Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Curecoin Launch is T minus 5-7 days. The new crypto 3.0 PRE ANN  (Read 10185 times)
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:36:48 PM

Also, when is the release?  Ive lost a lot of sleep already.

Nobody knows - I wish I knew.

CureCoin SHA256 Pool will be up for prereg soon. Sadly it wont be on my new platform as its not ready yet, but atleast the current modified MPOS + stratum should be rock solid.

Ahmed

Looking forward to it!

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:44:12 PM

Alright, looks like we need some clarification on the percentages, sorry about not putting that in my previous post!

3% of the coins will be the dev funds--paying for development of various infrastructure, paying for servers for hosting things, forum upkeep, web design, kickstarting Curecoin projects, bounties, etc. This money will be extremely transparent, we will have a blog where every transaction involving the dev funds is posted and explained, with a crosspost to the forum for comments.

2% of the coins will go to the initial donator funds. As a reminder, this amount was 1BTC per 10k Curecoins, and was used as a way to fund everything during development. The initial donations went way beyond what we expected, and as thus we still have some funds remaining from that, which we are using to buy powerful hosting for the forum, website, and file mirrors. On release, we will have multiple file mirrors, seed nodes around the world, etc. If anyone at this point wants a donation refund, I offer a buyback at 1.1BTC/10k Curecoins, a 10% profit over your initial investment for trusting us. Otherwise, your Curecoins will be waiting for you!

We sent this message to all investors:
This email is confirming your share of CureCoins to soon be delivered to you. You donated 2 BTC and therefor will receive 20,000 CureCoins shortly after launch. For secure delivery of the coins, please respond with your curecoin address to racingoblivious@gmail.com after the coin is launched and you have downloaded the client. Launch date will be announced on the BTCtalk forum and also at https://www.facebook.com/Curecoin .

The CureCoin team thanks you.
Josh aka CygnusXI Lead Dev
Vorksholk - Co Dev
Bitfolder - Project Manager
-- If you are an investor and you did NOT receive this message, please PM me ASAP!

The remaining coins will be split 80/20 folding/mining. So considering all the total coins in the network as 100%, then the TOTAL folding funds will be 76% of the network, and the mining funds will be 19%.
As the way the coin was designed, the folding share is premined. This serves three purposes:

--> Preventing a future fork of the chain stealing folding funds
--> More reliable payout scheme, take the guessing out of folding
--> As the coin is PoS, a 51% attack on a PoS coin with a large amount of the coin reserved will be nearly impossible until the majority of coins have been paid out, at which point the network will be more than large enough to protect itself.

I really wish I could give you an exact time for launch, we're trying to work a bunch of people's schedules to all coincide so we can have pool operators, folders, developers, etc. available when it launches to answer questions, help people who are late on the folding train, etc.
As for prep-steps, you can check out the illustrated Windows folding guide I have over http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=3482.0.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:51:57 PM

Alright, looks like we need some clarification on the percentages, sorry about not putting that in my previous post!

3% of the coins will be the dev funds--paying for development of various infrastructure, paying for servers for hosting things, forum upkeep, web design, kickstarting Curecoin projects, bounties, etc. This money will be extremely transparent, we will have a blog where every transaction involving the dev funds is posted and explained, with a crosspost to the forum for comments.

2% of the coins will go to the initial donator funds. As a reminder, this amount was 1BTC per 10k Curecoins, and was used as a way to fund everything during development. The initial donations went way beyond what we expected, and as thus we still have some funds remaining from that, which we are using to buy powerful hosting for the forum, website, and file mirrors. On release, we will have multiple file mirrors, seed nodes around the world, etc. If anyone at this point wants a donation refund, I offer a buyback at 1.1BTC/10k Curecoins, a 10% profit over your initial investment for trusting us. Otherwise, your Curecoins will be waiting for you!

We sent this message to all investors:
This email is confirming your share of CureCoins to soon be delivered to you. You donated 2 BTC and therefor will receive 20,000 CureCoins shortly after launch. For secure delivery of the coins, please respond with your curecoin address to racingoblivious@gmail.com after the coin is launched and you have downloaded the client. Launch date will be announced on the BTCtalk forum and also at https://www.facebook.com/Curecoin .

The CureCoin team thanks you.
Josh aka CygnusXI Lead Dev
Vorksholk - Co Dev
Bitfolder - Project Manager
-- If you are an investor and you did NOT receive this message, please PM me ASAP!

The remaining coins will be split 80/20 folding/mining. So considering all the total coins in the network as 100%, then the TOTAL folding funds will be 76% of the network, and the mining funds will be 19%.
As the way the coin was designed, the folding share is premined. This serves three purposes:

--> As the coin is PoS, a 51% attack on a PoS coin with a large amount of the coin reserved will be nearly impossible until the majority of coins have been paid out, at which point the network will be more than large enough to protect itself.

I really wish I could give you an exact time for launch, we're trying to work a bunch of people's schedules to all coincide so we can have pool operators, folders, developers, etc. available when it launches to answer questions, help people who are late on the folding train, etc.
As for prep-steps, you can check out the illustrated Windows folding guide I have over http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=3482.0.

Impressive work!

I'm really interested in the details of how the premined folding coins will be released, automatically, based on the folding score. Has this been described somewhere, or is the code for that mechanism available somewhere?
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

So sad to hear this... Sad
We know we can trust on you, but this will be very symilar to ripple "in distribution I mean" Of course you solve all these problems, but the coin becomes centralized, doesn't it? I suppose the wallet with 15,96 millions will be in developers hand right, or are this coins in a wallet which anyone knows the private key and harcoded into the coin code and distributed automatically via some scrypt?
Please explain, because I see many flaws here Sad , I really want this project to success, at least the target is nice, but for which I see for now doesn't seems very proffesional.
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:36:53 PM

I'm curious about the folding coins being premined - how will that be managed - if the coin bloats in value what is to keep a developer with access from selling a bunch of coins and getting a bunch of money before running.

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:23:44 AM

And also for the FAH security another advantage that FAH has that wouldn't work with a smaller networks is FAH is much larger and thus much more equipped to handle things like mass  DDOS attack or people trying to submit fake work units. Also a thing was recently released showing F@H as the strongest Distributed Computing network out there.

Plus because of how larger they they are they also have backing from companies especially companies like Google with insane amounts of resources - and Stanford with many connections.

And lastly the recent success of gridcoin helps back up this being possible - no one has knocked down Boinc which is weaker than F@H.

k2_1971

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:29:49 AM

I'm curious about the folding coins being premined - how will that be managed - if the coin bloats in value what is to keep a developer with access from selling a bunch of coins and getting a bunch of money before running.

Integrity, plain and simple. And the rest of us will have to put faith in and trust that the dev team have the integrity to reserve the 76% that were pre-mined for those that fold. If that 76% were to suddenly be dumped onto the market, there would be nothing for folders to receive, and it would completely destroy this project. Which would completely invalidate all of the work the dev team has been doing for the last several months. To the devs - transparency is KEY. This has to be addressed, those mining/folding for this coin need to see the wallet address where the pre-mined coins are stored and be able to follow the transactions in its blockchain.

In my opinion, the feeling that I get is that we can trust the devs to do the right thing. Believe me when I say that if my instincts were different, I would have no problem calling them out on it (see my posts on the Aphrodite scam coin thread).

As with any alt coin release, I can fully understand yours and anyone else's concerns. If you want to play it safe, don't invest any more resources into obtaining this coin then what you can afford to spend (mining/folding/investing on an exchange). Or don't mine/fold for it at all. I for one plan to mine the shit out of it.
FinaGica

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:44:52 AM

Interesting,nice to see a thread that is having some constructive conversations and not scam posts and trolling sh..

I will be watching this thread seems like a promising coin!!

Wish you good luck and keep up the great work!!
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:50:51 AM

Integrity, plain and simple. And the rest of us will have to put faith in and trust that the dev team have the integrity to reserve the 76% that were pre-mined for those that fold. If that 76% were to suddenly be dumped onto the market, there would be nothing for folders to receive, and it would completely destroy this project. Which would completely invalidate all of the work the dev team has been doing for the last several months. To the devs - transparency is KEY. This has to be addressed, those mining/folding for this coin need to see the wallet address where the pre-mined coins are stored and be able to follow the transactions in its blockchain.

In my opinion, the feeling that I get is that we can trust the devs to do the right thing. Believe me when I say that if my instincts were different, I would have no problem calling them out on it (see my posts on the Aphrodite scam coin thread).

As with any alt coin release, I can fully understand yours and anyone else's concerns. If you want to play it safe, don't invest any more resources into obtaining this coin then what you can afford to spend (mining/folding/investing on an exchange). Or don't mine/fold for it at all. I for one plan to mine the shit out of it.

Integrity is indeed key in many aspects of life. I have the domain curecoin.info reserved but not yet active. This domain will hold a fully transparent ledger of all transactions that are done with the folding funds and dev funds. I have openly shared my identity in various places, if you have not yet followed me on Google +  here is the link to my personal page. https://plus.google.com/u/0/+joshsmithCygnusXI Add me to your circle and feel free to Google chat with me. I plan on hosting Google hangouts to discuss Curecoin and its making, among other items.

I intend to run Curecoin in a 100% transparent manner. Curecoin is compatible with TX messages and all TX for the ledger will have comments for intended use and dates for an easy human readable ledger system.

Thanks for the support, don't forget to follow me on Google Wink

Joshua Smith AKA CygnusXI

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 03:01:44 AM

is it happening tonight, or can i go to sleep?
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 03:30:50 AM

is it happening tonight, or can i go to sleep?

Ive spoke with the main members of the team today. It looks like the team will be able to get together tomorrow afternoon about 2pm EST. Expect launch to happen shortly after that as we put the last pieces in place. 

Work units can take a long time to fold for many cards (AMD cards average 6 - 12 hours for a work unit, certain high end Nvidia can complete a WU in four hours or less). If you start folding tonight its likely that your points will be counted tomorrow.

I would recommend to set up a folder or two, catch a little sleep, and get ready for the fun tomorrow.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:46:02 AM

Ok thanks for the updates - looking forward on this.

FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:28:16 PM

Looking forward to launch. seriously cannot wait. Thanks again Devs for all the support and work you guys have done.

Go CureCoin!
TaffThomas

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:01:13 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 07:32:42 PM by TaffThomas

I've been folding now for over 24 hrs using F@H onto https://www.cryptobullionpools.com but still no stats are showing up on there

I have 5 290 GPUs and my CPU at it

How long does it take?

btw -  I'm a cancer patient so think this is awesome
cittypp

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:09:40 PM

This is a miner coins   Grin Grin
Jencryptolove

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:17:58 PM

Excited for launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley  Grin  Shocked Cheesy Wink
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:30:09 PM

I've been folding now for over 24 hrs using F@H onto https://www.cryptobullionpools.com but still no stats are showing up on there

I have 5 290 GPUs and my CPU at it

How long does it take?

btw -  I'm a cancer patient so thing this is awesome

Your points will be showing up soon my friend! The pool updating is still currently paused but your points are being recorded.

Make sure you leave enough cpu cycle room to feed all those 290 gpu's. With all those 290 gpu's using your cpu will pale in comparison. If you need any help balancing the system just let us know. Turning CPU folding off might help your 290's fold faster.

I hope Team Curecoin can help find some real cures! Keep in good spirits friend!

TaffThomas

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:31:55 PM

Cool

thanks for the tip on the GPU vs CPU. atm the GPUs seem to be doing very little.  Will have a fiddle
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:32:24 PM

Each GPU needs 1 core of CPU for AMD I believe - so keep that in mind.

k2_1971

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 08:34:20 PM

I'm kinda glad this didn't launch right at 2pm EST... I've been planting trees and digging up rocks for the last three hours, checking my email every 10 minutes hah Smiley

I'm ready. Beer in hand. Let's go Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: