Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:33:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the meaning of Life  (Read 917 times)
Moonway99

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:38:50 AM

We think different and we are different. I guess everyone has their own meaning of life, everyone has their truths and there is no explanation for life that would suit everyone. That's what life makes interesting, to understand others see different opinions, compare them, but you'll always have your own meaning.
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:40:41 AM

Personally, I believe the meaning of my life is to contribute to the survival and advancement of humanity. I try to do this in a number of ways. I continue to learn and practice my craft until I can add to the common knowledge. I volunteer my time to teach and aid others, and I try to live a good life to set an example for others. I do all of this because I have a deep investment in humanity.

MisterDD

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:09:19 AM

True meaning of life is that you find yourself, and your own purpose in this world.
Mostly mistake which people do is next: we want to be rich, to do something impressive etc etc. That is ok, but you need to do what makes you happy, and if you still can be successful and rich with that, then you found yourself, and your happiness.
That is my view on that.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:25:01 AM

Why does there HAVE to be a meaning? We, as humans, have decided that there has to be one, when really, there doesn't have to.Each person can decide what the meaning of their own life is. That's the beauty of being a conscious being who can make decisions. For me, I'm just one guy and I want to be as good a person as I can be. I'm also an atheist. Sometimes I fail at being the best person I can be. That's really it for me.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:27:05 AM

SomethingElse

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:16:36 AM

If you think about the simple life forms, it is quite easy to see their meaning of life.  There whole existence is surrounded around simple making more life. 

This is so apparent in that many life forms will actually die right after mating as they at that point had fulfilled the whole point of their entire existence.

Life then at the lowest levels is something that is much akin to a virus.  It's whole point is just to make more life, just likes a viruses whole purpose is to make more virus. 

Now, something different happens with humans than say a virus.  Humans have achieved consciousness and with this consciousness can now choose the direction of our life.  We can now direct when to reproduce and how and why, but we can even choose not to reproduce. 

So there is a new meaning once consciousness in a sentient being becomes a master of a life within that being.  The point of life no longer has to be about just making more life. 

At this point a sentient being can choose it's meaning and its purpose in life.  So yes, for sentient humans, the point of life is to find the meaning of life.  Maybe that will be to reproduce, or maybe to live in peace, or maybe to experience perpetual self growth.  Maybe it is something else considered "bad".  These are the questions that philosophers have often sit around asking themselves many of times. 

NEM
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:48:52 PM

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: