Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:15:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My 30th birthday - Me & Bitcoin since 2010  (Read 7157 times)
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:18:14 PM

So how much in terms of $ have you profited off BTC and how much BTC do you currently hold?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DKdance

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:08:36 PM

Happy happy bizday ! Was a cool crypto story see that you may know that yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKliLPuGgyQ&feature=youtu.be

Does Colossus was the 1st POS to stop POW ?

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
kingscrown (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 10:08:08 PM

Happy happy bizday ! Was a cool crypto story see that you may know that yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKliLPuGgyQ&feature=youtu.be

wow never knew of this video. hilarious!
funny he has heizenberg shirt and im in promo team of METH using that meme Wink
i *think* COL was first, but i wont bet my finger or head on it. ill verify this tho as its a good question

So how much in terms of $ have you profited off BTC and how much BTC do you currently hold?

didnt check my wallet since this post - who knows how much i got donated here ? Smiley sometimes users are very generous up here!

kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 03:01:12 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 03:39:47 AM by kingscrown

to make it up for my readers ive also put the post on my blog since it seems everybodys quiet here now - http://fuk.io/my-30th-birthday-me-and-bitcoin-since-2010-story/

if anybody would like to guestpost [the blog has 1300 email readers + my twitter etc] - PM me. im looking for more authors Smiley

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:47:23 AM

wow never knew of this video. hilarious!
funny he has heizenberg shirt and im in promo team of METH using that meme Wink
i *think* COL was first, but i wont bet my finger or head on it. ill verify this tho as its a good question

didnt check my wallet since this post - who knows how much i got donated here ? Smiley sometimes users are very generous up here!

I think Col was the first, then NXT and a few others. Been hard at work on top secret stuff lately
kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 01:36:04 AM

to update the brick n mortar business i mentioned was.. bitcoin embassy in warsaw - 1st in europe Wink
http://bitcoinet.pl/2014/05/12/bitcoin-embassy-in-warsaw-officially-open/

opened 2 days ago

Beymond

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:42:49 AM

to update the brick n mortar business i mentioned was.. bitcoin embassy in warsaw - 1st in europe Wink
http://bitcoinet.pl/2014/05/12/bitcoin-embassy-in-warsaw-officially-open/

opened 2 days ago

Pretty cool . Hope to see more of those coming everywhere
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:50:19 AM

Very nice story.. Thanks for sharing.

Opps.. and Happy Birthday!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
solimi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:17:24 AM

I wish you have a happy 30th birthday.
kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 01:38:02 AM

thanx for kind words!

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:46:48 AM

Your real wealth is in your youth.  May you enjoy the next 30 years.
Winner quote +30

+60

What i wouldn't give to be 19 right about now.  And able to enjoy Bitcoin at its apex when I hit 30-ish .... *dreams*

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:41:38 AM

What I wouldn't give to have heard about bitcoin back when faucets were giving away 1btc per gmail address - omg that hurts. I don't even know what a faucet is but I'm pretty sure it isn't happening now. I'm always late for everything.

Happy Birthday.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 12:43:50 AM

What I wouldn't give to have heard about bitcoin back when faucets were giving away 1btc per gmail address - omg that hurts. I don't even know what a faucet is but I'm pretty sure it isn't happening now. I'm always late for everything.

Happy Birthday.

Faucet is a place that promotes coin by giving it away FREE. This is the best BTC faucet/game right now - http://freebitco.in/?r=520 [reflink but its my birthday thread so its fully cool!].

Denise520

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:36:46 AM

Happy Birthday! Thanks for your sharing.
PHP.guru

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:12:07 AM

HAppy burthday you lucky bastard. Smiley

twistyfy

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:27:04 AM

So today is my round date birthday - 30th. I`ve decided to share a bit my last 4 years with cryptocurrencies - and of course Bitcoin which is the main and best one.

The story won`t be long but maybe will motivate somebody or.. whatever. Just i feel such date should have something extra done than usual drinking and partying.
Please also don`t scream for typos or so - im not native english speaking, so if you love perfect english.. take some handkerchief to stop bleeding from your eyes Smiley

I got into BTC in 2010 when the main faucet of bitcoin [propably also 1st one] was giving 1-1,5BTC to everybody without any checks, later the yadded that it was 1BTC per gmail account.
My friend who introduced me to bitcoin back then said we should but loads and we will be rich one day. So we did buy some numbers at 4$, the nwhen they jumped to 20$ - we were like - OMG, what a profit - sold alot.
Later on it dropped again to 5 or 10$, so i forgot of my wallet and had it somewhere on some old hdd. There was topic on the forum with other altcoins but i seen no real reason for them to exist - if BTC is so small, why to make clones?! That was my logic back then.

So years passed [literally!] and i had no idea whats up with the BTC community till one day at some forum of my other interests somebody wrote - BTC is at 200$. After some hardcore digging [where the wallet was and how i found it again would require itself post] i got my wallet.
Again i had old coisn from 2010 bought at 4$ so i was selling heaps at 200-250$ range + bought some miners.

So since BTC raised so much i`ve noticed also PPC/LTC having correlation. Due to story of  2010 [yes i had coins, but imagine if i bought back then 1000 times more?!] i got into LTC at 4$ and PPC at 1 or 2$.
Soon BTC got to 1000$ and other coisn raised [LTC to 50$, NMC to 13$ etc]. By this time i understood BTC and all cryptomarkets are not going anywhere and this is the future.

I started buying in BTCs and got into altcoins - of course only to get them into BTC at some point. I was buying asic miners, reading loads about algos, news and other coins. I dedicated myself to cryptocurrencies aroudn year ago now.
Did GOX touch me? Not at all. When i heard first bad news on this market i took everything out to BTC-E and never looked back. I have some past in business and i trust my gut - it never fails me. It didnt at this time either.

Anyways back to altcoins. I`ve noticed a good - short-term - way to make BTCs is on mining scrypt coins and exchaning them on the right price. I`ve really spent 24/7 reading, studiying, meeting people [meet as online mostly here on forum].
I fall in love with some coins, i joined foundations of HBN/COL and im promo team member of SUN,LGD,METH. Of course i helped many other coins with mediating them to exchanges, helpign to get games, merchants and services.
I have to say i have preety nice farm of scrypt/gpus - around 20mh`s now. Im not just buying/selling, im an active miner helping networks to push their transactions.

What i always loved in cryptos is people helping others, tipping them - no greedyness [of course not everywhere, but we can say as a community we are really good and helpful people] so i`ve decided to do somethin for others too.
For start i made a twitter - http://twitter.com/kingscrownBTC where i got really huge numbers of followers - mostly due to many coin giveaways and pump infos that i`ve shared. I was happy with followers but felt like 1-2 sentence infos is not enough from me.
But i`ve decided to push it futher - ive made Financial Underground Kingdom - http://fuk.io blog with double-optin mailing list and even tho it has just 4 posts now.. it has 1300+ peopel subscribed and loads of extra readers.
This is the place where i share some inside infos on what i suggest to get, when or what is interesting.

Currently in EU im involved in some big brick n mortrar projects with a few big persons of this forum [i will not mention them now as it may not be time yet] - fully BTC targetted. Where it will all take me/us? Time will tell.
I an just say im now [by today] 30 years old, happy, free and i like helping others!

What else is in this story? I read alot of people saying 'if only i were into BTC in 2010-2011' i would be millionaire now. Would you be? Who in 2010 would buy 324234234 BTCs for 4$ and even if he did.. who wouldnt sell most of them at 20$? [500% raise of profit!].
He didnt sell at 20$, what do you say about when it hit 200$ after 2 years of beeing nowhere? That is.. 5000% raise! You wouldnt do that? You are not man of business then! 5000% raise after 2 years staganation/loss is INSANE TO NOT SELL.

What im trying to say here - not always the oldest people in game are the richest, from the old BTC holders the most money made ones that forgot of their wallets [you heard such stories].People who had their wallets open seeing this prices had to sell most of their coins. I highly doubt somebody got into BTC at 4$, hold till 1k$ and sold then. Id rather say either coisn were sold 100-300$ range or not sold at all [some people just hold!].
IMO more big whales [by % of whales] are the guys who entered BTC at 100-500$ range and then invested than oldboys.

What it also means? It also means, even if you are new to cryptos - with dedication and head on your neck, you can still enter this business and be successful.
The community is really helpful so dont be scared to ask. Who doesnt ask - doesnt learn.

Hope you liked the read!
If you want to send me birthday present feel free to tip me anything you wish:
BTC - 1Q2JmTU8RRZTLYcyDsGPHTUNarmcLMdvpb
LTC - LXZsSzX6Q5T4CXdLGFpSdsensyyBJJuBe7
NMC - N7q37rDahGXDA8vE7xx8cbmReSynAcKDpR

If you just want to say your opinion, call me names and what not - go for it Smiley It took me some time to write this, so any appreciation on the content will be cool!

Happy birthday to you!
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:49:36 AM

30 is good number. Go for it man!

yolo
TheGambler

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:15:21 AM

I would give you a tip @ 1Q2JmTU8RRZTLYcyDsGPHTUNarmcLMdvpb for your birthday but I don't have much to spare right now
Sad to see no one hasn't given anything Sad Hope someone gives you a nice bitcoin gift soon Smiley
freebitcoins4u

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:33:23 AM

i wish i bought btc on 2010!
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile