Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:57:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy a piece of Bryan Micon in the 2014 WSOP  (Read 2321 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:27:16 PM

Public Sheet listing all pieces sold:  tiny.cc/2014MiconWsop

Twitter:  @BryanMicon

You may know me from:  SealsWithClubs, DonkDown, making an ass of myself on ESPN during the 2006 WSOP on the way to winning $100k+: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mBUA-uUDM

my WSOP cashes:  http://www.wsop.com/players/playerprofile.asp?playerID=19110

hendon mob, a more complete MTT DB:  http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=67931

It's that time of year again!  For the last few years I have sold a % of my summer WSOP package, and this year will be no different!  I usually sell most of the package to my poker friends that know my game well and are accustomed to taking pieces of other professional players, but I also welcome anyone in the bitcoin gambling community wants action to buy some Micon this year Smiley  

There is one consideration that may turn off many of you, and that is if I cash in any one event for more than $20k I will need to 1099 you for your portion of the win.  I know that sucks, but we are in the infancy of building a currency and payment network to destroy arbitrary rules.  It will likely take some time, and we are not there yet.  So the lol documents will have to be sent if I make a large score.  

Another consideration before buying a piece is that the WSOP is played in USD.  That means that you are essentially divesting some of your bitcoin to gamble it in USD for the entire month of June and even a little bit of May and July.  Simply please consider that if BTC goes to the moon during the summer you may be dissapointed in your investment.  Conversely if it tanks you have saved, but I think virtually this entire forum thinks it will trend higher over time.   I convert at current bitstamp price when you send coins, and upon cashing I will make bitcoin payment to you also at current bitstamp price, and I will make my best effort to do so within 48 hours of the event completion.

** NOTE:  Notice the drastic difference in my offerings vs. other HYIPs and random scams - I am an easily verified real human, an easily verified professional poker player, I've been the SealsWithClubs site pro since 2011 and I tell you the reasons why you may not want to invest.  To take another human's monies for a shared gamble or investment is something I take very seriously.  I strive to perfectly manage your expectations, laying out all possible future issues up from.  Always be wary of those that offer in vague terms & refuse to explain important functions claiming "secrets"

any questions / comments / please fire away.  Minimum 2%  >>> tiny.cc/2014MiconWsop <<<

If you want a piece hit me up micon@sealswithclubs.eu or PM here or find me in SwC chat / tourneys / cash

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:49:02 PM

invest in micon and not the ponzis

i was also in that 2006 ME gl this year
mdzedzej

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:04:59 PM

I watch WSOP all the time, good luck man.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 06:03:03 AM

I watch WSOP all the time, good luck man.

#InternetBroFist

invest in micon and not the ponzis

i was also in that 2006 ME gl this year

8k+ of us Smiley

and holy shit is this a better gamble than the ponzi's Smiley

"Instead of throwing your btc away, at least actually gamble it in Vegas all summer"

glglglglgl serp

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 06:14:49 AM

Do you plan on doing something on sealsdeals like last year? Reason I ask is because min of 2% seems $1.400? And unfortunately that's not good for my BRM. Would love like 0,1% - $70 for the gamble but I can imagine that gives you too much administration if you handle it manually.

GL already anyway Smiley

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 03:17:04 PM

Do you plan on doing something on sealsdeals like last year? Reason I ask is because min of 2% seems $1.400? And unfortunately that's not good for my BRM. Would love like 0,1% - $70 for the gamble but I can imagine that gives you too much administration if you handle it manually.

GL already anyway Smiley

tyvm for the interest.  I tried a few times to contact Ender, who runs Sealsdeals.info and set that up last time.  He didn't respond after the first dozen or so requests, so I stopped requesting Smiley

if anyone else wants to build a similar system, I'd love to be able to sell micro-shares for btc, but without an automated system it's not something I can offer this year.

I know $1400 prices out most bitcoin gamblers, and I never expected bitcoin-buyers to make up a bulk of the backing (my poker associates have filled that role any time I've asked) but I did want to offer the option to any bitcoin ballers or a group getting together to buy 2% between a few guys.

glglglglgl

sngwinner

Activity: 432

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:33:58 PM

Good Luck on this venture and I'm sure everyone appreciates the disclosure.  I thought last year you pieced yourself out on individual events, no?  Any chance of doing this if you don't have enough interest in the entire deluxe premium Micon package?  Tongue

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 03:52:59 PM

Good Luck on this venture and I'm sure everyone appreciates the disclosure.  I thought last year you pieced yourself out on individual events, no?  Any chance of doing this if you don't have enough interest in the entire deluxe premium Micon package?  Tongue

I did make it super-customizable last year for investors and it became way too complicated IMO.  I ended up with 22% of myself in some events and 50%+ in others, as I have trouble saying "no" and many wanted action on the $1k NL's but didn't want to fire big on the $10k HORSEament.  This year I'm going for simplicity and fewer total backers.  I realize this will shut out the little guy, and I do wish I could give that guy action, but without an automated system it's too much spreadsheeting for me.  there is also a tax implication of if I make a >$20k score, as I will have to 1099 the group, as the WSOP is a USD tournament and I'm a USA citizen. 

so after turning off likely 90+% of possible investors, I still have a few % points available for sale Smiley

makes me feel good to put all the negatives out there before anyone sends coins.   I hope this offering, even to those uninterested in backing a poker player, serves as an example of how to do business ethically and honestly from the start.

sngwinner

Activity: 432

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:22:09 PM

I did make it super-customizable last year for investors and it became way too complicated IMO.  I ended up with 22% of myself in some events and 50%+ in others, as I have trouble saying "no" and many wanted action on the $1k NL's but didn't want to fire big on the $10k HORSEament.  This year I'm going for simplicity and fewer total backers.  I realize this will shut out the little guy, and I do wish I could give that guy action, but without an automated system it's too much spreadsheeting for me.  there is also a tax implication of if I make a >$20k score, as I will have to 1099 the group, as the WSOP is a USD tournament and I'm a USA citizen. 

so after turning off likely 90+% of possible investors, I still have a few % points available for sale Smiley

makes me feel good to put all the negatives out there before anyone sends coins.   I hope this offering, even to those uninterested in backing a poker player, serves as an example of how to do business ethically and honestly from the start.

Yeah this is absolutely the way to present your package.  Much respect on the full disclosure.  I'll be waiting until closer to the event to pull the trigger, but I'm less interested in the smaller events and more interested in the main and horse events.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 04:25:43 PM

I like your excel sheet!  Wink

brian123321

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:44:30 PM

Can we get results from the past years?

I know that this can be looked up but would require us to dig through every event for every year for the past 5 years plus.  I would imagine you could remember your scores and therefore provide past results more efficiently

Tips: 1PyqHAuUU54Bk53XFwGoYAGciovHtL7CEL
justbc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 10:29:35 PM

Agreed, an accounting of past performance is needed.

It's a bit strange also, to raise (a relatively small amount) money if you've been successful for at least 7 years. The 100k ME cash, rather than being a jumping off point, so far looks like the peak of your career.

The worst part is you're raising money at a markup! A whopping 12.5%!!!

Lastly, the youtube video is a red flag IMO. It was pretty blatantly disrespectful. You should read Barry Greenstein's book.

Let's Bet Together @ Nitrogen Sports
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:23:48 AM

I like your excel sheet!  Wink

feel free to take and modify!  I know that's how I made it Smiley

Agreed, an accounting of past performance is needed.

It's a bit strange also, to raise (a relatively small amount) money if you've been successful for at least 7 years. The 100k ME cash, rather than being a jumping off point, so far looks like the peak of your career.

The worst part is you're raising money at a markup! A whopping 12.5%!!!

Lastly, the youtube video is a red flag IMO. It was pretty blatantly disrespectful. You should read Barry Greenstein's book.

I have a feeling this offer to buy pieces of me just isn't for you. 

Can we get results from the past years?

I know that this can be looked up but would require us to dig through every event for every year for the past 5 years plus.  I would imagine you could remember your scores and therefore provide past results more efficiently

Here are some links to my cashes: 

http://www.wsop.com/players/playerprofile.asp?playerID=19110

http://www.bluff.com/players/bryan-micon/19110/

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=67931

but that only tells you half the story.  buy-ins were not recorded and listed publicly until 2010 I think...  for this package, consider you are lighting money on fire and like to reload the pokernews live event update and you know Micon will ship the money if we win.  I estimate my mix game MTT ROI to be ~150% and I sell at ~112%.   Proving that is very difficult, as it happened across many venues over the past decade.  I completely understand someone being initially interested but not having enough proof that I am a winning tournament poker player and not investing. I don't want to come across as rude, but I'm not going to debate someone on the merit of my offering. It's no matter to me this year, as the rise in bitcoin price means I don't need to sell any % to play my full schedule, and I'm confident I'll sell the 20-30% piece as planned.  I gave the bitcoin community a chance to fire on me last year, some did and I lost overall, with the highlight being a deep run leading to a 10k score in a $1500 NL - so if anyone wants to re-fire again this year i'm going to sell off ~20-30% total, might as well give those guys an anyone else with btc a chance.

I think it's +EV to buy me for this WSOP package and look forward to the almost month-and-a-half of constant tournaments, tweets, chip count updates, and with a bit of luck some final tables and big scores!

justbc

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:12:33 PM

How can you throw out numbers like ~150% ROI and not provide an accounting of your LOSSES as well as your wins?

Nobody should take you seriously until you do.

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 09:30:20 PM

How can you throw out numbers like ~150% ROI and not provide an accounting of your LOSSES as well as your wins?

Nobody should take you seriously until you do.

Let me rephrase:  ROI, or return on investment, certainly includes both wins and losses.  How could you have a % any other way?

Proof is not something you will find here.  Investors can either evaluate my poker skill via the data available or simply want to gamble coins in a non-standard way, not really caring if it is +EV or not.  I personally believe this investment opportunity to buy a % of my action in the 2014 WSOP is +EV, but of course I'm the guy playing and I have a lot of my own "skin in the game" so I'm hoping I am getting it in good. 

If you disagree that it is +EV, there is no love lost.  Simply move on.  This one is not for you.  There will be no verbose proof of my poker prowess to try and coax anyone into investing.  I am a very lucky man in many areas of my life and have no financial need to sell any more than the ~20% of my package already spoken for:

tiny.cc/2014MiconWsop

and there is ~10 days or so until I play my first event, a few friends that come in always want to take a few points, so I'm basically where I want to be with regards to how much I ideally wanted to sell of myself for this year.  If there was bitcoin community interest I could not deny a member of these fine boards some action, as I'll be wearing the SwC green and a Gambit patch while trying to go deep and make dat fiat so I can quickly convert moar to btc Smiley

justbc

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 01:26:18 AM

The operative word was ACCOUNTING. Everybody knows what ROI means. There is something called a record and a list of just your wins (with nothing won since October mind you) does not qualify.

I'm obviously not interested in staking you, but this is a public forum and I'm certainly entitled to comment on this, for my own reasons or so that others can see a balanced discussion.

I'm shocked though that someone representing the biggest bitcoin poker site doesn't want to seem more legit or transparent. But then again, SwC itself says "Q: How do I know I'm not being cheated. A: You don't."

Good luck at the tournament, and if you need a good read to relax the mind during the marathon event, please do check out "Ace on the River" by Barry Greenstein. Poker needs more good vibes and less showboating in my opinion.

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 11:59:15 AM

lulz I know Barry G personally and have a signed copy of Ace on the river somewhere here...

ACCOUNTING for every MTT I've played in the past decade is quite impossible.  Many are simply receipts long thrown away.  No cashes since October?  I have a 1.5 year old daughter and now only play WSOP. 

This is a self moderated topic so it's not an "anything goes" thread.  you can feel free to create your own thread about how this is a bad investment and i'm not being transparent.  I can't see it going well for you

The operative word was ACCOUNTING. Everybody knows what ROI means. There is something called a record and a list of just your wins (with nothing won since October mind you) does not qualify.

I'm obviously not interested in staking you, but this is a public forum and I'm certainly entitled to comment on this, for my own reasons or so that others can see a balanced discussion.

I'm shocked though that someone representing the biggest bitcoin poker site doesn't want to seem more legit or transparent. But then again, SwC itself says "Q: How do I know I'm not being cheated. A: You don't."

Good luck at the tournament, and if you need a good read to relax the mind during the marathon event, please do check out "Ace on the River" by Barry Greenstein. Poker needs more good vibes and less showboating in my opinion.

That being said I have ~25% of myself out so I'm not in any need to sell more to feel comfortable.  Winning the 2x $10k seats on WSOP.com sure lightens the load for the summer.  I have a few more shots to bink another $10k getting me close to freerolling. 

Just picked up $2500 at bellagio in 40-80 mix tonight, feeling good about the series.  Always an exciting time of year.  Action must be booked by Wednesday morning, i play at noon. 

glglglglglgl

notserp
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:10:19 AM

gl micon! doing good in that event 19 1500 nl tid
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:52:16 AM

good luck man. after you win a bracelet i want that rematch at yatzy.

if your ever on ESPN remember to give a shout out to YT and mention bitcoin barron
notserp
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:08:55 AM

damn gg 25th not to bad getem next time
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: