Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:22:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin friendly Swiss banks  (Read 1471 times)
jonathan2 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:35:57 AM

I was listening to a letstalkbitcoin episode a few weeks ago (can't remember which one) and it were a few American guys who had entered a partnership with a Swiss bank and I would assume they also registered the company in Switzerland.

Switzerland seems to be, from a regulatory standpoint, a relative safe bet to register a company that will be dealing with bitcoin transactions such as fiat to BTC and vice versa.

Does anybody here know which Swiss banks that are bitcoin friendly and would be worth contacting for setting up a partnership?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 12:23:55 AM

I was listening to a letstalkbitcoin episode a few weeks ago (can't remember which one) and it were a few American guys who had entered a partnership with a Swiss bank and I would assume they also registered the company in Switzerland.

Switzerland seems to be, from a regulatory standpoint, a relative safe bet to register a company that will be dealing with bitcoin transactions such as fiat to BTC and vice versa.

Does anybody here know which Swiss banks that are bitcoin friendly and would be worth contacting for setting up a partnership?

Thanks.

I would not trust the Gnomes of Zurich with anything connected to my finances.

They gave in to the US government's demands to expose US citizens with Swiss bank accounts.

The Swiss are no longer trustworthy.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:12:58 AM

Bitcoin-friendly swiss banks

That's like asking for kosher burgers at a neo nazi symposium, isn't it?

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:14:42 AM

Seems like a strange one but well guess you can keep usb drives in their and data pretty well secured since its not like they will scan all your stuff to see whats in it lol.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:21:33 PM

Thanks.

They gave in to the US government's demands to expose US citizens with Swiss bank accounts.

My $.02.

Wink

Yes, the above.   Swiss banks used to be viewed as a safe haven for people trying to evade taxes or hide excess liquid assets, but they did give in to the US demands, and many were indeed exposed.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:13:11 PM

Thanks.

My $.02.

Wink

Yes, the above.   Swiss banks used to be viewed as a safe haven for people trying to evade taxes or hide excess liquid assets, but they did give in to the US demands, and many were indeed exposed.

Thank you for your kind, responsive and accurate reply!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:50:13 PM

I concur with the general sentiment: be weary.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 12:55:06 AM

The Swiss and the Nazis; it makes my head hurt!:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/nazis/readings/sinister.html

Corporations For Crypto
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:48:39 AM

Right now, it seems like none of the Swiss banks are accepting Bitcoin, or are Bitcoin-friendly. But in cryptothrift, I came upon a vendor selling Polish bank accounts, which can be funded using Bitcoins. Don't know how reliable those are.
21pilot

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:41:53 AM

Right now, it seems like none of the Swiss banks are accepting Bitcoin, or are Bitcoin-friendly. But in cryptothrift, I came upon a vendor selling Polish bank accounts, which can be funded using Bitcoins. Don't know how reliable those are.

the Polish bank accounts are no real checking accounts but only a kind of backend for the debit cards they offer (you can only transfer money to the bank account and are not able to
do outgoing wire transfers)
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:09:42 AM

Thanks.

I have no idea about bitcoin friendliness. I doubt that most Swiss banks have any views on the subject. Their main concern is that they are not comfortable with anything that might expose them to U.S. or E.U. regulatory attack. You are likely to have more joy with a Swiss bank that has no exposure outside of Switzerland. Your company will also need to be Swiss registered and domiciled.  Your best bet is to set up a meeting with one of the local cantonal banks such as Raffeisen in Geneva. 

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
GoldSilverBitcoin

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Gold Silver Bitcoin: It's your choice

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 11:02:06 PM

Because of FATCA, banks all over the world must report on behalf of their American customers to the US government. This makes it highly unlikely at the current juncture that banks might adapt bitcoin. It might rather be that they develop their own centralized 'bitcoins' and ignore btc.

-Justin

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:33:12 AM

the Polish bank accounts are no real checking accounts but only a kind of backend for the debit cards they offer (you can only transfer money to the bank account and are not able to do outgoing wire transfers)

That is surprising.... because the vendor was claiming that the cards can be used for withdrawing money using Paypal, Moneybookers.etc.  Angry

Needs to be careful about this.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1239

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 10:58:59 PM

Thanks.

My $.02.

Wink

If it is stored in USD anywhere the USA has every right.  This is what lost loads of money in Panama.  They do not own BTC though and have zero rights.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: