Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:41:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin merchant directory project.  (Read 8467 times)
Anonymous

July 28, 2010, 02:22:44 AM

I have been planning a site that allows site submissions from merchants who accept bitcoins where people can rate and review their service and I have noticed many people are asking for such a site.I have a domain,directory script  and hosting available all I am missing is the skills and availability to implement the site.If you have the spare time and skills to work on this project you can take a %50 equity in future income from the site which will have paid and free services and also display your own ads and links.Of course bitcoin will be an accepted payment and will need to be integrated into the site.I think with the future growth of bitcoin a merchant directory is definitely needed.

There is a demo of the site here-http://demo2.directorypress.net/?dd=New-Directory

I know in future there are plans for distributed reputation systems and other things but in the meantime a business directory will help introduce quality merchants to new bitcoin users to lessen the chance of dodgy operators.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 28, 2010, 07:52:20 PM

I have been planning a site that allows site submissions from merchants who accept bitcoins where people can rate and review their service and I have noticed many people are asking for such a site.I have a domain,directory script  and hosting available all I am missing is the skills and availability to implement the site.If you have the spare time and skills to work on this project you can take a %50 equity in future income from the site which will have paid and free services and also display your own ads and links.Of course bitcoin will be an accepted payment and will need to be integrated into the site.I think with the future growth of bitcoin a merchant directory is definitely needed.

There is a demo of the site here-http://demo2.directorypress.net/?dd=New-Directory

I know in future there are plans for distributed reputation systems and other things but in the meantime a business directory will help introduce quality merchants to new bitcoin users to lessen the chance of dodgy operators.

I've done webpage development, including working with wordpress, which looks like what this is based on.  I haven't done this in particular, but I have a lot of free time and would be glad to work on getting it all together.  If you'd like to send a private message letting me know what sort of features you are looking for we can exchange e-mails and I can get to work on tinkering around with this and see if we can get it done up properly.

Would you want merchants to be able to add themselves or need to be added by an admin? 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Anonymous

July 29, 2010, 06:14:27 AM

I've done webpage development, including working with wordpress, which looks like what this is based on.  I haven't done this in particular, but I have a lot of free time and would be glad to work on getting it all together.  If you'd like to send a private message letting me know what sort of features you are looking for we can exchange e-mails and I can get to work on tinkering around with this and see if we can get it done up properly.

Would you want merchants to be able to add themselves or need to be added by an admin? 

Yes it is wordpress.I set up the script in demo/test mode you can see here http://bitcoin.me/.It should give you some idea of the capabilities.
I havent added many plugins yet.The gd star rating plugin is too much to get my head around but it has many of the options that are needed for the thumbs up/down rating system and is recommended by the designers.The merchants can add themselves as there will be a choice of plans including a free option.The script has lots of documentation and support as well as a list of recommended plugins.
rayvellest

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 10:22:28 PM

I'm thinking of setting up some sort of bitcoin-related website myself. I've got the domain http://coinners.com for that, but not sure on what I'm going to build there. I wonder, since it has been a while that you talked about that, have you built your site already? If not, any reason why? I'm trying to figure out what's the best site I could build to help make Bitcoin more popular among the masses.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: