Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:26:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How True that Bitcoin is Failing  (Read 2638 times)
martinnew (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:09:07 PM

I started to read more and more about Bitcoins to know more about it. Some says it is already failing and some says it is hitting high. Those who are experts in Bitcoin, what is the current truth?
CoinRocka

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:20:25 PM

Bitcoin has been relatively stable for the better part of 2014.  Remember the context of the word "stable" with respect to how new and volatile cryptos are.  Stability is good, adoption is happening...we have just entered the early adopters stage of the cycle.

In ten years we will look back at the price today and /facepalm...
Hash72

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:22:04 PM

I started to read more and more about Bitcoins to know more about it. Some says it is already failing and some says it is hitting high. Those who are experts in Bitcoin, what is the current truth?

No one can tell you what is going to happen do you know why??? ..Answer : Because Bitcoins and Crypto-world is always unexpectable .

NorTiaN

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:22:22 PM

Bitcoin is the start of something new and great. Great future with great possibilities. It has, however, some nasty enemies...
It sure gonna be an hell of a ride!!
beatljuice

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:26:18 PM

If the question is whether it is currently failing I have to say absolutely not. More and more people are using it every day. The value compared to fiat is only one (small) indicator of its success.

If the question is whether it will fail in the future, who knows.

In my experience the people who say "Bitcoin is failing" or "Bitcoin is a fad" are not very well educated about how Bitcoin works. That doesn't mean they are wrong, but I'm going with the people that understand the technology, and they almost unanimously think it, or something like it, will change the world.
AMVM

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:26:52 PM

Always remember that BTC is an experiment so there's no such thing as failure.

Main stream media will tell what they want you to hear.
BTC dev's won't tell you that bitcoin is safe investment.
See the difference here?
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:31:05 PM

Bitcoin has been relatively stable for the better part of 2014.  Remember the context of the word "stable" with respect to how new and volatile cryptos are.  Stability is good, adoption is happening...we have just entered the early adopters stage of the cycle.

Why do you think that the price of a bitcoin has be higher as now? seriously.

because its limited? because the difficulty rising? because bitcoins a block get reduced? that arguments is hard to hold seeing other blockchains popping up and the bitcoin is technology driven, which is getting better and better. I dont think its necessary to increase the price of a bitcoin as its a value of code. Whats the price of a calculated code? The hardware and and the electricity.

The only thing to believe, bitcoin will unfold 10x in value, if you see it as art. Can a code be art? Something you are staring at and its giving you a beautyfull feeling. Ehmmmmm.  Maybe for geeks, technofreaks, but even then its hard to believe human kind will change so dramaticly in 10 years.

i think its going to be cheaper to create a bitcoin on a blockchain and on the other hand when the demand is growing, then the price should stay stable. So lets go to the fuuutere
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:45:54 PM

Always remember that BTC is an experiment so there's no such thing as failure.

Main stream media will tell what they want you to hear.
BTC dev's won't tell you that bitcoin is safe investment.
See the difference here?

BTC dev's don't really have a clue about economics, nor do they have a vision for the future

Most dev's didn't even think we were gonna reach $1/bitcoin
martinnew (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:56:50 PM

Bitcoin has been relatively stable for the better part of 2014.  Remember the context of the word "stable" with respect to how new and volatile cryptos are.  Stability is good, adoption is happening...we have just entered the early adopters stage of the cycle.

Stable is already a good thing. Would also like to ask the current value of BTC?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:09:55 PM

Bitcoin has been relatively stable for the better part of 2014.  Remember the context of the word "stable" with respect to how new and volatile cryptos are.  Stability is good, adoption is happening...we have just entered the early adopters stage of the cycle.

Why do you think that the price of a bitcoin has be higher as now? seriously.

because its limited? because the difficulty rising? because bitcoins a block get reduced? that arguments is hard to hold seeing other blockchains popping up and the bitcoin is technology driven, which is getting better and better. I dont think its necessary to increase the price of a bitcoin as its a value of code. Whats the price of a calculated code? The hardware and and the electricity.

The only thing to believe, bitcoin will unfold 10x in value, if you see it as art. Can a code be art? Something you are staring at and its giving you a beautyfull feeling. Ehmmmmm.  Maybe for geeks, technofreaks, but even then its hard to believe human kind will change so dramaticly in 10 years.

i think its going to be cheaper to create a bitcoin on a blockchain and on the other hand when the demand is growing, then the price should stay stable. So lets go to the fuuutere

For it to be used by a large chunk of people around the world on a regular basis the value has to be higher. If it wasn't then a few reasonably sized transactions would paralyse the market and it wouldn't be of practical use to anyone.

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:41:55 PM

What are you reading? Is it about technical reasons that Bitcoin is failing or just price action?
martinnew (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:01:43 PM

What are you reading? Is it about technical reasons that Bitcoin is failing or just price action?

According to what I have read. Failing because of security reasons, lots of hacked accounts that could cause some to leave BTC. That could also cause deflation.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:04:47 PM

That's always been the case. I'm sure it has caused people to leave it behind or not even begin in the first place. A lot of people are working on more secure solutions.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:21:27 PM

According to what I have read. Failing because of security reasons, lots of hacked accounts that could cause some to leave BTC. That could also cause deflation.
By hacked accounts, are you talking about actual bitcoin wallets or are you talking about some web service that is not bitcoin? - if so, how is that a failure of bitcoin?
martinnew (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:56:27 PM

By hacked accounts, are you talking about actual bitcoin wallets or are you talking about some web service that is not bitcoin? - if so, how is that a failure of bitcoin?

"Some says it is already failing" that is why I want some confirmations here. I think they are talking about the actual Bitcoin wallets.
Nikinger

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:00:53 PM

Bitcoin doesn't fail because the P2P and blockchain system still works as expected. The price justs falls.

1EwKrY5Bn3T47r4tYqSv6mMQkUyu7hZckV
LOADING.READY.RUN

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:07:43 PM

"Some says it is already failing" that is why I want some confirmations here. I think they are talking about the actual Bitcoin wallets.

"Some says it is already failing" is worth nothing without any quote or a link.

In the last couple of months the technical problems of some 1st generation BTC businesses has led to problems (first and foremost Mt.Gox), but that doesn't mean Bitcoin itself is a failure. It's digital cash and it can be stolen as easily as cash. If an online company doesn't take the necessary security measures seriously, well you know what can happen then.

Ultimately these cases lead to a loss of confidence which in turn lets the BTC price go down. However, the current downtrend is still normal market behaviour after a violent run-up like we had in November.

Don't forget the big increase in retailer adoption -- in the last six months a couple of large companies have added Bitcoin to their payment options, most prominently  Overstock.com in January, but more followed. For now this was overshadowed by the bear market, but in the long run it makes BTC increasingly useful for everyday payments which will eventually lead to further increases in BTC price.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:07:58 PM

Provide some links.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
UglyTroll

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:15:50 PM

Scheme is not sustainable. It doesn't matter how high the price goes, once most of the Bitcoin supporters jump on the boat, the buying power will get lower. Since less and less people buying coins, those sellers will have to lower the price a lot to sell, eventually price will collapse. When collapsing happens, it should be very fast. A scheme will never get unlimited supporters, that's why it's not sustainable.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:18:28 PM

I think we have a sockpuppet.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: