Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:34:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Curecoin Launch is T minus 5-7 days. The new crypto 3.0 PRE ANN  (Read 10193 times)
TaffThomas

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:40:54 PM

Each GPU needs 1 core of CPU for AMD I believe - so keep that in mind.

Interesting, so my Celeron  CPU G1610 (which is dual core) may well not be up to the job then?  It's been mining SCRYPT fine for the last 6 months.

Any tips on configuration for folding will always be gratefully received.  They are running silent in comparison to the racket they make when scrypt mining.  If that's normal then great, my marriage will benefit from the peace Smiley
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:41:41 PM

Looks like it's launched, exciting coin! Smiley
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:11:13 PM

Interesting, so my Celeron  CPU G1610 (which is dual core) may well not be up to the job then?  It's been mining SCRYPT fine for the last 6 months.

If your Celeron drives two GPUs it's perfectly fine. Some people do (or did) exactly that: high performance GPU feeded by low performance CPU
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 09:19:19 PM

If your Celeron drives two GPUs it's perfectly fine. Some people do (or did) exactly that: high performance GPU feeded by low performance CPU

Yup! Newer Catalyst drivers + better folding@home software updates allow a lot of systems with low-end processors to still run high-end GPUs without too much bottlenecking. Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:34:52 PM

Yup! Newer Catalyst drivers + better folding@home software updates allow a lot of systems with low-end processors to still run high-end GPUs without too much bottlenecking. Smiley

Good - Are there any special config options I need to set for the GPUs?   ATM they are only showing around 17123 each in terms of credit and saying it will take around 30 days to complete (ETA)

Iw as looking in the slot configuration options to see if there was anything obvious
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:44:32 PM

Good - Are there any special config options I need to set for the GPUs?   ATM they are only showing around 17123 each in terms of credit and saying it will take around 30 days to complete (ETA)

Iw as looking in the slot configuration options to see if there was anything obvious

If you have 5 290s then I would still turn of the CPU to see - if you turn it off and the CPU is still running at 100% you may need to upgrade the CPU.

You should be looking at roughly 140k PPD per GPU for a total of 700k for the system if 17123 is your PPD per GPU then you are running way to low.

First things first: https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/about Follow the guide and make sure you are set up for Core x 17 work units.

Secondly, my problem when I was getting low PPD were that the GPUs weren't running as primary so I had to plug my monitor into my GPU and now my PPD is much higher - however, I'm not sure how that would work for 5 GPUs. Hopefully someone else can help you with this if the core x17 doesn't solve the problem.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:57:03 PM

If you have 5 290s then I would still turn of the CPU to see - if you turn it off and the CPU is still running at 100% you may need to upgrade the CPU.

You should be looking at roughly 140k PPD per GPU for a total of 700k for the system if 17123 is your PPD per GPU then you are running way to low.

First things first: https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/about Follow the guide and make sure you are set up for Core x 17 work units.

Secondly, my problem when I was getting low PPD were that the GPUs weren't running as primary so I had to plug my monitor into my GPU and now my PPD is much higher - however, I'm not sure how that would work for 5 GPUs. Hopefully someone else can help you with this if the core x17 doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks - I'll give it all a go.  I'm just updating the AMD drivers first to see if that has an impact as well.
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:30:23 PM

Thanks - I'll give it all a go.  I'm just updating the AMD drivers first to see if that has an impact as well.

Another important thing - are you using a passkey? And if you have a passkey setup have you completed at least 10 work units so that you start getting bonus points - because I just turned on my machine with a AMD 7950 and the base credit for my GPU was 17123 - same as you except my total credit for the unit was 70k because I have a passkey. That's a big difference. But I am also completing these units in like 14 hours each so you should be completing them in like 8 hours.

How to setup a passkey if you don't have one is also in this guide: https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/about

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:47:51 PM

Coin launched: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.60

TaffThomas

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:42:06 PM

Another important thing - are you using a passkey? And if you have a passkey setup have you completed at least 10 work units so that you start getting bonus points - because I just turned on my machine with a AMD 7950 and the base credit for my GPU was 17123 - same as you except my total credit for the unit was 70k because I have a passkey. That's a big difference. But I am also completing these units in like 14 hours each so you should be completing them in like 8 hours.

How to setup a passkey if you don't have one is also in this guide: https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/about

Yes I have done the psskey.  I think it's my CPU, even with the CPU off it's running at 100% ... time to go shopping Smiley
Jencryptolove

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:26:31 AM

Thank You CURECOIN..... Grin Cure cancer, In my father's honor
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:29:34 AM

Ah Well.  I've tried everything on the website to try and get this 5 AMD 290s to perform above 17123 Credits each but to no avail.  I upgraded to the AMD 14.4 Drivers but that just makes things work and the SCRYPT mining HashRate drops, so for some reason AMD have throttled that Driver.  Ive since put it back to an earlier version and got it back to normal.

At least I know my link up to https://www.cryptobullionpools.com is working as I can see some PPD getting through

I've tried

1.  Turning off the CPU
2.  Just trying it with one GPU
3.  Re-installing the whole thing from scratch
4.  Looked to see if there is anything obvious on the Folding Forum

I've opted to buy a new CPU however it maybe something simpler than that

Has anybody else managed to get these working on a 2 Core CPU? I'm looking in the FAHControl.exe configuration options under the Expert Tab, is there anything in there that would be worth setting?  What I cant find is a site that tells me what the Client and Core options are and what the values do

Thanks

Andy
L33cH

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:37:07 AM

turn off the cpu and wait 2-4h works 100%
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:54:25 AM

turn off the cpu and wait 2-4h works 100%

I left it running overnight
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:10:50 PM

Ah Well.  I've tried everything on the website to try and get this 5 AMD 290s to perform above 17123 Credits each but to no avail.  I upgraded to the AMD 14.4 Drivers but that just makes things work and the SCRYPT mining HashRate drops, so for some reason AMD have throttled that Driver.  Ive since put it back to an earlier version and got it back to normal.

At least I know my link up to https://www.cryptobullionpools.com is working as I can see some PPD getting through

I've tried

1.  Turning off the CPU
2.  Just trying it with one GPU
3.  Re-installing the whole thing from scratch
4.  Looked to see if there is anything obvious on the Folding Forum

I've opted to buy a new CPU however it maybe something simpler than that

Has anybody else managed to get these working on a 2 Core CPU? I'm looking in the FAHControl.exe configuration options under the Expert Tab, is there anything in there that would be worth setting?  What I cant find is a site that tells me what the Client and Core options are and what the values do

Thanks

Andy

Been playing with TriXX and it seems to be getting faster now 300000 PPD instead of just 8500
Philll90

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:44:56 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 02:09:12 PM by Philll90

How many PPD should I get with a 280x?
At the moment it shows this:

CPU (i5-2400)
Base Credit 207
Estimated Credit 1161
Estimated PPD 6826

GPU (280x)
Base Credit 17123
Estimated Credit 67823
Estimated PPD 113016
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:11:17 PM

How many PPD should I get with a 280x?
At the moment it shows this:

CPU (i5-2400)
Base Credit 207
Estimated Credit 1161
Estimated PPD 6826

GPU (280x)
Base Credit 17123
Estimated Credit 67823
Estimated PPD 113016

After some initial config issues (see above) I'm now getting

GPU Radeon R9 290 * 5    PPD =  574,349 so around 115,000 PPD per card

You'll probably get there or there abouts for your 280x

It may have been a bit too early for me to assume I needed a new 4 core CPU

labestia

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:46:37 PM

so i've got over 20k points on the web interface for folding@home but I still don't see anything on https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/userStatsAuth

I've linked the team ID and also created my account on cryptobullionpools with the same username used on the folding@home interface.  Any ideas?  Don't want to keep going if it's not being credited, thanks guys
TaffThomas

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:15:21 PM

so i've got over 20k points on the web interface for folding@home but I still don't see anything on https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/userStatsAuth

I've linked the team ID and also created my account on cryptobullionpools with the same username used on the folding@home interface.  Any ideas?  Don't want to keep going if it's not being credited, thanks guys

Think they credit every 24hrs, so it's not real or near time
Benny1985

Activity: 391

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:00:45 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 06:11:10 PM by Benny1985

How long does it take to update the web portal with info? I started about 3hrs ago, and I see no information on my username at Extreme Overclocking or the F@H website itself.. Any ideas?

Edit: I don't think I've completed an entire project yet, so I am going to assume that is the reason.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: