Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:57:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Are Your Heroes In Business?  (Read 1395 times)
LostDutchman (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:43:11 AM

Elon Musk founder of Tesla, I'd love to work in one of his factories designing electric cars.

I'd love to design an all electric RV with smart glasses, a system that adds 95% alcohol to several stuff to make beverages, an inside dependable water supply, self inflating tires, futuristic doors and everything you need to have fun travelling on the road including many ways to generate electricity such as expandable solar arrays, turbines that can be dropped into a river and held with a rope to generate electricity and incredible efficiency with AC due to the smartglass.

Like an ultra high tech camper. I'd live in it. Also it would have a few small areas for dedicated hydroponics and a very primitive food printer/replicator.

This is the life for me, on the road, looking for adventure, i'm sure many others have that dream and a car like this could quickly become a lifestyle for the few who want something like this enough.

TLDR, like Elon Musk proved that an electric car can be fun and sexy and better then a gasoline vehicle I want to prove that an electric RV can excellent for traveling.

If you can afford one.

Tesla cars are only for the financial elite.

If you are going to build an electric RV I hope you get a lot of government funding so that you can waste good taxpayers money for he sake of proving that something can be done but maybe should not be done.

When you electric RV runs out of juice someplace north of Nome in the dead of Winter, don't call me, eh?

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:02:44 AM

If you can afford one.

If you are going to build an electric RV I hope you get a lot of government funding so that you can waste good taxpayers money for he sake of proving that something can be done but maybe should not be done.

When you electric RV runs out of juice someplace north of Nome in the dead of Winter, don't call me, eh?

That was always Tesla's, first make a super expensive, fast car to draw everyone's attention, then less expensive and finally one suited for mass production.

I may also point out that Tesla has already done this but for another company, Mercedes, when Tesla was nearly bankrupt Mercedes gave them a few million dollars to create an all electric version of the smart car which is a ridiculously small car (only good for the city really) but somewhat affordable.

http://www.smartusa.com/models/electric-drive/overview.aspx

Cheapest new electric car (if you call it a car), Designed with Tesla's technology $12,500

I love travelling in any way possible, if a small vehicle now can get 300 miles of range and a microwave and a few other appliances can be run from the solar panels (which people are doing even today) then I don't see why there can't be an electric camper.

Furthermore the electric engine used in Tesla's is tiny and extremely powerful, the thing would fly and there would be a ton of extra space (like in Tesla's cars).

Eventually as batteries improve, electrics are bound to beat other vehicles where range is concerned, A small but efficient generator can always be used to generate electricity more efficiently than an engine (constant RPM) without having to be as powerful and big as the engine itself in case of emergencies. Also a big cost of RVs is fuel which would be minimized.

TLDR: Electric cars are not for rich people, An electric RV would be superior.

I also look up to the way Warren Buffet made his money. He is the very definition of sound investing.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:19:44 AM

If you can afford one.

That was always Tesla's, first make a super expensive, fast car to draw everyone's attention, then less expensive and finally one suited for mass production.

I may also point out that Tesla has already done this but for another company, Mercedes, when Tesla was nearly bankrupt Mercedes gave them a few million dollars to create an all electric version of the smart car which is a ridiculously small car (only good for the city really) but somewhat affordable.

Cheapest new electric car (if you call it a car), Designed with Tesla's technology $12,500

I love travelling in any way possible, if a small vehicle now can get 300 miles of range and a microwave and a few other appliances can be run from the solar panels (which people are doing even today) then I don't see why there can't be an electric camper.

Furthermore the electric engine used in Tesla's is tiny and extremely powerful, the thing would fly and there would be a ton of extra space (like in Tesla's cars).

Eventually as batteries improve, electrics are bound to beat other vehicles where range is concerned, A small but efficient generator can always be used to generate electricity more efficiently than an engine (constant RPM) without having to be as powerful and big as the engine itself in case of emergencies. Also a big cost of RVs is fuel which would be minimized.

I also look up to the way Warren Buffet made his money. He is the very definition of sound investing.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2013/05/tesla_is_worse_than_solyndra_how_the_u_s_government_bungled_its_investment.html
"
Tesla Is Worse Than Solyndra

How the U.S. government’s bungled investment in the car company cost taxpayers at least $1 billion.

In 2009, as the financial crisis raged and General Motors and Chrysler plunged toward bankruptcy, Tesla Motors faced a seemingly impossible task: raising half a billion dollars to build an electric-car factory. Tesla had just staggered through a year of layoffs, canceled orders, and record losses. Then suddenly, salvation. The U.S. Department of Energy offered to lend the company $465 million at rock-bottom interest rates.

Four years later, Tesla Motors offers a remarkable example of how a well-timed government investment in the right company can pay off. Every week, 400 all-electric Model S sedans roll out of Tesla’s factory in Fremont, Calif., which the government’s loan financed. Motor Trend named the Model S its 2013 Car of the Year. Tesla’s stock is the toast of Wall Street, giving the company a market value topping $12 billion. And in sharp contrast to Solyndra, the solar panel maker that defaulted on its $528 million loan from the Energy Departtment, Tesla last week paid the government back early, with interest.

Yet despite all the public celebration, both Solyndra and Tesla stand as warnings of the dangers in deputizing bureaucrats to play bankers and venture capitalists. In both loans, the government walked away laughably undercompensated for the risk it accepted in the startup companies. In fact, the Tesla deal was arguably far more costly for America than the Solyndra fiasco.

Solyndra exposed the first way the taxpayer could lose out. The traditional advantage of making a loan (as opposed to buying stock in a company) is that lenders often get paid something even when the borrowing company fails, because they hold collateral. Solyndra’s bankruptcy revealed the ephemeral value of the government’s collateral. Taxpayers have yet to recover a penny from the company.

Tesla’s runaway success, by contrast, is demonstrating how making venture capital–style investments in risky companies—without demanding venture capital–style compensation in return—can end up costing taxpayers even more. In Silicon Valley, one Google pays for a dozen Pets.com. The government made the key mistake of loaning money to Tesla without insisting on receiving stock options, options that could have allowed the Department of Energy to pay for the Solyndra losses several times over.

When the government’s negotiators started hammering out the details of the Tesla investment in mid-2009, it was obvious to both sides that the feds were in a position to name their terms. Tesla’s management knew that if they couldn’t get the government’s money at 3 or 4 percent interest, their next cheapest source of capital would cost 10 times more, a whopping 30 to 40 percent annually. (That’s according to estimates Tesla made in a regulatory filing, which based its numbers on “venture capital rates of return for companies at a similar stage of development as us.”)

Today, the Energy Department defends the massive discount it offered as perfectly appropriate. “The loan program wasn’t intended to generate profit; the goal of the program is to provide affordable financing so that America’s entrepreneurs and innovators can build a strong, thriving and growing clean energy industry in the United States,” says a department spokeswoman.

Yet isn't affordability the exact reason stock options are standard in normal venture capital deals? When a company is struggling, the options can’t be exercised and thus are perfectly affordable, not draining a dollar of cash from a startup company. Unlike a loan, stock options only cost the company money if it goes on to success—at which point it can afford to share that success with its early investors.

Personal loans made in 2008 by Elon Musk, Tesla’s co-founder and CEO, provide a telling contrast. Musk received a much higher interest rate (10 percent) from Tesla and, more importantly, the option to convert his $38 million of debt into shares of Tesla stock. That’s exactly what he ended up doing, and the resulting shares are now worth a whopping $1.4 billion—a 3,500 percent return on his investment. By contrast, the Department of Energy earned only $12 million in interest on its $465 million loan—a 2.6 percent return.

The government had huge leeway to demand similar terms as part of its loan, given the yawning gap between its interest rate and the cost of Tesla’s next-best source of capital. The government was ponying up more capital than all of Tesla’s previous investors combined. At a bare minimum, the Department of Energy could have demanded a share of the company equal to the 11 percent Musk received for his $38 million loan the year before. Such an 11 percent share would be worth $1.4 billion to taxpayers today.

(Continued from Page 1)

And if the government had wanted to bargain like a real venture capitalist, Tesla’s desperate need for cash gave the feds the power to demand options on half the company’s stock, or more. Over at the Treasury Department, negotiators were demanding big ownership stakes in exchange for life-saving bailouts. The Treasury wound up owning 85 percent of AIG’s stock and 32 percent of GM’s.

There was nothing to prevent DOE from demanding stock options from Tesla. Tesla’s loan came courtesy of a 2007 law signed by George W. Bush, which provided $25 billion for loans backing “Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing.” While Congress required the Energy Department to lend at low rates, equal to what the government pays, the law was silent on the issue of stock options.

And, in fact, the Energy Department actually did negotiate for options on 3 million shares of Tesla stock as part of the original loan, options that would be worth $300 million based on Tesla’s current share price. Unfortunately for taxpayers, those options no longer exist. Tesla had the right to force the extinguishment of those options by repaying the loan early, as it just did. (The Energy Department says that was expected, since unlike typical options these were never meant to turn a profit but rather to encourage Tesla to repay the loan early if it could.)

Elon Musk didn’t mention that $300 million reason when he explained last week why Tesla was repaying the loan early. Musk cast the repayment not as a responsibility to his shareholders but rather as a moral duty to the taxpayers who made his company’s success possible. “Having accepted taxpayer money, I thought we had an obligation to repay it as soon as we reasonably could," Musk told the Wall Street Journal last week.

Asked to explain what, in fact, was Musk’s primary motive for the loan repayment, a Tesla spokesperson declined to comment. (Musk also told the Journal that “If economics were the only consideration we would not have done this," despite the company’s significant economic incentive to kill the government’s options.)

Supporters of the government stimulus program point to Tesla as a shining example of how such investments can be long-term successes. “Ultimately, making the U.S. the leader in advanced vehicles and clean energy will pay for itself many times over as our economy grows and new industries are created,” says an Energy Department press officer.

Here’s hoping that proves true. In the meantime, the question of how to compensate taxpayers for Tesla-esque successes remains a distinct issue, one that the government would do well to pay more attention to the next time it plays venture capitalist. If the government had demanded an ownership stake in reasonable proportion to the amount of money it put at risk, Tesla would be just as successful as it is today. The only difference would be that the taxpayers who saved the company would share in that success."

Corporations For Crypto
+n+(?_?)+n+

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:46:04 AM

My heroes are Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. They simply change the world as you know it.

Smoke up and chill down.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:52:56 AM

I don't have heroes in business, but the people I try to emulate for sure Mark Cuban. Cuban is very honest, blunt and wants to kick ass 24/7. That is me to a T, if I didn't have to sleep I would be working hard to claw to the top of my market.

Second I would say Gary Vaynerchuk, again he just puts it honest and hustles 24/7.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:05:34 AM

I guess nobody. Some of the best businessmen/women, I just try to throw a little of everyone in my ways, regardless of anything.
unpure

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:56:21 AM

My heroes are Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. They simply change the world as you know it.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates should not belong in the same category.

Steve Jobs have a record creating new companies and new product. Bill Gates just got lucky knowing the right people to work for him.
LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 04:15:51 AM

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates should not belong in the same category.

Steve Jobs have a record creating new companies and new product. Bill Gates just got lucky knowing the right people to work for him.

Bullshit.

He got a contract with IBM.

There was no luck involved.

Yours is a typical "Progressive/LooneyLeftie/Liberal" resssponse.

Corporations For Crypto
deepestfear

Activity: 291

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:52:08 AM

Jobs, Gates & Musk

LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 09:36:27 AM

Jobs, Gates & Musk

Bad news boys and girls.

Electric cars are still dependant on fossil fuels for the most part, just as they have been since before 1900 when the first electric car was built.

Have a nice day and make sure to polish up your Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies!

Corporations For Crypto
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:08:39 PM

If you can afford one.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2013/05/tesla_is_worse_than_solyndra_how_the_u_s_government_bungled_its_investment.html
"
Tesla Is Worse Than Solyndra

How the U.S. government’s bungled investment in the car company cost taxpayers at least $1 billion.

In 2009, as the financial crisis raged and General Motors and Chrysler plunged toward bankruptcy, Tesla Motors faced a seemingly impossible task: raising half a billion dollars to build an electric-car factory. Tesla had just staggered through a year of layoffs, canceled orders, and record losses. Then suddenly, salvation. The U.S. Department of Energy offered to lend the company $465 million at rock-bottom interest rates.

Four years later, Tesla Motors offers a remarkable example of how a well-timed government investment in the right company can pay off. Every week, 400 all-electric Model S sedans roll out of Tesla’s factory in Fremont, Calif., which the government’s loan financed. Motor Trend named the Model S its 2013 Car of the Year. Tesla’s stock is the toast of Wall Street, giving the company a market value topping $12 billion. And in sharp contrast to Solyndra, the solar panel maker that defaulted on its $528 million loan from the Energy Departtment, Tesla last week paid the government back early, with interest.

Yet despite all the public celebration, both Solyndra and Tesla stand as warnings of the dangers in deputizing bureaucrats to play bankers and venture capitalists. In both loans, the government walked away laughably undercompensated for the risk it accepted in the startup companies. In fact, the Tesla deal was arguably far more costly for America than the Solyndra fiasco.

Solyndra exposed the first way the taxpayer could lose out. The traditional advantage of making a loan (as opposed to buying stock in a company) is that lenders often get paid something even when the borrowing company fails, because they hold collateral. Solyndra’s bankruptcy revealed the ephemeral value of the government’s collateral. Taxpayers have yet to recover a penny from the company.

Tesla’s runaway success, by contrast, is demonstrating how making venture capital–style investments in risky companies—without demanding venture capital–style compensation in return—can end up costing taxpayers even more. In Silicon Valley, one Google pays for a dozen Pets.com. The government made the key mistake of loaning money to Tesla without insisting on receiving stock options, options that could have allowed the Department of Energy to pay for the Solyndra losses several times over.

When the government’s negotiators started hammering out the details of the Tesla investment in mid-2009, it was obvious to both sides that the feds were in a position to name their terms. Tesla’s management knew that if they couldn’t get the government’s money at 3 or 4 percent interest, their next cheapest source of capital would cost 10 times more, a whopping 30 to 40 percent annually. (That’s according to estimates Tesla made in a regulatory filing, which based its numbers on “venture capital rates of return for companies at a similar stage of development as us.”)

Today, the Energy Department defends the massive discount it offered as perfectly appropriate. “The loan program wasn’t intended to generate profit; the goal of the program is to provide affordable financing so that America’s entrepreneurs and innovators can build a strong, thriving and growing clean energy industry in the United States,” says a department spokeswoman.

Yet isn't affordability the exact reason stock options are standard in normal venture capital deals? When a company is struggling, the options can’t be exercised and thus are perfectly affordable, not draining a dollar of cash from a startup company. Unlike a loan, stock options only cost the company money if it goes on to success—at which point it can afford to share that success with its early investors.

Personal loans made in 2008 by Elon Musk, Tesla’s co-founder and CEO, provide a telling contrast. Musk received a much higher interest rate (10 percent) from Tesla and, more importantly, the option to convert his $38 million of debt into shares of Tesla stock. That’s exactly what he ended up doing, and the resulting shares are now worth a whopping $1.4 billion—a 3,500 percent return on his investment. By contrast, the Department of Energy earned only $12 million in interest on its $465 million loan—a 2.6 percent return.

The government had huge leeway to demand similar terms as part of its loan, given the yawning gap between its interest rate and the cost of Tesla’s next-best source of capital. The government was ponying up more capital than all of Tesla’s previous investors combined. At a bare minimum, the Department of Energy could have demanded a share of the company equal to the 11 percent Musk received for his $38 million loan the year before. Such an 11 percent share would be worth $1.4 billion to taxpayers today.

(Continued from Page 1)

And if the government had wanted to bargain like a real venture capitalist, Tesla’s desperate need for cash gave the feds the power to demand options on half the company’s stock, or more. Over at the Treasury Department, negotiators were demanding big ownership stakes in exchange for life-saving bailouts. The Treasury wound up owning 85 percent of AIG’s stock and 32 percent of GM’s.

There was nothing to prevent DOE from demanding stock options from Tesla. Tesla’s loan came courtesy of a 2007 law signed by George W. Bush, which provided $25 billion for loans backing “Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing.” While Congress required the Energy Department to lend at low rates, equal to what the government pays, the law was silent on the issue of stock options.

And, in fact, the Energy Department actually did negotiate for options on 3 million shares of Tesla stock as part of the original loan, options that would be worth $300 million based on Tesla’s current share price. Unfortunately for taxpayers, those options no longer exist. Tesla had the right to force the extinguishment of those options by repaying the loan early, as it just did. (The Energy Department says that was expected, since unlike typical options these were never meant to turn a profit but rather to encourage Tesla to repay the loan early if it could.)

Elon Musk didn’t mention that $300 million reason when he explained last week why Tesla was repaying the loan early. Musk cast the repayment not as a responsibility to his shareholders but rather as a moral duty to the taxpayers who made his company’s success possible. “Having accepted taxpayer money, I thought we had an obligation to repay it as soon as we reasonably could," Musk told the Wall Street Journal last week.

Asked to explain what, in fact, was Musk’s primary motive for the loan repayment, a Tesla spokesperson declined to comment. (Musk also told the Journal that “If economics were the only consideration we would not have done this," despite the company’s significant economic incentive to kill the government’s options.)

Supporters of the government stimulus program point to Tesla as a shining example of how such investments can be long-term successes. “Ultimately, making the U.S. the leader in advanced vehicles and clean energy will pay for itself many times over as our economy grows and new industries are created,” says an Energy Department press officer.

Here’s hoping that proves true. In the meantime, the question of how to compensate taxpayers for Tesla-esque successes remains a distinct issue, one that the government would do well to pay more attention to the next time it plays venture capitalist. If the government had demanded an ownership stake in reasonable proportion to the amount of money it put at risk, Tesla would be just as successful as it is today. The only difference would be that the taxpayers who saved the company would share in that success."

The US government made millions on the Tesla loan. This is a very misleading title, sure they could have made more but the thousands of well paid jobs coming back are going to be better than the US making more money on Tesla.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:12:13 PM

Henry Ford and Dale Carnegie. One changes the world and the other changed the way I think.

LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 11:18:16 PM

Henry Ford and Dale Carnegie. One changes the world and the other changed the way I think.

There ya go!

Corporations For Crypto
androz

Activity: 728

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:24:49 AM

Chancellor Palpatine is my hero

Well, I see that you do not live in the real world!

so Gordon Gekko and Scrooge Mcduck don't count?  Grin

however i give you a new name, i respect Pietro Ferrero

LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:39:47 AM

Erret Lobban Cord.

Corporations For Crypto
berkelip

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:50:28 AM

Donald John Trump, Sr.
an American business magnate, investor, television personality and author

П    |⧛ Join the signature campaign and earn free PI dayli!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         PiCoin - get in now  ✅     No ICO!  ✅         |⧛
LostDutchman (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 10:37:18 AM

Donald John Trump, Sr.
an American business magnate, investor, television personality and author

Trump is indeed a trip!

Corporations For Crypto
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:17:15 AM

Jobs surely, Buffet, Gates...

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:25:22 AM

I would  say Alan Mulally from Ford .The turnaround he accomplished at Ford required the right combination of business savvy and cultural influence within the company. It was all just in time too. By the time the Great Recession hit, Ford was able to weather it without a bailout. All while dealing with the dynamics of unions. Few CEO’s in history could have done when he has with that company.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:03:45 PM

Here is my hero:

Muhammad Yunus

Code:
 was born in 28th June, 1940 in the village of Bathua, in Hathazari, Chittagong, 
the business centre of what was then Eastern Bengal. He was the third of 14 children
of whom five died in infancy. His father was a successful goldsmith who always
encouraged his sons to seek higher education. But his biggest influence was his
mother, Sufia Khatun, who always helped any poor that knocked on their door.
This inspired him to commit himself to eradication of poverty. His early childhood
years were spent in the village. In 1947, his family moved to the city of Chittagong,
where his father had the jewelery business.

In 1974, Professor Muhammad Yunus, a Bangladeshi economist from Chittagong
University, led his students on a field trip to a poor village. They interviewed a
woman who made bamboo stools, and learnt that she had to borrow the equivalent
of 15p to buy raw bamboo for each stool made. After repaying the middleman,
sometimes at rates as high as 10% a week, she was left with a penny profit margin.
Had she been able to borrow at more advantageous rates, she would have been
able to amass an economic cushion and raise herself above subsistence level.

Realizing that there must be something terribly wrong with the economics he
was teaching, Yunus took matters into his own hands, and from his own pocket
lent the equivalent of ? 17 to 42 basket-weavers. He found that it was possible
with this tiny amount not only to help them survive, but also to create the spark
of personal initiative and enterprise necessary to pull themselves out of poverty.

Against the advice of banks and government, Yunus carried on giving out 'micro-loans',
and in 1983 formed the Grameen Bank, meaning 'village bank' founded on principles
of trust and solidarity. In Bangladesh today, Grameen has 2,564 branches, with
19,800 staff serving 8.29 million borrowers in 81,367 villages. On any working day
Grameen collects an average of $1.5 million in weekly installments. Of the borrowers,
97% are women and over 97% of the loans are paid back, a recovery rate higher
than any other banking system. Grameen methods are applied in projects in
58 countries, including the US, Canada, France, The Netherlands and Norway.

http://www.grameen-info.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=793&Itemid=758

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: