Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:13:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Curecoin Launch is T minus 5-7 days. The new crypto 3.0 PRE ANN  (Read 10193 times)
o3u

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:47:18 PM

I believed in this project from the start!
Congrats cygnus!

Hopefully the twitter/fb will also alert us when donators receive the email (in case it goes straight to spam).
Thom

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Be kind man, don't be mankind

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 06:58:46 AM

My block erupters, dusty and bored of BTC, are ready for Curecoin, as is the idle time of all the computers in the house. And that of my VPS.

I notice androids, modern playstations and other such doowackery can fold too, so many users on bitcointalk who wanted to scryptmine on obscure hardware can fold instead.

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
SuperKing

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:02:38 AM

Yes man,
I'm watting for you so long time.
And I konw this project is still alive!
Looks great!

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. T4RUpqFJdQ627N4HJSXxUqDn4qCveZ4Qs5
escrowman

Activity: 262

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:24:10 AM

Yes man,
Looks great!
if dev do not care about it,we should give up
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:15:27 PM

Yes man,
Looks great!
if dev do not care about it,we should give up

What do you mean by this?

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:21:45 PM

I loved this project when it was started, but he didn't adapted to new technolgies, it is a pity  Sad
Leave the security of the blockchain in hands of a few asic miners isn't a good idea, If he only want to use this as a coin, he should use an idea similar to nodecoin and get rid off the POW thing if this POW can't be used to fold proteins directly "requires much knownledge and isn't as usefull as f@h works" So please, take a look to nodecoin idea or paralell chains IMHO  Smiley
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:18:44 PM

I loved this project when it was started, but he didn't adapted to new technolgies, it is a pity  Sad
Leave the security of the blockchain in hands of a few asic miners isn't a good idea, If he only want to use this as a coin, he should use an idea similar to nodecoin and get rid off the POW thing if this POW can't be used to fold proteins directly "requires much knownledge and isn't as usefull as f@h works" So please, take a look to nodecoin idea or paralell chains IMHO  Smiley

He is not saying leave the security of the network in the hands of a few people. The goal of this coin is to try and allow people to mine without making one technology way bigger than another one - for example make it so that people with Asics can mine but people with Asics don't control the whole network like for Bitcoin.

Therefore he is just saying people who want to mine curecoin can mine with Asics and there mining power will be used for securing the network - like they do with Bitcoin - and in exchange for that they get 20% of the coins.

The POW - if you mean using only Asics or something to mine FAH is impossible because Asics don't work with FAH. I'm confused what you mean by if this POW can't be used to fold proteins directly - you do fold proteins but if people just folded proteins the network wouldn't be secure and transactions wouldn't be managed making it not a coin so Asics are used in that respect.

AtomSea

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:15:17 AM

This looks legit at a cursory glance.
Gonna get our gpu machines primed to do some protein foldin'.
I want this project to succeed - it may help model future programs to have more intrinsically valuable POW systems.
k2_1971

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:41:31 AM

Several months ago I remember reading on the curecoin website that this coin would be proof of stake as well as proof of work like peercoin. If that's true, then having a bunch of ASIC's mining wouldn't be required to secure the network. A single raspberry Pi could do that.

I asked earlier in this thread if curecoin was still PoW/PoS or just PoW like bitcoin. Hoping all of that will be revealed at or right before launch.

Also, there's a legitimate reason why this coin isn't using 'newer' technology like scrypt/scrypt-N/etc - it's because folding requires use of your CPU/GPU. If curecoin were an scrypt-based coin, some folders would point their folding rigs at mining the coin directly instead, and taking away from the most important part of this whole thing. The dev's seem to be on the right track with this coin. I really hope it works out, as people who fold could now potentially be compensated for the time and money spent helping to find cures for various diseases.
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:18:21 AM

He is not saying leave the security of the network in the hands of a few people. The goal of this coin is to try and allow people to mine without making one technology way bigger than another one - for example make it so that people with Asics can mine but people with Asics don't control the whole network like for Bitcoin.

Therefore he is just saying people who want to mine curecoin can mine with Asics and there mining power will be used for securing the network - like they do with Bitcoin - and in exchange for that they get 20% of the coins.

The POW - if you mean using only Asics or something to mine FAH is impossible because Asics don't work with FAH. I'm confused what you mean by if this POW can't be used to fold proteins directly - you do fold proteins but if people just folded proteins the network wouldn't be secure and transactions wouldn't be managed making it not a coin so Asics are used in that respect.

I mean use an algorithm to fold proteins as PoW, like primecoin and riecoin did to find prime chains, but by this way we couldn't use f@h workunits and the results wouldn't be as usefull as f@h works, I think that something similar to robetta 3d protein modeling could be achievable "I'm not a coder or mathematician, only a student and far from brilliant... so maybe this is much much hard that I imagine"
So which I say is that the network could easily become screwed by a few asics owners... and I don't expect a high volume of newer asics mining this coin which only will give them 20% and doubt this could be more profitable than btc mining.
Like I said, is that this idea could be implemented over nxt "similar to nodecoin, look into it" and get rid off from all the asics and have a secured blockchain without them. (I know there are many nxt haters... but a good idea is a good idea...) so please, take a look into it and if it isn't viable, explain me your point and allow me to sleep soundly Smiley
MINIGO

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:20:59 AM

Been looking forward to this for a long time - I'll have three rigs attached to the pool. Let's get started

verysogar

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:27:02 AM

I will pay attention to you Grin
sudukkk

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:29:57 AM

Crypto 3.0!!!
It's about time to start a revolution!
Come on man.
 Smiley Wink Cheesy
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:38:18 PM

I mean use an algorithm to fold proteins as PoW, like primecoin and riecoin did to find prime chains, but by this way we couldn't use f@h workunits and the results wouldn't be as usefull as f@h works, I think that something similar to robetta 3d protein modeling could be achievable "I'm not a coder or mathematician, only a student and far from brilliant... so maybe this is much much hard that I imagine"
So which I say is that the network could easily become screwed by a few asics owners... and I don't expect a high volume of newer asics mining this coin which only will give them 20% and doubt this could be more profitable than btc mining.
Like I said, is that this idea could be implemented over nxt "similar to nodecoin, look into it" and get rid off from all the asics and have a secured blockchain without them. (I know there are many nxt haters... but a good idea is a good idea...) so please, take a look into it and if it isn't viable, explain me your point and allow me to sleep soundly Smiley

The problem I see with your suggestion of the algorithm is that it hurts the effectiveness of the science behind it. Theoretically an algorithm could be written that could fold protein by itself so we wouldn't use f@h but still fold proteins however there are 3 problems with this.

1) F@H has been working on what they have been doing for 10 or more years and they have a very nice system in place for validation and all of that. Plus there points system runs off of comparing what your machine can do compared to a test system which results in increased costs for the curecoin devs who will need to set this up. Getting a validated system is quite hard but you would need a near perfect one in place before you started otherwise people could cheat the system by submitting invalid units - a problem that F@H has experienced a few times in the past I believe. Also I believe F@H is not fully open source - because people could exploit the code and use it to submit invalid work units so this code would need to be written from scratch.

2) The folding of random problems by itself would be useless - we would need a list of what proteins to fold and these are normally developed in Stanford laboratories and then submitted to the network. The cost in research time and equipment to determine what proteins to fold is probably close to if not in the millions of dollars something which I doubt the developers can afford. However, without this step done beforehand it would not be possible to start the coin.

3) The whole point of F@H is to get protein results which are then taken back to the lab and tested out to confirm how useful they are - the computing portion is done to lower the number of possible choices because testing every possible combination would take forever and not be effective. As a result more work would need to be done in order to do the actual science or the protein folding is again useless.

And what you said about the Asics I disagree - I think the network will manage itself. 20% of the coins is still a decent amount and I think it would attract Asics from people who have Asics that are no longer effective for Bitcoin mining (such as first generation Bitcoin Asics from Avalon or Butterfly labs). A lot of these people will/can turn to Bitcoin and then the profitability of the network will manage itself.

I understand that the network could become screwed by a few Asic miners but I also believe that as the coin will attract enough Asic miners to keep it secure.

I like your idea of removing the Asics from the equation and sticking with a F@H algorithm but I believe that the time (years) and the money (close to millions) would probably take so much time that it is not worth  it and probably very difficult to get backing for.

Also to address your question about the primes the reason they are able to do it is because the prime computing doesn't really build off any outside research and the code for how to calculate prime numbers on a laptop is pretty widely available so you just need to modify it some - it is a much simpler calculation and it is a lot easier to confirm whether or not someone has submitted a valid answer.

Hope this helped - I don't know it all perfectly but that is based of my knowledge and research someone else on the project probably has more to add/update with this.

Thanks,
Cameron

cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Several months ago I remember reading on the curecoin website that this coin would be proof of stake as well as proof of work like peercoin. If that's true, then having a bunch of ASIC's mining wouldn't be required to secure the network. A single raspberry Pi could do that.

I asked earlier in this thread if curecoin was still PoW/PoS or just PoW like bitcoin. Hoping all of that will be revealed at or right before launch.

Also, there's a legitimate reason why this coin isn't using 'newer' technology like scrypt/scrypt-N/etc - it's because folding requires use of your CPU/GPU. If curecoin were an scrypt-based coin, some folders would point their folding rigs at mining the coin directly instead, and taking away from the most important part of this whole thing. The dev's seem to be on the right track with this coin. I really hope it works out, as people who fold could now potentially be compensated for the time and money spent helping to find cures for various diseases.

The coin will indeed be pow pos hybrid like peercoin. Thanks for easy to understand explanation for those looking for it. Ive been told that one of the biggest hurdles will be helping people to understand what I already know about how to properly use the system, I've assigned a couple people to the task of making better tutorials and how to videos. Launch time will commence once my team is all online at the same time ( including the launch ready pool operators). Expect to be folding for and mining curecoins anytime between tonight and the end of the weekend. This is why I quoted 5-7 days, to allow for my entire support team to be online for launch to provide mining pools, tutorials, general support, etc. Im ready for launch, how about you guys  Wink

And k2 is right, this coin is designed so that literally one raspberry Pi could secure the block chain. However I imagine there will be a little SHA mining power tossed at it anyways  Grin

cameronpalte is pretty spot on with his descriptions. Read his posts also. I have to get prepared to push the launch button  Shocked

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
fud_etra

Activity: 394

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:28:18 AM

Looking for this coin to be launched Smiley

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:59:14 AM

The coin will indeed be pow pos hybrid like peercoin. Thanks for easy to understand explanation for those looking for it. Ive been told that one of the biggest hurdles will be helping people to understand what I already know about how to properly use the system, I've assigned a couple people to the task of making better tutorials and how to videos. Launch time will commence once my team is all online at the same time ( including the launch ready pool operators). Expect to be folding for and mining curecoins anytime between tonight and the end of the weekend. This is why I quoted 5-7 days, to allow for my entire support team to be online for launch to provide mining pools, tutorials, general support, etc. Im ready for launch, how about you guys  Wink

And k2 is right, this coin is designed so that literally one raspberry Pi could secure the block chain. However I imagine there will be a little SHA mining power tossed at it anyways  Grin

cameronpalte is pretty spot on with his descriptions. Read his posts also. I have to get prepared to push the launch button  Shocked

Give us a little heads up...  dont know if i need to stay up all night now.
betomoon

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:07:17 AM

I think we will receive a email which let us IPO Angry
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:29:10 AM

Give us a little heads up...  dont know if i need to stay up all night now.

If you don't want to worry about staying up you can point your machines towards the pool (cryptobullionpools.com) and get them started folding and then as soon as the coin is released you'll just start getting curecoins with the pool. However, this does mean folding before the coin is released won't pay you anything.

shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:59:08 AM

we must find a cure with this Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: