12:14 < sipa> genjix: i mean even further, it should be clear that you're able to have a name-lookup service without any ability to log in on a server, fiddle with
public keys, know that it uses rsa signatures, ...
FYI there are several parts to my branch
- It's a simple name lookup from a webserver.*
- An example PHP implementation that returns the addresses.
- An RSA keypair class which supports displaying a public key in PEM format.
- An example PHP implementation for a service which allows you to update your public key using an OpenID login (supports Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Wordpress, Launchpad .etc)
- A name lookup update which takes your nickname+address+a timestamp in the POST request and signs it so the server can verify it's you.
- An example PHP name lookup which allows you to set your address.
* This latest pull request is only for this first part. We can make subsequent pull requests for each feature as we go along and decide.