Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:10:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasonable price for what I need programmed?  (Read 459 times)
CryptoFury (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:17:58 PM

Hello,
I have essentially no programming experience, but run a wordpress website dedicated to crypto. 

I would like web wallets programmed for my site, so users can receive coins from us in giveaways and also be able to purchase really small amounts of coins using paypal (less than $5.00/week or something).
I dont want to build an exchange - just a place that average people can come a buy a little of whatever alt they desire as an investment for the future, not to be sold back right away (we will have a 3 week to 5 week waiting period before users can withdraw, I know thats not exciting, but its for the safety of our users and us to prevent paypal fraud AND because like I said, this site is for people who have $1.00-$5.00 to invest in a coin they think has a future.)

-Web Wallets for 20 coins (I dont know much, but they would be simply keeping track of coin balances correct?  While actual coins stayed in a cold wallet on my pc or secured server?
-Feature to countdown when they can withdraw
-integration into wordpress?

Thanks guys - I would really appreciate any suggestions/help figuring out the right price to expect here.
Also - if you, or someone you know is interested in the job, please message me!

Mike

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:29:23 PM

I think you need to define your requirement more clearly.

1. At the heart of it, you are creating transactions into their web wallet.
But for how many different alts?  Each alt might need slightly different code
(I'm not sure).

2. Do the wallets need to be able to send money? That's another piece.

3. Then you have the user interface for the wallet.  What does it look like,
What functions must it support?

The more details and documentation you create, the better you'll be able
To estimate costs and manage the project.  Coders are going to ask
For this anyway so you might as well do it upfront.

CryptoFury (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:57:11 PM

Thanks - I wasn't sure how much info was necessary to provide in a post like this.

-I am thinking around 20 Alts (I would also need to add more later as they become popular/promising, a price to add them individually to the finished system?)

-They will not need to send money from wallet to wallet on the site, not at first at least (unless this was very simple and would cost very little).  I think all I need is a simple "Withdrawl" field similar to the style of Poloniex, a simple field requesting your Deposit Address with e-mail confirmation.  Remember - they have to wait until their paypal payment is nonrefundable/unreversable.  I know that sounds scammy, but I will be paying them, and its the only way I know to completely protect the site from malicious users creating dozens of accounts buying the max we allow and reversing it all.  Its another reason were sticking to no more than $5.00 invested with new accounts.

-The interface I think would be rather simple.  I am not 100% certain what I need, an am open to suggestions.  I think a simple page that resembles Mintpals trading page - listing the alts on the left by name and symbol, with detailed information I would give for each coin in the main column of the page where on MP the chart/orders are located.  Users will have the ability to fund their account with up to $5.00USD (with older accounts able to fund with more) via PayPal only.  Something like after 1 month, you can invest $20?  After 3 months $50 and thats the max?  I really dont have this hammered out yet - I dont want a site dealing with large amounts of $, rather a very interested and speculative community that can feel equal to each other in their investments (that's not the main goal, but a nice bonus IMO).  Site will feature a forum and the works and I hope to grow a community of Alt users/speculators unlike what I have seen elsewhere.

If instead of funding your account, you think it would be simpler to have this page I spoke of listing all the coins, and when users choose one they like, add a simple paypal Buyitnow button to that page and let them buy however much they want (within their limits).  If we did this, I could almost setup what I am looking for, less the coin balances.  At any rate - once users have purchased their coins, they can see them in their balance as pending, with a timer that counts down the time to their ability to withdraw.

If I missed anything that I should add - let me know if you would, and thanks again for the comment.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:24:14 PM

Sounds like doing this with a single alt would be in the ballpark of $1000 to $2000.

monsterbitty

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:02:29 AM

Hi,

i can able to do this job. Can you please send me pm with your gtalk or skype?
so that it would be more easy to get in touch with you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: