Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:54:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Futurecoin|Groestl-Skein-SHA256|Crypto Vesting|Launch Thread|REQUIRED CLIENT UPDATE!  (Read 37523 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:45:40 PM

I an upset because of the scam launch. I wasted the 1st 7 hours on a forked chain or some other issue. The blocks I found were all wasted when I realised that there is a new wallet and I have to re-download the block chain. So many people called for re-launch but the dev refused.

Good luck if this is the way "management" will be running things for this coin as an indication of tone at the top.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
procrastinationtm

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:55:10 PM

I an upset because of the scam launch. I wasted the 1st 7 hours on a forked chain or some other issue. The blocks I found were all wasted when I realised that there is a new wallet and I have to re-download the block chain. So many people called for re-launch but the dev refused.

Good luck if this is the way "management" will be running things for this coin as an indication of tone at the top.

lol new wallet doesnt cause fork if you were mining wrong chain for 7 hours then you have problem
Cryptoinn

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:59:42 PM

Omg! You losed your 7 hours!? Coin so broken and should be deleted.
Lol
I got 7k coins(unmatured ofc) for a few hours and planning to mine 200k-300k more before pump time will come.
I dont care about 5mil sold IPO coins, like i never care about thousands of ltc mined each day.

This coin have amazing 3-algo mix, and nice multipool/dump protection.

go go!  Cheesy
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:49:59 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 04:01:22 PM by jc12345

lol new wallet doesnt cause fork if you were mining wrong chain for 7 hours then you have problem

I installed the launch wallet that was password protected. I waited up until 00:00 local time when it launched. After setting it up to start solo mining I started mining and started finding blocks. After this I went to bed and left it on. When I woke up this morning my wallet was on 69,000 coins immature but when I looked at the tx list they were not confirmed. I looked and saw a new wallet was released.  Installed the new wallet and re-downloaded the block chain. Of the 140 blocks solved only 5 were confirmed. I mine SHA256, but with the low number of coins that you can actually mine with the amount of THs thrown at it it is completely unviable to mine with SHA. Maybe it is more viable with GPUs on other algos but not with BTC asics. Stuffed up coin this is. You should have seen all the upset people in IRC. Also, pools were not up for SHA and only one pool was working.
Hodor_keeper_of_the_light

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:45:59 PM

hi when can i get my ipo investment?

There are no mature coins yet, I think

flubber

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:13:38 PM

I installed the launch wallet that was password protected. I waited up until 00:00 local time when it launched. After setting it up to start solo mining I started mining and started finding blocks. After this I went to bed and left it on. When I woke up this morning my wallet was on 69,000 coins immature but when I looked at the tx list they were not confirmed. I looked and saw a new wallet was released.  Installed the new wallet and re-downloaded the block chain. Of the 140 blocks solved only 5 were confirmed. I mine SHA256, but with the low number of coins that you can actually mine with the amount of THs thrown at it it is completely unviable to mine with SHA. Maybe it is more viable with GPUs on other algos but not with BTC asics. Stuffed up coin this is. You should have seen all the upset people in IRC. Also, pools were not up for SHA and only one pool was working.

Wait here one moment, you went to bed and saw ALL the upset people on IRC, ohh you dreamt about them, well anyway I was on IRC and it was 1 max 2 people that wanted a relaunh becouse they solo on wrong fork, we were mybe 30 people that thought all was fine becouse it was so small issues... sorry that you lost your coins but you will hit some other coin next time (if your lucky you will instamine that), thx goodbye
Cryptoinn

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:22:05 PM

And still noone care about your losed night of mining. Coins designed for a years.
If you so good, feel free to mine another 69000 today or whatever.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:46:26 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 06:59:52 PM by jc12345

And still noone care about your losed night of mining. Coins designed for a years.

I did not say you should care. I am just saying the launch was flawed. My asic miners are still on Futurecoin, but I will take them off in the morning back to BTC because it is not worth it to leave them on this coin with such a high difficulty and small coin return/effort. I will rather if I decide so buy a ton of them with the BTC mined when the IPO dump their millions. It is much easier that way than putting my precious asics on this any further.

I mined almost a day now with 2THs on SHA256 and amassed a whopping 9000 at a difficulty in excess of 2million. If I spent the day mining BTC I could have gotten 0.14 or so BTC. Lets say this coin launches at 100 sats per kFC I could buy 140,000 kFC. Even if it is 1000 sats I can buy 14,000 which is more than the 9000 kFC I can mine a day. I dont know why the diff has to be so high at the network hash rate it is at. It doesnt make sense.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:52:08 PM

Wait here one moment, you went to bed and saw ALL the upset people on IRC, ohh you dreamt about them, well anyway I was on IRC and it was 1 max 2 people that wanted a relaunh becouse they solo on wrong fork, we were mybe 30 people that thought all was fine becouse it was so small issues... sorry that you lost your coins but you will hit some other coin next time (if your lucky you will instamine that), thx goodbye

I was on IRC for the first 45min or so reading all the complaints.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:14:22 PM

I did not say you should care. I am just saying the launch was flawed. My asic miners are still on Futurecoin, but I will take them off in the morning back to BTC because it is not worth it to leave them on this coin with such a high difficulty and small coin return/effort. I will rather if I decide so buy a ton of them with the BTC mined when the IPO dump their millions. It is much easier that way than putting my precious asics on this any further.

I mined almost a day now with 2THs on SHA256 and amassed a whopping 9000 at a difficulty in excess of 2million. If I spent the day mining BTC I could have gotten 0.14 or so BTC. Lets say this coin launches at 100 sats per kFC I could buy 140,000 kFC. Even if it is 1000 sats I can buy 14,000 which is more than the 9000 kFC I can mine a day. I dont know why the diff has to be so high at the network hash rate it is at. It doesnt make sense.

Yeah the IPO coins are going to sell for cheap because no one likes IPOs. This coin is doomed to fail because it did an IPO.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:31:35 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 09:16:10 PM by dzarmush

Yeah the IPO coins are going to sell for cheap because no one likes IPOs. This coin is doomed to fail because it did an IPO.

Bullshit. Everybody likes IPOs. I love IPOs. I suppose I'm the largest investor in Futurecoin and I'm not going to sell a single coin through exchange before miners set a price. I respect people's work and the fact that they use their powerful rigs and asics to get the coin and I believe only miners can set the price — profitable enough to mine the coin, but not too expensive to be able to sell it.

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:25:53 PM

Bullshit. Everybody likes IPOs. I love IPOs. I suppose I'm the largest investor in Futurecoin and I'm not going to sell a single coin through exchange before miners set a price. I respect people's work and the fact that they use their powerful rigs and asics to get the coin and I believe only miners can set the price — profitable enough to mine the coin, but not too expensive to be able to sell it.

Any coin that has an IPO/premine sucks. Why do they suck you ask? Because someone could clone this coin tomorrow and release it without the IPO/premine. All the miners would leave this coin for that new coin. Even the miners who got lucky and mined big wallets would leave this coin for the next one without the IPO/premine so that they could try to get a big bag of that new coin.

Moral of the story: IPO/premined coins are all doomed to fail (Some people will probably make money off this coin because cryptocoins are "hot" but it won't be much and most people won't make anything off this coin). Cryptocoins aren't about getting rich. This is about the world developing the best open source technology ever created. IPOs/premines try to turn this lovely thing into something a company can control. IPOs are a stupid joke in the small but growing cryptocoin community.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 09:30:31 PM

I have updated all the pools to the latest wallet with the hardfork at block 10.000 !

ocminer your skein pool stat looks a little wrong to me? Thanks

Yup, i will fix that soon, need some testing before, but dont worry, they are Displayed too low for all currently so You dont Miss anything

The hashrate is lower than my miners should be.
Anything wrong ?

+1

Working on that, it is reported too low for everbody currently, so You dont Miss anything, dont worry.
Will be fixed soon.

I've fixed the displayed hashrate now, but it'll take a few hours (few blocks) until the old stats are purged and the new get active. So approx. in 2-3 hours your real speed should be displayed.

Again, there were too slow for all miners, so no, you did not lost anything, you've got paid the same part as now with higher displayed speed.

I'm a bit disappointed that so few miners are mining this coin.. I have barely 200 miners all over my pools (and they are dropping continously..).. Probably the long confirmations are wrong way, this coin was probably released before time/miners was/were ready for such a thing...

As I'm getting more and more mails and PM's concerning the payouts:

The pools pay out as soon as the coins mature - automatically - the "problem" is, this coin is designed that blocks mature after approx 14 days - so - yes - you have to wait about 14 days until your payouts are processed, this is no pool problem, its by design from the coin, guys !

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:37:13 PM

Yes the start was a bit shaky but what coin start isn't. All in all I have been mining since the start and I am happy with the results so far.

So it is not all butt hurt news. There are some who are happy with everything so far. Wink

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:50:51 PM

Any coin that has an IPO/premine sucks. Why do they suck you ask? Because someone could clone this coin tomorrow and release it without the IPO/premine. All the miners would leave this coin for that new coin.

Any proofs? Or just rich imagination?

Cryptoinn

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:54:44 PM

I know some very nice and stable coins with IPO, like UTC for example.

Anyway, 13 days left  Roll Eyes
tajnost

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:41:20 AM

omg have been mining at http://fc.pool.mn since launch .. how is it possible this pool to find no blocks yet??? >_<
Jeangrey

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:46:53 AM

omg have been mining at http://fc.pool.mn since launch .. how is it possible this pool to find no blocks yet??? >_<

Current Total Miners    0
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:10:53 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 01:30:37 AM by dzarmush

I know some very nice and stable coins with IPO, like UTC for example.

Anyway, 13 days left  Roll Eyes

I simply see no logic in his words. Why would someone jump to another new coin from more or less established current just because that new coin had no IPO o_O Especially if current coin already sold on exchanges and brings profit. Who knows what will happen with a new one. But let's assume lots of people moved to a new coin. Then difficulty would drop and current coin becomes more profitable for those who stayed. And why would miners prefer no IPO coin in the first place...

eXo coin has 50% IPO and I'm sure lots and lots of people will mine it anyway. The guy clearly has some personal problems with IPOs and tries to expand them on others. Or maybe he just mines some rival coin.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:35:01 AM

There are few mistakes. 1000 Futurecoin is the equivalent of 1 kFC and there will be 100'000'000 kFC total which is 100 billion coins.

This IPO is of an unknown size, which is a red flag - Not true.

A major problem with the IPO is investors won’t be receiving Future Coins for 2 weeks after launch, which leaves plenty of time for the developer to disappear - Wat? Smiley First of all coins are held by escrow. Second, it's not the real world, it's Internet. People don't need time to disapper coz they don't have to fly overseas.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: