Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:36:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Overstock.com CEO interested in NXT asset exchange!  (Read 6686 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:42:55 AM

centralized checkpoints are problem of Peercoin or Blackcoin, but Nxt solved this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwAGADgnQcrtM3g1cU1VSHZtTGM/edit?usp=sharing
- see pages 17 and 20

Pretty sure Blackcoin removed checkpoints.  I think Whitecoin is going to try decentralized checkpoints and leverage pruning off of that.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThePurplePlanet

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:06:36 AM

There are 3 already http://chromawallet.com/  http://www.mastercoin.org/ https://www.counterparty.co/  with stocks and securities issued.

NXT is the biggest hyped joke of all. Low quality code. Very insecure and this guy http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=4747512364439223888 mined  23298 out of total 127960 blocks. Cryptos used to be about decentralization and now people buy whatever. Cryptos centralized, checkpointing etc. Nobody is thinking anymore This is a complete joke premined public ledger luring noobs. Dont forget that majority of coins are cornered. (71 individuals bought the entire stake for 21 btc)

Agreed. Nxt is a step backward.

Still the NXT fanbois didnt answer the most important security question regarding security. if I own a bunch of coins split them into many accounts I will wait until I get a sequence of 10 blocks and doublespend. Anyone can do it. The less coins you have the more you wait for the stars to align. This means that there is no cost to double spending unlike POW that if you try for a period of time you spend so much money on hardware and electricity that it is more profitable to be honest. NXT is not a solution to the byzantine generals problem and probably is the worst proposal out there from the PoS side. I like the idea of PoS but I m looking for a secure method that introduces cost to double spenders.
JKBtCn

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:27:38 AM

I missed the 2009 bitcoin train....and so did thousands of new (post-2013 to present) crytpo-addicts looking for an investment train to ride. It's important to consider that so much of the 2013 rise of bitcoin was social, regardless of the technical flaws that even bitcoin, yes holy bitcoin, can not avoid. I will not underestimate the power of social movement and NXT is drawing a LOT of attention.

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:36:44 AM

Hasn't Ripple already done this? You guys are a little slowwww  Kiss

What exactly has Ripple done?

Ripple provides a place for me to buy and sell btc IOU's and/or iou's for virtually anything.
How often do I need that service?
Almost never.

Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:13:36 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 07:39:26 AM by Istanbul34

All the FuD still comes from people who don't understand NXT.

I can't blame them. New technology is often threathening to the previous succes like Bitcoin.

I follow NXT since december. And since then I have read all these negative comments you wrote her 50 times now. It has been answered by the developers of NXT.

In the meantime. NXT is getting stronger en stronger every day. No matter how much you try to spread FUD. They will improve.

NXT has not finished developing yet. So don't talk about features of NXT that aren't implemented yet. Right now, we have a client where you can see your balance and you can forge.

Come back in two months and see a totally different NXT. But you will already be too late to buy in. Because YOU don't know what the devs are working on right now.

And I'm not going to tell you what they are working on. Find out yourself =)
ninjenten

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:18:33 AM

NXT is still relatively young, give it a year and you will see wonders!
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:44:43 AM

All the fud still comes from Jr.Member accounts tops. Mostly form Newbies. So basically it's just some noobs who just go through the forum and post fud to every other coin: "scamcoin", "shittycoin" and so on.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:46:38 AM

All the fud still comes from Jr.Member accounts tops. Mostly form Newbies. So basically it's just some noobs who just go through the forum and post fud to every other coin: "scamcoin", "shittycoin" and so on.

No, that's BS.  I personally have a dislike for NXT because I think it too closely resembles "The Creature from Jekyll Island".

It's not like I'm broke and can't buy some.  I just think it's origin is likely to make it a non-starter for the world at large.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:03:41 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 08:14:24 AM by dzarmush

No, that's BS.  I personally have a dislike for NXT because I think it too closely resembles "The Creature from Jekyll Island".

It's not like I'm broke and can't buy some.  I just think it's origin is likely to make it a non-starter for the world at large.

Ok, and what's your problem with Nxt. It's the most advanced coin out there at the moment. Nothing even close is good enough to compare with Nxt.

There are Qora and eXo going to be launched soon and a couple of similar to Nxt coins: NEM and NXTL but all those coins are being developed buy just a few devs. Nxt community is huge with lots and lots geniuos at their fields people that work on tens of projects based on Nxt. You might not realise scale of Nxt.

Read this, for instance https://nxtforum.org/alias-system/separating-out-account-aliases-into-a-different-transaction-type/msg7956/#msg7956
"I'm just one guy and I think I will end up with about a dozen services this year, just extrapolating what dozens of teams will be able to do."
That's what Nxt is. If you don't understand it, then you're missing something truly great.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:08:04 AM

Hasn't Ripple already done this? You guys are a little slowwww  Kiss

What exactly has Ripple done?

Ripple provides a place for me to buy and sell btc IOU's and/or iou's for virtually anything.
How often do I need that service?
Almost never.
From your signature:
https://primedice.com/modals/deposit.html
AKA: "deposit BTC here to be issued BTC.Primedice IOUs that you can use only in one centralized service for gambling"

The market for BTC IOU trade is a bit lower than 2 million BTC/month (http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/), for BTC on the block chain only about 5-10% of that (https://blockchain.info/charts/estimated-transaction-volume?daysAverageString=30) and that does even include transactions to and from BTC IOU issuers (= exchanges).

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:25:58 AM

There are 3 already http://chromawallet.com/  http://www.mastercoin.org/ https://www.counterparty.co/  with stocks and securities issued.

NXT is the biggest hyped joke of all. Low quality code. Very insecure and this guy http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=4747512364439223888 mined  23298 out of total 127960 blocks. Cryptos used to be about decentralization and now people buy whatever. Cryptos centralized, checkpointing etc. Nobody is thinking anymore This is a complete joke premined public ledger luring noobs. Dont forget that majority of coins are cornered. (71 individuals bought the entire stake for 21 btc)

Agreed. Nxt is a step backward.

Still the NXT fanbois didnt answer the most important security question regarding security. if I own a bunch of coins split them into many accounts I will wait until I get a sequence of 10 blocks and doublespend.

Pure fantasy. There is no way you are going to get 10 blocks in a row without spending millions of dollars on buying nxt  (perhaps billions of dollars since prices will increase if someone is buying that many nxt )  If we are playing these "what if" games, then what if I buy 90% of mining rigs -- then I will control all the bitcoins and double spend all I want,

Yeah, right.

Come back once you have 90% of Nxt, then I will take your "what ifs" more seriously.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
antonio254

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:42:52 AM

I have some Nxt, so let's hope it will grow Smiley
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:06:12 AM

Yes it does. I prefer PoW/PoS hybrids because imo PoW is likely to result in wider distribution than initial PoS. Nxt is a horrible investment for new investors imo because forged transaction fees go to the large initial accounts. This is unlike a typical PoS model where someone can at any point invest and almost immediately see a return. I have no financial stake in Nxt's success or failure. I tried it and found it lacking.

That is certainly a problem.

However, it is not a problem of Nxt. It is a problem of those narrow-minded "investors" that only strive to pull out profit from it and nothing else.

Let me put it that way:
 - if you only want get profit and then get out when investing, Nxt is the wrong place.
 - if you want to get profit AND by doing that honestly supporting a decentralized economy, Nxt is the right place.
 - if you want to get profit, to support a decentralized economy AND to contribute ideas, code and initiative, Nxt is definitely the right place.

Nxt is not only a coin but it is also plenty of more. We do Nxt not for ourselves but for all of the people. So, please, when discussing properties of Nxt, do it without that short-term-minded thinking.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:09:14 AM

Pure fantasy. There is no way you are going to get 10 blocks in a row without spending millions of dollars on buying nxt  (perhaps billions of dollars since prices will increase if someone is buying that many nxt )  If we are playing these "what if" games, then what if I buy 90% of mining rigs -- then I will control all the bitcoins and double spend all I want,

Yeah, right.

Come back once you have 90% of Nxt, then I will take your "what ifs" more seriously.

Well done.

I wonder why people do not understand that easily that buying mining equipment or buying Nxt is actually the same. I needed to explain it here over and over again, nobody actually understood it. (Or my English is too bad)
evanxxx

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:38:11 AM

I wonder why people do not understand that easily that buying mining equipment or buying Nxt is actually the same. I needed to explain it here over and over again, nobody actually understood it. (Or my English is too bad)

Your english is good enough. People (not including trolls) are just lazy, they don't do their research and learn. They just put their doubt out and wait for others to feed them. If others do not (This happens a lot, it's really time consuming and frustrating, like CfB said, he cannot take care of every one who don't understand simple things) then they just claim it's a serious problem. Only when Nxt becomes mainstream and the price is high enough, they will think there is a reason and take their doubt only as their doubt not a fact.
evanxxx

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:51:10 AM

After reading some posts across the forum about Nxt, I am really surprised that why I never heard someone complaining that people with more money in bank earn more bank interest and never met someone who dreams becoming rich only by earning the bank interest.
Percy520

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:07:44 AM

Someone said the creator of NXT actually has all of this coin as the 71 individual were not real people...
evanxxx

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:11:09 AM

Someone said the creator of NXT actually has all of this coin as the 71 individual were not real people...

There are initial investors with their real name revealed, do some search.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:11:27 AM

Someone said the creator of Btc actually has all of this coin as the thousands individuals are not real people...

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 10:18:11 AM

Someone said the creator of Btc actually has all of this coin as the thousands individuals are not real people...

Fail argument, stupid member detected
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: