Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:29:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin question?  (Read 1082 times)
BitcoinNewbie15 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:41:23 PM

I hear that bitcoin will be unbanned after may 10 in China. Does that mean bitcoins price will go up? Should I buy now? Thanks guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:46:54 PM

I hear that bitcoin will be unbanned after may 10 in China. Does that mean bitcoins price will go up? Should I buy now? Thanks guys.

Why would China say... Banks aren't allowed to transaction money for BitCoin exchanges, then a month later change their mind? While China is a big bitcoin market, there is more to bitcoin than China.

But, that answer to your question, is yes, buy more Bitcoin! It has stabalized at it looks like there is ton's of support at the $400+ level. It has been pretty stable around $450 for quite a while now, if you look at that charts. But, the trend recently took an upturn. I am quite bullish on bitcoin as are many.
BitcoinNewbie15 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:05:49 PM

Why would China say... Banks aren't allowed to transaction money for BitCoin exchanges, then a month later change their mind? While China is a big bitcoin market, there is more to bitcoin than China.

But, that answer to your question, is yes, buy more Bitcoin! It has stabalized at it looks like there is ton's of support at the $400+ level. It has been pretty stable around $450 for quite a while now, if you look at that charts. But, the trend recently took an upturn. I am quite bullish on bitcoin as are many.

Sorry I hate to sound like a huge noob, but why should one buy bitcoin when the price is stable? i thought you where supposed to buy low; sell high? will bitcoin ever go up to the $500 mark again?
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:07:18 PM

Sorry I hate to sound like a huge noob, but why should one buy bitcoin when the price is stable? i thought you where supposed to buy low; sell high? will bitcoin ever go up to the $500 mark again?

Well it is considerably lower than the all-time-high, and if you think Bitcoin is a technology that should be worth more than what it is right now, there's no reason not to buy.
BitcoinNewbie15 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:33:05 PM

Well it is considerably lower than the all-time-high, and if you think Bitcoin is a technology that should be worth more than what it is right now, there's no reason not to buy.

Alright, sounds good. Do you think bitcoin will go up anytime soon? Like is there news of something that is going to happen in the future that will positively or negatively affect the market?
jinjuro

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:59:34 PM

Why would they unbanned bitcoin? So that they can ban it again and manipulate the price?
lynn_402

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:27:50 PM

Alright, sounds good. Do you think bitcoin will go up anytime soon? Like is there news of something that is going to happen in the future that will positively or negatively affect the market?

I've no idea about what will happen soon, but I believe cryptocurrencies are way better as a store-of-value and as currencies than all of those that are commonly used. So I'm pretty confident that, long-term, the price can only go way up.

Imho, the best strategy would be to buy now with half of what your budget allows, and keep some fiat on the side to keep buying if it goes down.
BitcoinNewbie15 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:33:14 PM

Why would they unbanned bitcoin? So that they can ban it again and manipulate the price?

Thats what i figured. Also, people on another thread on this site are the ones that said it would be unbanned after may 10th...
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:51:32 PM

Stable means it isn't jumping from 500 to 300 to 800 to 120 to 950 in a matter of days any more. Of course, if you are day trading it, you hate the stable price.

However, due to the design and the growing popularity I think going long on bitcoin as "part" of your more speculative portfolio is the way to go. At least, that is how I am treating it. I think it has a chance to beat quite a few investments over a 2-3 year period. Some people have predicted 1 BTC = $10,000 USD by the end of the year. I'm not THAT bullish on it, but I guess it's possible. If it is $650 or a bit higher by the end of the year, I'd be very happy I got into it and will continue to buy and hold.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:53:41 PM

So, you think the Chinese government is pumping and dumping?
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:49:31 PM

Bitcoin has never been banned in China. Never.
lynn_402

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:35:33 PM

It is not banned, nor it is allowed. Ambiguous bollocks.
hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:52:56 AM

Where did you get that news? I heard its total ban after may 10..

carpe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:34:33 AM

Thats just china talking out of their ass. They never really ban bitcoin despite the news.

I heard this countless times.
dogec

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:39:14 AM

Thats just china talking out of their ass. They never really ban bitcoin despite the news.

I heard this countless times.

Yup that news was awhile back.

The exchange said their accounts were closing and they re-open like wtf?  Roll Eyes

If anything they need btc more then ever.
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:52:24 AM

Sorry I hate to sound like a huge noob, but why should one buy bitcoin when the price is stable?

So that you can pay people around the globe with extremely low fee and almost instant transfer.

BunsenBurner

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:56:19 AM

There is no "ban" in China, at least up till now. There are restriction of ways to deposit money in exchanges though.

BunsenBurner

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:58:39 AM

I heard of that "May 10 deadline" as well.

Btw, I keep hearing those Chinese "bans" and "deadlines" since last Decemeber.
Were they true? Probably not.
Will there be a ban in the end? Who knows?

lynn_402

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:09:56 AM

I heard of that "May 10 deadline" as well.

Btw, I keep hearing those Chinese "bans" and "deadlines" since last Decemeber.
Were they true? Probably not.
Will there be a ban in the end? Who knows?

Beside, there's no way to stop people from trading bitcoins on the black market.
No government can stop it Cheesy
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:27:51 AM

It is not banned, nor it is allowed. Ambiguous bollocks.

Who says it isn't allowed? It's the PBOC putting pressure on banks to stop them dealing with bitcoin exchanges, but using bitcoins is perfectly fine in China.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: