Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's get Staples to Accept Bitcoin  (Read 1060 times)
CJYP (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:35:26 PM

I was at the mit bitcoin expo yesterday, and I met someone from Staples. He told me they are looking into ways to process payments online. Not just bitcoin, but also Google Wallet and a few others.

In the short term, I think this makes Staples a better target the Amazon for our attempts to get a major retailer to accept bitcoin.
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:05:48 PM

I really dont care if Staples accept bitcoin, I'm more if google accepts bit coin for advertising campaigns.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:26:16 PM

Great idea; We need BTC to be associated with this:

Anything that helps people understand the BTC can be easy should be encouraged.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:32:39 PM

But we really need is McDonald's to be affiliated with bitcoin, you know how many people buy fast food. If we get all the fast food chains to buy  with bitcoin than it would get a lot of attention

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 08:03:52 PM

But we really need is McDonald's to be affiliated with bitcoin, you know how many people buy fast food. If we get all the fast food chains to buy  with bitcoin than it would get a lot of attention
McDonalds! Let's get Monsanto while we're at it, and go for that big pharma dollar too!

Seriously though.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:08:39 PM

But we really need is McDonald's to be affiliated with bitcoin, you know how many people buy fast food. If we get all the fast food chains to buy  with bitcoin than it would get a lot of attention
McDonalds! Let's get Monsanto while we're at it, and go for that big pharma dollar too!

Seriously though.

There is nothing good to be said about Monsanto.
McDonalds recently introduced a huge plan to transition to using only sustainable providers for most everything they purchase.
Now when kids get brainwashed to love McD's at least they will not hurt the environment as much.  Smiley

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:47:16 PM

This would provide Bitcoin with a lot of attention, but it may not be what we need. I think Bitcoin has to steadily increase, otherwise we'll see an epic climb and then a massive crash, causing a crypto-depression. People may dump their remaining assets into other coins, and then Bitcoin WILL die. Other cryptos will surpass it in terms of activity.

In all honesty, we need a steady climb. That's the only way we can stay alive.
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 09:57:38 PM

But we really need is McDonald's to be affiliated with bitcoin, you know how many people buy fast food. If we get all the fast food chains to buy  with bitcoin than it would get a lot of attention

Seriously though.

There is nothing good to be said about Monsanto.
McDonalds recently introduced a huge plan to transition to using only sustainable providers for most everything they purchase.
Now when kids get brainwashed to love McD's at least they will not hurt the environment as much.  Smiley

that's really great news.

-bm

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
xfli

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

走哪算哪

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:57:08 PM

With the development of Bitcoin, Amazon will accept bitcoin.

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:23:33 PM

I was at the mit bitcoin expo yesterday, and I met someone from Staples. He told me they are looking into ways to process payments online. Not just bitcoin, but also Google Wallet and a few others.

In the short term, I think this makes Staples a better target the Amazon for our attempts to get a major retailer to accept bitcoin.

I was about to say it's kind of pointless just trying to get all these random companies just to accept bitcoin and let it happen naturally, but I'm glad to see they're actually looking in to accepting digital payments. It makes me wonder what other companies are currently exploring their options.
nkocevar

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:49:10 PM

True. Fast food becomes even faster by processing payments with bitcoins.

5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:54:32 PM

Companies invariably need stationery. Staples would be a good target because it would give Bitcoin-accepting merchants a chance to use their BTC without simply converting them to fiat.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
BSIG

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Vintage4X4

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:34:40 AM

They are still in business?  Grin

Vintage4X4
sifter

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

CoinBooster Rep

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:38:07 AM

KFC TOO??

CoinBooster.io - Earn up to 67mil satoshi per day. Claim every 5 minutes. NO POP UPS! HIGH ROI
Bitcointalk Official Thread
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: