Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:39:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the reality of bitcon adoption  (Read 1718 times)
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 02:45:43 AM

"AskJeeves" and web spiders ...ah those were the days. I'm still ticked about the fall of Netscape ;-)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:54:26 AM

Today I asked a relative of mine who owns commercial real estate
if they would consider taking Bitcoin payments.

They said that it is too early.  It might work somewhere
like, say, San Francisco, but most of their tenants don't
even know what Bitcoin is.

So bottom line is, we are VERY early in the Bitcoin
game.  That means 1. there is a lot of work to do,
and 2. its still a great opportunity to be an early adopter.

Accepting BTC for commercial real estate would be a little more complicated than signing up as a merchant on coinbase because it is a lot of business to business sales, that require a lot more checks and balances than just an individual paying rent.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:50:25 AM

Will I ever see a commercial on TV for bitcoin?  What will the angle be?  How do you convince people to pay 1% to buy from a exchange?

i dont think anyone will have to buy from an exchange in the near future.. people will buy/sell direct to each other using personal bank transfers. or through a decentralised exchange that supports fiat currency like nxt or (soon to be) nem. why would anyone send coins/fiat to a centralised exchange when they can use a decentralised one with zero fees?

also in relation to advertising i think it will be companies based on/around bitcoin that will advertise.. so companies will advertise for us and in turn advertise bitcoin itself.. dont you see the facebook and twitter symbols everwhere now? shops and websites will all display the bitcoin symbol the same way

...a decentralised one with zero fees?
What makes you expect zero fees?
Long-term Bitcoin (for example) is counting on people paying fees.

cos its proof of stake you only pay transaction fees soon to be .1 nxt or .01 nxt.. not sure what they will set it at.. so when trading coins/shares on asset exchange you only pay transaction fees which is nothing compared to trading fees on normal exchanges..(i ment you dont pay a fee to the people running the exchange!) and you would be trading real coins not iou's.. also could be trading with out any transaction fees also cos they have sub atomic crosschain transactions in closed beta at the min i think.. or near beta... all the info can be found on the forum..

OK, exchanges exist to trade a quantity of one thing for some quantity of some other thing. In local parlance, typically for trading some crypto (be it XBT, NXT, or whatever) for some fiat (e.g. USD). So explain to me how NXT allows trading, say, NXT for USD across distance, without needing an exchange. Please focus on the USD side of the transaction. How does USD get from party A to party B?

Or by 'exchange', were you talking about some other thing?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 07:44:09 AM

Real estate usually requires some bank services.

Interesting would be to use bitcoin transaction as alternative to bank ones. This way they would be able to cut some prices.

Only problem is they need clients who would like it.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:25:55 AM

Real estate usually requires some bank services.
Interesting would be to use bitcoin transaction as alternative to bank ones. This way they would be able to cut some prices.
Only problem is they need clients who would like it.

There are a lot of real estate properties listed out there in Bitpremier. You can even buy private islands in the Pacific Ocean. And they have found plenty of clients in the past was well.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:31:22 AM

Amen brother!
We are the first 1% of a hopefully huge adoption wave

scarlettroad

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:21:17 PM

The BTC/USD value is too volatile.

Sad to say but since the USD conversion is still universal, the constant price fluctuations make it impossible for commercial usage to truly adpot without changing their product prices daily.

If suppliers were to take bitcoin, this would alleviate much of this issue seemingly all of the bitcoin advocacy is being focused on the retail side / ATMs for consumers.
_Miracle

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:12:56 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 05:34:00 PM by _Miracle

From time to time I check out some of the major real estate discussion forums: Zillow has A post and Active Rain only a few (intelligible) as of a couple weeks ago.
Real estate is an area where I'd like to see smart contracts and such but real estate practices vary widely from one state (or even area) to the next so unless a larger company comes to service the industry, it will be on an office (or hopefully soon: some major franchise) basis .
We have a long way to go for adoption for so many reasons but more average consumers are using it now: I am not in the computer industry, I just like applying good tech to whatever it is
I'm doing. Bitcoin is good tech, SO good...there's still a learning curve to using it.

I'd like to see companies who handle 1031 exchanges address bitcoin and so many other things that I'm excited to watch as they progress.
I'm also hoping that many things about bitcoin will stay unregulated because I feel as though this is an opportunity to see a free market in action.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:16:47 PM

Most people I know have heard of Bitcoin but, know very little about it, and what they think they know is usually the bad stereotypical stuff.
You said it. That's pretty much the rule for any new concept, it's like a wave that emanates in this case from the most tech-savvy twenty-somethings outward in every direction. Fear always travels faster than wisdom.

The systematic lying from the power elite doesn't help. False sense of security is dangerous situation. Puts us in this dystopia we have now. Dollar is doomed.

Fallout from dollar implosion will be terrible if too few dollar-holders get off the sinking ship and onto crypto lifeboat in time. Deathtoll incalculable.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
_Miracle

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:21:19 PM

"Fear always travels faster than wisdom"

Too true

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: