easier and cheaper than banks, PayPal, or Western Union to just about any major country in the world. 

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcambodia

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 03:53:29 AM

I am in Cambodia and I buy bitcoins.  I'm on Localbitcoins under the same name.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:02:54 PM

The US has Coinbase so it is very easy to turn USD into Bitcoin for about 1% in fees.  If Cambodia gets a similar service, then you will be able to send money to Cambodia for 2% and maybe even cheaper if the fees lower. 

It might not be possible to send money right now, but in the future almost all countries will have big Coinbase like companies.  Lots of money to be made there. 

I think in three years bitcoin becomes faster and easier and cheaper than banks, PayPal, or Western Union to just about any major country in the world. 
There are bitcoin traders all over the world. The OP should check the marketplace section of these forums for potential ways to sell bitcoin for fiat (and/or goods/services) in Cambodia

This spot for rent.
jerrythach

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:36:46 AM

yes, now you can use bitcoin for send money to Cambodia

Via b-exchanger.com after you sold bitcoin can make withdraw to acount wing or bank of the person you wannat send money to
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:46:18 AM

Why to make such complications, just sell the bitcoin to an exchange service provider and request him to deposit to your family members account. Only thing is find a trader who can do this, because even staying out of country to its possible to find trading service providers of your locality(Cambodia).

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:58:05 AM

Hello,

I just heard of bitcoin.

Paypal is not fully supported in Cambodia. Cambodian can accept Paypal but not witdraw from it to their bank account.

So is it possible to send them some paypal amount. Then they would convert to cash using bitcoin.

But how would this cash be transfered to their account: through Wiretranfer ? Where, How ?

Thanks.

They can't use the paypal balance in their country because they can't withdraw it in their bank account. So there's no people there accepting it in current, If there's someone who offer to you, they would offer not in current they offer with some fees. But if you use bitcoin to send your money + there's a exchangers in cambodia + they  know how to exchange it in current price it is the best way to send your money.

requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:21:13 PM

If bitcoin is banned in cambodia then obviously you could take the advantage of bitcoin and you have no restriction in using and sending bitcoin may be for good cause  or bad its upto you and your mentality how you use it.
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:45:18 AM

Hello,

I just heard of bitcoin.

Paypal is not fully supported in Cambodia. Cambodian can accept Paypal but not witdraw from it to their bank account.

So is it possible to send them some paypal amount. Then they would convert to cash using bitcoin.

But how would this cash be transfered to their account: through Wiretranfer ? Where, How ?

Thanks.

Is bitcoin legal in cambodia?  If yes,we have no problem with that. It is easy to send bitcoin  anywhere in the world (if there's  an available bitcoin) but I have no idea if the family in cambodia know how to transfer it into fiat.

https://m.cambodia-mmm.net/bitcoin/
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 08:48:56 AM

Yes of course you can.You can send bitcoin all through the world as long as they have an bitcoin account.There is no restriction except some countries that banned bitcoin totally.But the problem is encashing it you cant directly encash it in your place you need to find a legit merchant to exchange
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:22:27 AM

I would suggest you ask them to find a Bitcoin merchant in Cambodia if they are successful then you can gladly send them bitcoins as Bitcoin can be sent wherever there's Internet else then put up a question on this forum or anywhere possible asking for Cambodian natives who are willing to trade Bitcoin for the local fiat , that way you can send to them and have your family meet them for the fiat but I must say you have to do this with extreme caution as it can be risky.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:31:11 AM

i hope that OP is already found the right person to sent money to his family in cambodia because i see that there is many members on here that willing to help him. i hope that he can using bitcoin more and more like what we do in here, i think if he is success with this, i am sure that in the other day, he will sent another money to his family. thank you for all member here, salute for you all and bitcoin especially that makes it easier to us.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:49:42 AM

Hello,

I just heard of bitcoin.

Thanks.

If you dont have bitcoins then you dont need to use paypal anymore instead you can directly send it to your families bitcoin address in Cambodia. The only problem left is if there are exchangers that act as an escrow that enables them to convert their bitcoins into their local currency. If there is an exchange then you will no longer use paypal in sending money to them and just use bitcoin instead.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 12:36:33 PM

I can relate with this, I live in a country where PayPal has serious restrictions for operations. Anyone having PayPal account can not send or spend his PayPal balance and it is forcefully withdrawn in the default bank account associated with that PayPal account. We need to link our credit card in order to send funds.

Bitcoin is really coming up as a great solution and yes you can use bitcoin anywhere in the world. If the beneficiary (receiver) can convert his bitcoins in local currency then it wouldn't be any big issue to use bitcoin.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:53:54 PM

I can relate with this, I live in a country where PayPal has serious restrictions for operations. Anyone having PayPal account can not send or spend his PayPal balance and it is forcefully withdrawn in the default bank account associated with that PayPal account. We need to link our credit card in order to send funds.

Bitcoin is really coming up as a great solution and yes you can use bitcoin anywhere in the world. If the beneficiary (receiver) can convert his bitcoins in local currency then it wouldn't be any big issue to use bitcoin.

Paypal thought they were being careful for restricting their services in some particular countries including mine as well little did they know they are actually pushing us to go look for other means of getting money and thats exactly what bitcoin has come to offer. Even if paypal lift the embargo against my country to start receiving payments, I wont still use because the conversion rate will still be lower compared to what I will get converting my bitcoin of same USD value to fiat.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 02:02:19 PM

Paypal thought they were being careful for restricting their services in some particular countries including mine as well little did they know they are actually pushing us to go look for other means of getting money and thats exactly what bitcoin has come to offer. Even if paypal lift the embargo against my country to start receiving payments, I wont still use because the conversion rate will still be lower compared to what I will get converting my bitcoin of same USD value to fiat.

Absolutely and the hidden secret is that I get some amount more when I bitcoin instead of other options but that's not the main concern. The Central bank of my country has laid some restrictions on the PayPal and they have to adhere to it if they want to survive. It's is practically very difficult for me or any trader to use PayPal as we have frequent transactions.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: