Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:30:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about the Doge coin  (Read 534 times)
bitgoldencoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 08:32:11 PM

Hi guys

This series of questions goes out to all you experts/gurus out there, please be patient with me as i'm still very new to all this.
Ok, here it goes;

Dodge coins... what does the future hold for the lovely shibes, is it worth me investing on dodge? Not mining but purchase/trading wise!
For the great shibes reading this thread, what is the best way to keep the coins... pc wallet or web wallet (in your opinion, which web wallet is better for dodge)

Thank you guys for your patience with my newbie questions Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lamigo

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:40:35 PM

Hi guys

This series of questions goes out to all you experts/gurus out there, please be patient with me as i'm still very new to all this.
Ok, here it goes;

Dodge coins... what does the future hold for the lovely shibes, is it worth me investing on dodge? Not mining but purchase/trading wise!
For the great shibes reading this thread, what is the best way to keep the coins... pc wallet or web wallet (in your opinion, which web wallet is better for dodge)

IMHO, it is better to invest in bitcoin, as it has the best popularity and merchant acceptance.

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:43:05 PM

Hi guys

Ok, here it goes;

I think the Freudian slip in your post says it all. It's time to get out of Dodge!
bitgoldencoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 09:00:16 PM

Smiley thank you guys

I am indeed investing in bitcoin at the moment, but I do not want to keep my eggs in the same basket, as I am still learning and very new to the crypto currency world I am also looking to invest on possible alt coins that have a chance to make it through the hurdles Smiley

Doing some reading around, I see dodgecoin as a strong friendly community and they have had a few high profile mentions in the past... So I am just trying to get the overal feeling from you guys here in bitcointalk to broaden my overview thoughts regarding Dodge Smiley
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:26:17 PM

Hi guys

Ok, here it goes;

I do believe it is worth it, the community is growing really fast these days, and all shibes are dedicated to their coin which makes it quite unlikely that its value will go considerably below what it is now.

Definitely use a pc wallet, many web wallets have been hacked in the pass and many will be in the future.
bitgoldencoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 10:28:33 PM

I do believe it is worth it, the community is growing really fast these days, and all shibes are dedicated to their coin which makes it quite unlikely that its value will go considerably below what it is now.

Definitely use a pc wallet, many web wallets have been hacked in the pass and many will be in the future.

I believe so too, regarding the pc wallet, how would one back it up (the most secure way of doing it)... what happens if your pc just go kaput!
lynn_402

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:36:03 PM

I believe so too, regarding the pc wallet, how would one back it up (the most secure way of doing it)... what happens if your pc just go kaput!

First you must encrypt your wallet with a password of about 12 characters, then simply click on "Backup wallet" in your client. I keep a copy of the file both on a USB drive and in my Two-factor authentification protected e-mail account - 2fa is very important, with it you receive an sms with a password when you want to connect from a new computer, makes it much more secure Smiley
bitgoldencoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 10:39:41 PM

Nice... first time i hear about such email authentication, I take it its harder to hack into making it a safer option as emails go. Is it freely available?
lynn_402

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:41:34 PM

Nice... first time i hear about such email authentication, I take it its harder to hack into making it a safer option as emails go. Is it freely available?

Yup! Easy to setup on both gmail and hotmail.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: