Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:37:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are the most promising alternate coins?
Blackcoin - 104 (9.8%)
Whitecoin - 133 (12.6%)
Cinnicoin - 21 (2%)
FlutterCoin - 19 (1.8%)
DarkCoin - 79 (7.5%)
Myriadcoin - 26 (2.5%)
Dogecoin - 45 (4.2%)
Zetacoin - 8 (0.8%)
microCoin - 7 (0.7%)
Mastercoin - 8 (0.8%)
Namecoin - 13 (1.2%)
Nxt - 36 (3.4%)
MaidSafeCoin - 9 (0.8%)
Quark - 48 (4.5%)
Litecoin - 62 (5.9%)
Bitcoin - 67 (6.3%)
Primecoin - 8 (0.8%)
Counterparty - 2 (0.2%)
Dogecoin - 32 (3%)
Peercoin - 24 (2.3%)
Goldcoin - 19 (1.8%)
Mintcoin - 93 (8.8%)
Bitcoin Plus - 5 (0.5%)
Fastcoin - 0 (0%)
BitShares-PTS - 12 (1.1%)
Zetacoin - 3 (0.3%)
Feathercoin - 3 (0.3%)
Vertcoin - 65 (6.1%)
Counterparty - 1 (0.1%)
Novacoin - 0 (0%)
Megacoin - 4 (0.4%)
MaxCoin - 5 (0.5%)
Infinitecoin - 4 (0.4%)
YbCoin - 2 (0.2%)
WorldCoin - 26 (2.5%)
Ixcoin - 2 (0.2%)
HoboNickels - 10 (0.9%)
Billioncoin - 1 (0.1%)
Devcoin - 2 (0.2%)
FlutterCoin - 9 (0.8%)
Particle - 2 (0.2%)
Cinni - 5 (0.5%)
Auroracoin - 2 (0.2%)
Anoncoin - 2 (0.2%)
USDe - 2 (0.2%)
Myriadcoin - 14 (1.3%)
Digitalcoin - 15 (1.4%)
Total Voters: 509

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Poll - 2014/05  (Read 6929 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:58:50 PM

I voted for Quark. As I know about the developments behind the scenes I am optimistic about the future development. Yesterday I posted an article about the myth of Quark being premined. Looking forward to read your comments.

I must say I admire the Quark community for sticking with it.

It deserves to start going up in value again just for surviving if nothing else. I sold most of mine ages ago but kept a little bit in my wallet address. I think I'll dig it out again and might even start accumulating again if it's the case that it looks like having a future.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:02:52 PM

...also, for a brand new truly original that's making early miners hold like never before, get in at ground level with Jackpot coin.

Just check the specs. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584481.0

Dual POW and POS.

It's going places for sure.
skeem

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:30:58 PM

I vote mintcoin, because I have compared many coins from different perspectives to get the result.

http://www.mintalien.com/
http://www.mint.tiv.cc/

Coin Revolution
vesalocalbus

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

Surprised Vertcoin's popularity is so low.
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:55:17 PM

Add Mintcoin to the list

Mintcoin is unfortunately stuck in the low satoshi digits until people move their sell orders and there's an upswing in BTC. The order depth is scary on it Shocked

Despite this it has also been the most stable coin that I have witnessed. People making money just by holding Mintcoin. Even though there has not been massive pumps on mint it keeps on gaining community and building a foundation for the coin to stand on. It has a lot of strong people behind it and its popular as the poll suggests.
litemaster

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:01:25 PM

My choices are pretty obvious.
Bitcoin is the gold standard and father of all.
Litecoin is next in line for the thrown.
and Mintcoin has maintained has maintained it's position with only small variances over a long period of time. Mintcoin has withstood many pump and dump attacks, has a great DEV team, has gained acceptance on exchanges and has merchants accepting it.
At this time Mintcoin is leading this poll. I guess I am not alone in my thinking.

BITCOIN: 13UY67yfRjRVMR6hauZJbauHiDfeM2qXSg
MINTCOIN: MdVzxTfLDrzdij9vpee1YJGotBahfsfmqs
ASIACOIN: AH7dunb5G99XzCNj1KnGCdPkqc27pRPfBu
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:16:49 PM

I chose

1. Mintcoin - Great community, great coin, great cause: http://mintcoinfund.org/
Very stable price which is great for its merchant utility (the only coin besides bitcoin that I have bought something with), and the high interest rate means you can receive an ROI even if the price stays the same or dips slightly. I also think this coin is severely undervalued at the moment.
2. Fluttercoin - Invented Proof-of-Transaction which is an innovative reward system that provides incentive to spend/use the coin and provides an additional level of blockchain security and further decentralizes blockchain security. I think it has great potential, especially when complementing Proof-of-Stake systems which reward saving/hording of coins. The dev -thekidcoin- is very attentive to the coin (one of the most active devs I have seen), all it needs is greater exposure and more community backing.

For the third I was stuck between Darkcoin, Maidsafecoin, and Blackcoin.

I picked Maidsafecoin. Although the IPO was a bit of a mess, if they are capable of accomplishing what they have set out to do it could be huge.
cevirmen

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:49:29 PM

Lottocoin should be added.
bramvnl

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:15:13 PM

missing guldencoin, guldencoin is accept at 2 subways in the netherlands
Grifftech

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:15:41 PM

Vertcoin for its ASIC resistance, active dev team, community and push for decentralization. I also get to now merge mine Monocle with it.
burstceo

Activity: 86

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 10:25:06 PM

Myriadcoin is listed twice on there...

SmartHost - Intelligent Hosting
http://www.smarthost.net/?ims=bitcointalk
tristartek

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:33:44 PM

Whitecoin has got some big hands behind it.  There is a lot of PR and buzz going around.

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
spinnel

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:42:08 PM

Blackcoin, darkcoin and doge because they all have massive publicity
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:56:24 PM

only bitcoin (not an alt) and litecoin. Doge an outside chance but will probably end in tears.

Worldcoin has become cult-like the last few months. A recipe for disaster, or mass poisoning.

I like Darkcoin, but it will ultimately fail.

the new paradigm is every coin fails from now on unless something genuinely innovative appears. It will be so innovative that it will literally blow you away.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:01:20 PM

I swear there is one guy with 30 accounts that talks about goldcoin in every thread.  Too bad he is the only one who cares about it.

This is exactly what I thought.

The most promising coins are the coins with the biggest market cap(for a reasonable time span). Just kidding. Check out [shit coin which I have a lot]. With a market cap of $4000 and a trading volume of $2 it is just very unknown for now. But the dev team is very active and because it is very innovative, it will go to the moon very soon. Check out [link1] and [link2].

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
cleanbaldy

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:02:26 PM

Of course, I'll pick WhiteCoin, DogeCoin and BlackCoin.

DogeCoin is where I started.   Shibe for life Smiley
BlackCoin is where I went next.  Love those guys.
WhiteCoin is where I landed after that...

What's been going on with WhiteCoin:   http://thecryptoblog.com/whitecoin-news-update/

Key items:

Multipool:  The fully functional WhiteCoin Multipools will be paying out in WC!  They'll be **BUYING** WhiteCoin from exchanges at **MARKET PRICE** every day, to pay off their miners.   Hash rate is climbing rapidly now that the coin has gone full PoS, which will have an actual market impact.

Security:  No one person in charge.  No hidden blocks and all coins accounted for.   WC is in PoS stage.  Staking is 100% functional.  No more 51% attack or double spend possible.

Wallet: A New MAC & WINDOWS Wallet - http://whitecoin.info/news/whitecoin-wallet-released/

Transparency: WhiteCoin has set up a Dev Foundation team, which provides full logs of their meetings.  They vote democratically on decisions for the coin, both financially and for big decisions.  No one person is in charge!

Hope to see you over at WhiteCoin!

Thanks,
CleanBaldy, WhiteCoin Foundation PR Team
mega

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:31:58 PM

Vertcoin- Decentralization is power!

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
halfcab123

Activity: 224

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:41:48 PM

Of course, I'll pick WhiteCoin, DogeCoin and BlackCoin.

DogeCoin is where I started.   Shibe for life Smiley
BlackCoin is where I went next.  Love those guys.
WhiteCoin is where I landed after that...

What's been going on with WhiteCoin:   http://thecryptoblog.com/whitecoin-news-update/

Key items:

Multipool:  The fully functional WhiteCoin Multipools will be paying out in WC!  They'll be **BUYING** WhiteCoin from exchanges at **MARKET PRICE** every day, to pay off their miners.   Hash rate is climbing rapidly now that the coin has gone full PoS, which will have an actual market impact.

Security:  No one person in charge.  No hidden blocks and all coins accounted for.   WC is in PoS stage.  Staking is 100% functional.  No more 51% attack or double spend possible.

Wallet: A New MAC & WINDOWS Wallet - http://whitecoin.info/news/whitecoin-wallet-released/

Transparency: WhiteCoin has set up a Dev Foundation team, which provides full logs of their meetings.  They vote democratically on decisions for the coin, both financially and for big decisions.  No one person is in charge!

Hope to see you over at WhiteCoin!

Thanks,
CleanBaldy, WhiteCoin Foundation PR Team

Whitecoin for president!

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
regmann

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:50:39 PM

missing guldencoin, guldencoin is accept at 2 subways in the netherlands

its a premine scam coin

they are holding it to dump it on u

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:53:34 AM

Bitcoin has allready made it

Litecoin is well on it's way

If you are asking for coins that people should be looking at ?

If looking for the 'future contenders' or for coins that can accomplish things that go beyond what is available now or that broke new ground I will chime in.

Blake Coin                     -- Building a new system with merged mining , a long term project with an algorithm that has every necessary advantage

RieCoin                         -- Obvious unique math applications

SIC Simple Inflation Coin  --- Started all quark + multi combo algo's and is still running strong (more active on the Russian thread than English (never given the respect deserved , not even traded on any exchange)

NOTE --- RIGHT NOW none of these are considered 'profitable' to mine if you are just looking for something to earn bitcoin.......so that eliminates 99% of the people, very few people mine or support coins that they cannot 'exchange' into bitcoin for a 'profit' ......... few believe or care in the future......

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: